• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Arizona Ride to Eat - this Saturday May 18

Charby

Saturday May 11th meet at Long Valley Cafe at Clint's Well, AZ at noon. Clint's Well is approx 40 miles north of Payson on Hwy 87. Anyone wants to meet along the way I'll be leaving Tucson at 7am to Globe. Leave Globe at 930am to Payson. Leave Payson at 11am to Clint's Well.

Rode through there today after riding Devils Highway. 😁

Maybe hit up the RTE and spend the night in Prescott that weekend.

Sparkie said:
Sounds like a good idea.  Haven't seen you in awhile.  Mark
Hey Mark! Hows that feej? Good to C U are still here. Keep an eye on Charby for me.  :) :beerchug:

Charby said:
Saturday May 11th meet at Long Valley Cafe at Clint's Well, AZ at noon. Clint's Well is approx 40 miles north of Payson on Hwy 87. Anyone wants to meet along the way I'll be leaving Tucson at 7am to Globe. Leave Globe at 930am to Payson. Leave Payson at 11am to Clint's Well.

Dan,  Looks like the Long Valley Café has shut down!
The woman who had been running it took over the Happy Jack Lodge Restaurant same menu as Long Valley Café but twice the seating area. About three miles further up on FH3.

Scott 

Dan, The weather has taken another turn for the worse here in Flagstaff. Its been quite the winter and spring is not much better so far. The forecast for sat. is more rain and low 50's for the high.  Not sure how you feel about riding up to that kind of weather for the day. Mark  :mad:

Postponing Saturday's ride to Happy Jack. 60-70% chance of rain. Hopefully Saturday 5/18 will be better. I will keep you posted.

Gscott said:
Charby said:

The woman who had been running it took over the Happy Jack Lodge Restaurant same menu as Long Valley Café but twice the seating area. About three miles further up on FH3.

Scott

Thanks Scott. I'll check on it. They remodeled the one by the gas station so I'll give them a call. As you can see from post I'm postponing it due to weather.

Sparkie said:
Dan, The weather has taken another turn for the worse here in Flagstaff. Its been quite the winter and spring is not much better so far. The forecast for sat. is more rain and low 50's for the high.  Not sure how you feel about riding up to that kind of weather for the day. Mark  :mad:

Thanks Mark. 10 day shows clear for next week so hopefully we can go on the 18th.

Dan I got the information off of Happy Jack Lodge on Google Maps. Also a friend was up there two weeks ago and said it looked empty.

Scott

Great ride, Awesome riders, OMC endorsed, Order the french dip to add confusion.  :beerchug:

Gscott said:
Charby said:

Scott

Scott, I called the gas station and the restaurant is still open. They are closed on Mondays and had shut down for awhile to remodel but are now open.