• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Are you going to cancel the 2020 National? YES

Gumby

I have been getting emails and IMs about the National, so I need to let everybody know where I stand on this question.

Jami and I are looking forward to hosting the National this year, and it is too early to make that call.

Like other states, Washington has closed all bars and restaurants. If this is the case when May 14th rolls around, I may have to throw in the towel on the National. May 14th is when I need to have all event orders finalized, and lots of things can change in two months.

I will update this thread as things progress, but I am locking it for now. There are enough threads about C19 on the forum already.

Stay tuned,

I removed registration from the event page so just in case I have to cancel Nancy does not have to deal with more refunds. I am unlocking the thread to hear your thoughts.

I thimk you should probably cancel so people do not make plans, vacation time, etc. just to get cancelled at the last minute. Maybe a vaccine will be developed and next year will be good.

gsun said:
I thimk you should probably cancel so people do not make plans, vacation time, etc. just to get cancelled at the last minute. Maybe a vaccine will be developed and next year will be good.
That is exactly why I don't want to cancel right now, if this thing goes away by June the ones who have already reserved rooms and made their vacation plans will get jacked. The people who haven't made plans, well they haven't plans. Nuff said......

Fun fact: There are more than twice as many rooms reserved than people registered.

(At this stage) we're monitoring things to see what develops.
  All was in process. Hans had arranged his flight from Sweden and Routes planned.
  We booked rooms and were ready to Register.
    And then; the Virus raised it's ugly head.  :mad:

My concern is Gumby {his team} and planning..
  ie; They can't plan until we know how this turns out.
      They shouldn't be out and about.

My thought is; Leave it in the schedule, {w/registration on hold as Gumby sez} and also change the dates to; "To be determined".
  Most important; Stop any planning that requires he and his Team being in public.
  When the smoke clears,,, pick new dates and start planning again.
  At that time; I'll help in any way I can.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
(At this stage) we're monitoring things to see what develops.
  All was in process. Hans had arranged his flight from Sweden and Routes planned.
  We booked rooms and were ready to Register.
    And then; the Virus raised it's ugly head.  :mad:

My concern is Gumby {his team} and planning..
  ie; They can't plan until we know how this turns out.
      They shouldn't be out and about.

My thought is; Leave it in the schedule, {w/registration on hold as Gumby sez} and also change the dates to; "To be determined".
  Most important; Stop any planning that requires he and his Team being in public.
  When the smoke clears,,, pick new dates and start planning again.
  At that time; I'll help in any way I can.

Ride safe, Ted

Good plan, (in my opinion).

I am one that has a room but have not registered yet. Reason...rooms can be hard to get but I can sign  up close to ride time. I have a 2 1/2 week trip planned that includes family and friends in the NW area. I hope very much you can keep the rally on? But I understand something's are out of your hands.

Stubby said:
I am one that has a room but have not registered yet. Reason...rooms can be hard to get but I can sign  up close to ride time. I have a 2 1/2 week trip planned that includes family and friends in the NW area. I hope very much you can keep the rally on? But I understand something's are out of your hands.

Same here. Unfortunately I am on a non-voluntary hiatus from work. They are hoping to get us back in by June 1. That means no time off until we are finished shooting the season (tv show). So it looks like we won't be going.  :'(

So long as services are open: those who wish to stay home for any reason, safety or preference, may do so. I'd suggest allowing refunds upon request if that is the stated reason.

I plan to attend, as do all who have not requested a refund. I sure hope you don't cancel this rally. Flights are super cheap, rental bikes will be too, and we have negotiating power with the hotel now so we can get deep discounts. I don't have to shake hands with everyone around the fire. I can sit in my chair, have a drink, smoke my cigar, and ride my bike without grabbing a fistful of cootes just fine. And I'm looking forward to Mt Rainier and Mt. Hood.

Lets get back to life and have this rally!  :)

I share your wishful thinking, but suspect the virus will follow its own schedule and local/state governments will make their plans right up to the last minute.

In the meantime, I'm locked in for a one-week reservation (probably won't be able to get a refund unless the area is still under quarantine) and plan to hang on and see what happens. Hoping for the best, but feel bad for the planning committee likely locked in or otherwise engaged with more pressing matters.

:great:

Double Dang,,, :(
I'm gonna miss "fix'n" Ted's bike while he's sleeping under the stairway.

Stuff like deflating his tires, leaving fake oil spills under his bike, and replacing all his good fuses with blown fuses. And I had a special treat this year just for him.

Hoping for the best, as usual.  :mad:

Now I'm confused.  I though Ted slept under a bridge.  That's why i can't ever find him.

"Harry": So, it WAS "you" that worked on my bike... 
  I shall get revenge!!  :mad:

"Not So Wild": I know your easily confused, so I'll let ya slide on that one.
                        (PS: I sleep in a Cave)

{Unlike you two} I'm always ready to help other COGgers.
    So, ya'll go ahead and pick on me.
      I guess it gives the "simple minds" something to do while setting at home, bored.  :c002:

Ride safe, Ted

Boredom Remedies;
I've been;
Tweaking my old trailer. {I built it 46 years ago / geez I'm old}
  Lots of Mods, lots of $$, and nearly finished..  :great:
I'm also resurrecting a C-10 for my son.
  It is now alive again, and work on plastics is continuing.
Got into a Jigsaw puzzle and found that once started, it's difficult to quit. {??}
  {Geez I'm boring}.. :-[
Got the smoker fired up and smoking various meat's. {Including Armadillo's for Harry  :nananana:}
  Getting fat..  :rotflmao:
Booze...……
  {Almost out of the good stuff. Starting to "like" the cheap emergency stuff.}  :truce:

Ride safe, Ted

And if all else fails you can post negative comments about Ted.  What could be more entertaining than that.  Well maybe a couple of things but nothing that I'm supposed to be doing

I'm a pretty optimistic guy I guess, and am praying the situation improves. We know a lot of planning goes into these events and can appreciate their efforts and the nervousness of all who have given all to this and many other rallies. Interesting that Washington was the first state to be affected by this virus, and hopefully the first state to be clear. As we all know some of the best trips we have gone on are the ones we didn't plan. Guess the truth is,  that when your expectations are low the outcome usually exceeds those expectations. I think a pause and wait and see approach and hope for the best will prevail. This may be the rally that almost didn't happen. Tentative may be a good approach to this. May God be with you all and ride when you can! :motonoises:

Guys, just to clear up some confusion...

Normally, Ted sleeps in a cave, and under a bridge when travelling. He really likes the camaraderie at the National, and the bridges are too far for him to stumble to them safely (and without getting lost). During the Nationals, he normally sleeps in under the stairway.
I hope this helps anyone who might have gotten confused... you're welcome!

Jorge said:
Guys, just to clear up some confusion...

Normally, Ted sleeps in a cave, and under a bridge when travelling. He really likes the camaraderie at the National, and the bridges are too far for him to stumble to them safely (and without getting lost). During the Nationals, he normally sleeps in under the stairway.
I hope this helps anyone who might have gotten confused... you're welcome!

Thanks for clearing that up. Many folks don't know Ted and his disposition.
Just last summer, he did a number on me and my C14 by laying a drive shaft across the road (at night) so I could hit it.
He has been laying low every since cause he knows I will get back at him. Luckily, I was well trained and survived the "incident".

If he can't find a cave, or stairway to hide out in, he can sometimes be found in a local drain pipe if it's not raining.
In the mean time, all I can do is keep track of his whereabouts until the next Nationals where he can be cornered and dealt with properly.

SO I track him on this forum until I can catch up with him.

Can't touch this
                      ----duh-du du du---du du--du du
                            ---duh-du du du---du du----du du
                                                                              Can't touch this,,,
                                                                                                        etc etc etc
                                                                                                              :pokestick: :pokestick: :29:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Can't touch this

tumblr_mi2utg3sgw1s559c9o1_500.gifv

Can't touch this,,,
                                                                                                        etc etc etc

Ride safe, Ted

Fixed it for ya sailor
  :57:

kv5e said:
connie_rider said:
Can't touch this

tumblr_mi2utg3sgw1s559c9o1_500.gifv

---da daa daaa---
                                                                              Can't touch this,,,
                                                                                                        etc etc etc

Ride safe, Ted

Fixed it for ya sailor
  :57:

Perfect. {Harry wouldn't have ever figured it out}.

I tweaked it some more....  {---da daa daaa---}  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Turn yer volume UP!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

Ride safe, Ted

PS: We're trying to keep ya'll smilin'.  :) :)
      {think positive} We'll have another National sooner or later..

I think to relieve boredom we should do something challenging, like posting positive comments about TED. :??:  Maybe that's too hard?  :-[

I wouldn't know where to start.  Is there anything positive.  Oh I've got it.  He used to have a great mustache but not anymore.

Something positive about Ted? I'm positive that dude should stay in the drain pipe when it rains so he could get a bath.

And you wonder why I locked this thread in the beginning. You guys are way out of control and that's why I love y'all.
Update: I am not cancelling yet. I understand it is not looking good, but one has to hope. :beerchug:

Yayyy. Success!!
Ya'll seem to be having a good time.
  Unfortunately, it's at my expense.  {Gloom}  :-[

Ride safe, Ted

PS: By the way, while trying to sleep last night..
        I kept waking up "with this beat on my mind";

PS II: Good for you Gumby.
          Maybe, "just maybe", it will all work out.
            {I'm still making preps for a possible trip...}
              Folks, this Virus is "scary".
                  Ya'll stay safe!!

Here's something positive: His wife is really nice!  (and patient, and tolerant, and...)
Harry, did you say no mustache any more??  How will we recognize him?

As I don't have a mask, I let my mustache grow longer, and learned ventriloquism. 
Now my longer mustache, {coated with mustache wax and hand sanitizer} filters the air..  ;)
  Annnnd,,, (since no one can see my mouth move, and their not sure who's speaking)  :great:
        I can start some "really good" fights at the store and not get caught.  <evil grin>  :)
                                              8)

Ride safe, Ted

Tom, if it starts to look dire for mid-June could COG move the Rally out a month or two? Not an easy task I know. I was really looking forward to this and would like to see it re-scheduled if needed.

Tundra Tom said:
Tom, if it starts to look dire for mid-June could COG move the Rally out a month or two? Not an easy task I know. I was really looking forward to this and would like to see it re-scheduled if needed. We are all finding our way through this....

I have a follow up call with the hotel in two weeks. I will be much closer to a decision after this meeting and update everybody.

Random thoughts:
1. Moving it a month or two is an option, but some people cannot move their vacation time around that easy. I know some plan a year ahead.
2. I personally feel it will be a low turn out no matter what because of this Corona crap. Cancel the rally, and have a meet and greet with no eat. I have reservations at the Heathman, if I can ride there in June I will. I want to go to back to my Mother Land, the PNW.
3. If plans for the 2021 are not too far along move this rally forward a year.
4. I was really looking forward to hosting this rally and along with others have spent way too much time planning it.
5. Can enough things change to go our way in the next two weeks/two months? I left my crystal ball/snow globe in Oregon, it's way to hot down here.

I think you should do like the Olympics and just move it back to 2021. This is an epic destination for me, and I would really like to be able to do this cross country ride and party with the whole group. Like many I have to lock my vacation in January. This is a crappy  situation for everyone; and moving it back to next year will give us all something to look forward to.  My $0.02

I really hate to see COG throw in the towel on this :truce: , but I'm on the same page a Throttle 8. 
I think, best to move it to 2021"

Many folks will be hurt financially by this virus, or used up vacation time.
  Unsure if it will be safe to travel by June.
  Vacation's need to be rescheduled in advance.
  National team shouldn't be out at this time due to the stay in place.

Thinking the motels will be willing to bargain with the team to do a next year plan; as it would lock in a future event at their
      Motels, that are also struggling financially.

Ride safe, Ted

Well said Ted and i agree. Now i said something nice about you Ted and that should be enough of that for 2020.

I think that's the first time that you've sed something nice about me.    :sign0137:
You must be bored too...

I printed/framed it, and hung it on the wall..    :pDT_Armataz_01_37:

Things are looking better...  :13: :dance: :13: :dance: :13:

Ride safe, Ted

I have to be very very careful.  I also try not to agree with George, Dan, or Walter.  I am going to let one of those three teach me to skydive though. 

I am/was planning (hoping) to attend this year, but I plan on retiring NEXT year in June, so pushing it back to July 2021 for this one would fit my plans PERFECTLY.

I think pushing it back to 2021 would be okay (with me) so I might could make it a three week trip instead of a fly/rent/fly.

ron203 said:
I plan on retiring NEXT year in June.

I think pushing it forward back to 2021 would be okay (with me) so I could make it a three week trip instead of a fly/rent/fly.
There is one vote, I need three more.

I'm for waiting till 2021.  As one of them said, this is one of the premier spots in the country to ride...when the snow has melted and the rain stops. 

Chris

I really think it should be moved a year. There will be little/no change in this situation by June. I, for one, won't be there this year if it happens.

Hope it's held here in the N.W. either way. Really looking forward to it and sharing our northwest twisties and beauty.

If the date changes, that allows consideration of going later into the summer.  A date in July or the first part of August would allow members with jobs in education to attend, which hasn't happened since the last National hosted by us in Idaho Falls in 2013.  It would also allow for more snow to melt, which could impact how many roads are open at higher elevations.
I vote for delaying until 2021, and suggest we try to push the date to later in the season if we can. Whatever we do, there's an OtP traveler having to arrange travel from Europe to us, so the sooner they know what's going on the better.

Charlie

I'll apologize in advance for the lengthy post.

I've been looking forward to this rally for months now, as it would've been my first time riding in the PNW.  And although the route from NE Kansas to Vancouver would have been mostly Interstate, the opportunity to hit Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, etc. was really enticing.  And with my retirement last October, I was looking super forward to a leisurely return trip home down Hwy. 1 and across the Southwest.  Oh, well...

HOWEVER, if I might digress for a minute, my wife is medically trained, and the good Dr. Moore has been telling me for six weeks that there is NO WAY there will be a rally in June.  Or July.  Or probably even August.  Anywhere.  Those who think otherwise are, uh, optimistic, shall we say.  As much as I want to ignore her for my own selfish reasons, I grudgingly admit she is 100% correct.  Without boring everyone with her credentials, she has access to more factual information on COVID-19 than any 100 people off the street.  And while we all want good news on this pandemic, we're nowhere near the downside yet.  Not to mention the fact that this disease is significantly more harmful to those in the COG age group.  :nananana:  ;)

Sorry, getting to the point now...I agree with postponing to 2021.  Ted is correct (yes, I said it) about having a nice bargaining chip with the Heathman for next year.  I am aware that the 2021 planning team has been working hard already, but I hope they would be agreeable with postponing a year in the face of this terrible event.  Our group is one of smart, reasonable people, and I think it's best to take our lumps now and celebrate twice as hard next year.  No matter how personally disappointing that may be... :'(           

What I read;
  Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,,, "Ted is correct"  blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

{I don't see that very much, and had to repost it}  :great: :great: :great:

NOTE: On top of what TRM-KS posted; we're concerned for the folks that are still trying to do arrangements.
          Ya'll chill and keep your heads down for now.
            When the smoke clears,,, we'll help crank it up again.

Ride safe, Ted

I was planning on making it this year since it's in my home area but as others have stated, I agree the responsible thing to do is move it to 2021. As much as it's in my local backyard, I think the date is too close when things start to recover and possibly open in time if at all. There's too many moving pieces and what someone mentioned earlier, I don't think we'll be out of woods yet. If we did hold the event, it would probably not meet the numbers everyone would expect from previous rallies.

If we only push it out 1-2 months, there would still be reluctance for people to travel so soon after the prohibitions are lifted.  Attendance would be down and the event not as much fun if it's held in 2020.  I also suggest Vancouver 2021 for the COG National.

This decision has been weighing heavy on me, but I think it is finally time to call it quits. I wanted to hold on, hoping things would change for the better and go our way. The straw that broke the camel’s back was reading the Oregonian last night and seeing that Vancouver cancelled its Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular.
:'(

Will it get pushed to 2021? I live in the Southwest now and am no longer a board member so that decision is out of my hands. If the BoD says “yes”, we are doing Gateway to the Gorge II. I will help, but I will not be the Rally Meister next year.

For those of you that have registered, Nancy will send you a full refund.

Tough call, but I think it was the right one.  We now have another year to really hype this destination up.

I have to admit I was looking forward to this National since it was announced last July. My wife and I had all the reservations made going out and returning to Wisconsin. The trip would take 3 1/2 weeks.

Tom and Jamie, canceling was the right decision. My wife told me recently she did not want to make the trip, and myself, I really did not want to ride out in a "body sized prophylactic slathered in hand sanitizer".  I know you both put in a lot of hard work, but it will happen next year in the NW.

Thanks again for all of your hard work, it will not go to waste.
Now I have something to look forward to again.

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Tough call, but I think it was the right one.  We now have another year to really hype this destination up.
hYji2re8Q52OUlAjLaxTc_Los_K4BBVdn2NLPRPJBLOWdAemW762tRtHaR3lHEc-Rmj7FYX75EMPVBKSkDE4LDLHv9n5vjHfv6PT4CWKEt2u95Qn1_hvFdgLFK8DH4ygYORUDSNo237Pm9Hp0FSsLqyzDZvTdp5T3maj1eZ7MsCzuhYLQ_MDzzx8UMp2O8sCSyz0vRVNYFyTalbeCQF0BSaFWAU_gKtUPM8rFMeCbUO-HAgCb59J0f55TeXanjLcfF1N2tqmsj0Id5Jt0CEiGzfTy6MklSqu34v5dFjvgPRujQPgHOUvzS02VzrvdD17o2xeEwCin88nPp0a08aTDSO1mGf8UdDz_fe1StE6mvDi7OgYdTa-qcvQhrmRBnjr-dRD-TKYVIch90PwtH6UMzSpzA3gJ93s0mFc1cDIYUmajbiAeXNd0Yi35l3iheri0_cmWaypJ-xX1gb3gUxDQCJZG-dUhcLOty5COGJ7AoJxWcjhHcIy_Q6CBTioyeuaDbdGMn5zS_tj12kD1VugG3gfyBT4L-Txe4KgT4uD9Xj5Eed3PfBxuGCOFf5MkucwEf1nItaRO_OgysQ_-404DK0X4TERY5a9dZk1obu91kFn5J8tYKa_XL_sb1hJpCju1TeEclKqV8lUDAg9GzRX7OkPhUFTdhXtED7MoIMas4i-TIjEIuNL5UJDBriaPUc665K65k-sGoBfDmMXxWaMADFhGrjBCih_KeE1FrqW_BTmZjwjW1-hBiJ5=w1796-h1010-no

Mt. St. Helens

SaF7qknlrwMXiVMqigdUjIPz_l24fTJjL71bFFYSrPwCcdh_T5mL6cPqmlAk7lqk1ufyLvwUFw6xQqnnzXK0AmbZC6p0RUnvYxrKduTJ9ZKFI8sKSuVFM4LmXcU9kKSW0vX1bFj5qdup6goOSTxODRTqA0wKYPKJFUnbkhb56zWr-y2tKXULoZ09LKQ_7W7KkaV1JVmtBCnJyt9VZPa4TtW5PGnT4TGK-NDZ9WQbPBVSSuQriFFKBvOFfCST1fDCXHXhjmkT95P9qmuAdVn_WzboxKR5q0tP4vEjif9jW3Ghjz-b1qfT4GmCZz-Wucgx4fQlHx5QGZgUi1M-PYEUaKSNmEI-KtnUZqYudCOlA-N5BUmLDRFhBEeIXnDL5YWMMJyTFycT-02JhGx5UfZ9Ge_BwwxSkSEgiHIrNqDGY27dyNSBrcUTIsRLstRMrErSorav69N_Zpy-xaTFvZfLbkwpgABdTD_yMtJtTy5iNXXOd_tl6PyswEpZtLv3dZ_MhhW5oWxfbvcRSs-JUhzljme_4MsQWF0cZXxTogmIS3JgZLle73JuZfk9v7zMw7t6jTspwxJ1NTmWZvL89UOsakpGMjHJwBndqqKT3lkw5dKjzZ6DnzZdSrkwqbktSKtx6unU8yKhEmBep5uO0saVyN-VaurttVKUMEnvfqJOErCg-4bfwLfAN05wpGPA8j84BXXlbBA_BP5snAXZHFwRAc87OViVFKHyXjGe4tvRTZMmq-nKbC42SnzN=w1796-h1010-no

Painted Hills

HDj-MLOa82kFCsSMkRLKpv5flcVp5hOe6TA-CYF5pBEioi1nUcSKfMoodDdCC111DlYZMVqcH5alP8Y784tOW85Jrf1UmqZISCLTfixrNpOpTiurl-QqkQRd4-Qw3pdrrPf0Ot37lXTL_R9V2UMQT8Sv-1D4c24e77nHuTp6YwnkUhONQJmWAhDGYxX5UZBw3iryuIop0fSVohdNfFR33ivsT11PlB4TzD2nnJYXuaLf1WgMoAb8kz0uUWhx-qAUPmCaEt89P5Vd25Ru6iN0pZvoiGI23eCWO6emIIz7sXBYUltoieobwfAnAZrZMyHAK9EW5d5W_oUf2dlvKuZu-y-aSbgR_Wn4QY5RzB-UUNoX9spJtWClfTgzEoaH6YCMoy1Yf4teNM_IMulk0QeNPEvj5eRM2ofHnSnR7_MluHyBWj2INJJy8QacagGeFGt19s7ibBFpojfDff6AHoJmXLLvSSAl4jkMKDPKRer1HmPcKhMelF91kOX8S4grQ5xQiy4vh3Uj2bph_59XqExMhofq1sVcUgXrexp90_Qm7oKURJ9x2cvMHWlh7HONQpAKS6xm-MmALDwOC1hKly4ShciuuprOksoOV0qajZsXuvDBJnEPwjHjoXtGUQyUBvInfIDkN89SdZvQCYGKjU0wn_5WHoi7URz7oEMoVocATGo4juf80U-SU0cenFaJ5nWUBo-JZc0--zRMMg6ULd37IkSIO4Wa_-vemsQDgZfdZrjgm5Fd22tCtNoO=w1796-h1010-no

Crater Lake

Just a little advanced hype for 2021!  :D

Chris

Too bad is so much an understatement, but the decision had to be made.  Just cancelled my hotel.

Tom, thank you for planning, organizing and publicizing this national meet; it would have been one for the books. 
Cecil

ER numbers are down because people seem to have overreacted to the stay at home order. Heart attacks and strokes and other serious illnesses aren't coming in anymore. Respiratory illnesses are all it is now. Total volume in the ED is down. I can't even get a vascular guy to see his pt that his NP left sutures in (cut off the knots of several sutures and left thread inside).

My opinions: I can tell you first hand what I've seen from a field hospital in Miami that we were over-prepared, and there were less cases than projected. I'm also seeing the numbers. Since we only test the critically ill the death toll is artificially inflated...a lot. The news has sold news and the advertisers sold advertisement. Monkey see monkey do: Some cities are shutting down just because others are too, not because they drew their own conclusions.

Key medical things I have learned on the front line that is proven and documented, not my opinion: Motrin is not contraindicated in cov-2 viral pneumonia (Source: CDC/ACEP). Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work and actually increases the mortality of ICU pt's from 11% to 27% (Source: ACEP). Inexperienced Resp therapists who crank up the PEEP do more barotrauma and increase mortality. 92% sat on RA can go home (Souce: ACEP). Over 6L or 50% FiO2 doesn't need to be tubed (Souce: The new common practice. Every one of my colleagues would agree in the case of cov-19, but a year ago would not have and still may not for other conditions). I don't need a test that comes back in 2wks to decide what to do w my pt (source: Common practice and a no brainer to those who practice) the public doesn't get it; The news will have the common man believing he needs a test. But how does a positive test result that comes back in 2 weeks shape my treatment plan?

If MI's aren't going to the ER just wait cause CHFers are abound! Wonder how many truck drivers are driving >14h/d for Hammermill while TP hogs gloat in their kill at Wally-World....

Final opinion which includes my practice, epidemiology and economics: We need to reopen the economy ASAP to stop the financial bleeding. We need to wear face masks til an effective vaccine is developed. We flattened the curve of contagion and the healthcare system is now underutilized. News reporters need to be fined for using inflammatory language that incites fear. Words such as "Terrible, worst, threatening etc" need to carry fines due to the paranoia they incite. Much like a terrorist attack inflammatory language jolts the public w fear and is self fulfilling as it feeds the viewer with compulsion to keep watching and stop functinoing. After a terrorist attack the greatest damage is the freezing of activity due to public panic.