• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Are the RS 4's worth the extra $100 ?

kzz1king

The 3's work well for me. Have went through a couple sets and they do everything thing I need at a very reasonable price. They can be a bear to mount but I get it done.
I read a review that said the 4 is more supple and has a less harsh ride. Anyone else notice that? I may have to pony up and find out.

I prefer the RS IV over the RS III.

More tread life is biggest reason and also I did spin up a cold RS III one time, never happened on the IV. BTW I ride in cold weather as well as hot. Since beginning of 2022 season we have ridden in 109*F to yesterday’s 23*F and the RS IV’s stick in all circumstances and I’m no slouch.. lol

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Last I had the 3’s was spring of 2021, I got from RevZilla - which still has the rear available but front is not available.

BTW - I do have a front RS III in the garage with 80% life left on it. If anyone is interested, PM me,
I’ll send you a pic, you give fair price and you pay shipping - or pickup SE PA.

Regardless, seems this tire seems to be phasing out.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

When they went on sale, I bought multiple sets of the RS-IIs and liked them.
They supposedly had the same Rubber compound as the RS-III's. Never slipped on me.
Got about 3k-4k out of the rears which is a bit better for me than normal.
NOTE: My low numbers is because I don't do long haul riding.
I prefer to trailer to an event, enjoy the new area's, and trailer home. (Don't say it. Yes I know I'm a sinner)
So,,,,,,, almost all my riding is done in Twisty area's.

I finally used my last RS-II's, so I recently opted to buy the Metzler Roadtech Z8 Interact tires.
For the rear I bought a 190/50 and a 190/55 for comparison.
(Haven't installed them yet)
My reasoning; Several reported good handling/wet grip, think their advertisements makes sense, and I just happen to like the look of the tread pattern. :oops:

Cost is about $285 for the pair which is about $100 less than the cost of the RS-4's.

Has anybody used these?

Ride safe, Ted

When they went on sale, I bought multiple sets of the RS-IIs and liked them.
They supposedly had the same Rubber compound as the RS-III's. Never slipped on me.
Got about 3k-4k out of the rears which is a bit better for me than normal.
NOTE: My low numbers is because I don't do long haul riding.
I prefer to trailer to an event, enjoy the new area's, and trailer home. (Don't say it. Yes I know I'm a sinner)
So,,,,,,, almost all my riding is done in Twisty area's.

I finally used my last RS-II's, so I recently opted to buy the Metzler Roadtech Z8 Interact tires.
For the rear I bought a 190/50 and a 190/55 for comparison.
(Haven't installed them yet)
My reasoning; Several reported good handling/wet grip, think their advertisements makes sense, and I just happen to like the look of the tread pattern. :oops:

Cost is about $285 for the pair which is about $100 less than the cost of the RS-4's.

Has anybody used these?

Ride safe, Ted
With the RS3 I could wear out a rear and then throw a RS2 on to finish the front. Worked ot well.