• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Arkansas Fall 2015 Ride VIDEO

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
This is a work in progress and the first segment is now rendering and should be done soon. I will add all the additional segments in HD.

This was captured on Friday, and was the part of the ride between Jasper to and including the Pig Trail AR 23.

https://vimeo.com/148753358

I was behind a brave guy who got back on the horse and rode in Arkansas. He is a little tentative on the LH curves and I understand!

In 2009 Pamela and I hit a deer in AR, so we know the feeling and many thanks to Randy who is a true blue kind spirit who helps fellow riders.

Craig

Thanks, Craig. I'm not only tentative on LH curves, but RH curves now, too. I never want to repeat what I did in Arkansas last year. I don't need to ride super fast on curves to enjoy my bike. I am very thankful for God's protection in the crash last year that totaled my bike. I was able to walk after the crash. It could've been a lot worse going through that barbed wire fence at 60 MPH. I've been on four major COG events this year: Big Bend, Wildflower, Cortez and AR with no mishaps and have put 7,300 miles on my new bike so far. I'm very thankful for that and still love riding as much as I always have.

Many thanks to Scott for his speedy C14 ambulance service to the ER in Mountain Home and to Randy for getting me back to Dallas in the comfort of his truck!

Nice video Craig, there's entirely to many curves & to much traffic in that for me. I'll stick to the 4 lanes  :rotflmao:.

Cliff  :beerchug:

kv5e said:
This is a work in progress and the first segment is now rendering and should be done soon. I will add all the additional segments in HD.

This was captured on Friday, and was the part of the ride between Jasper to and including the Pig Trail AR 23.

https://vimeo.com/148753358

I was behind a brave guy who got back on the horse and rode in Arkansas. He is a little tentative on the LH curves and I understand!

In 2009 Pamela and I hit a deer in AR, so we know the feeling and many thanks to Randy who is a true blue kind spirit who helps fellow riders.

Craig

COOL! Watching it now.  Where is the camera mounted on this video?

I'm looking to do some recording on my Wyoming ride.

I've had many sub-sammiches at that place over the years where you started. :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great:

Howdy, camera is mounted on the front fairing right below the windscreen in the middle. Next year I am adding a second camera on the back mounting plate looking to the rear.

I will add more segments this week.

Craig

kv5e said:
Howdy, camera is mounted on the front fairing right below the windscreen in the middle. Next year I am adding a second camera on the back mounting plate looking to the rear.

I will add more segments this week.

Craig

How is it secured?

go-pro-grab-bag-of-mounts-300.jpg

I use the adhesive mount that has a little curvature. The secret is to clean the fairing with anhydrous isopropanol (91% from the drug store) before you bond it.

There is a little vibration of the fairing piece that you can hear at times, but that just adds character.

Craig

kv5e said:
go-pro-grab-bag-of-mounts-300.jpg

I use the adhesive mount that has a little curvature. The secret is to clean the fairing with anhydrous isopropanol (91% from the drug store) before you bond it.

There is a little vibration of the fairing piece that you can hear at times, but that just adds character.

Craig

I've used these mounts before on a bike in the Ozarks.  But never hanging off the front.  ;D

zbbFPXz.jpg

Battery life of 3+ BLACK is pretty poor with the WiFi enabled. I usually just start and let it run until battery expiry. At 1080P, the GoPro chunks the video into 17+ minute segments of about 3.8 GB of MP4.

I use a 64GB MicroSD card and take extra batteries in the tank bag as will as a 22000 mAh USB charger if I want to collect lots of video.

The fun is rendering it, Power Director 14 will post to Vimeo direct from the application. I took all of this video (20 GB) from Arkansas and rendered it to a Blu Ray disc, it takes about 41 minutes, but I have a computer that I built just to render video and also work as a DAW.

The Blu Ray looks a lot better than the Vimeo feed and I have 5.1 Dolby sound on the disc.

Craig

I use Sony Vegas Pro 11 for video editing.

The problem with gopro cameras are the batteries.  When I do it again I'm using a powered enclosure.  I'm not swapping batteries every 3-4 hours again live I've done on previous trips.