• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Arkansas Fall Ride

Stopped by the Lake Norfork liquor store just north of the triangle in Salesville and let them know that there will be a bit of a run on good beer. They are going to get extra inventory. I picked up some yummy Octoberfest from 3 Blind Mice.

Up the road in Salesville at the Army Core park. Looks like a free campsite. Office is closed Tuesday and Wednesday and no envelopes. And the bath house is air conditioned. Yeehaw. Had shrimpies for supper. Yum

Robert and I will be there Thursday afternoon. I won't say keep the campfire warm. You probably don't even need a match to start one as hot as it is. See you soon.

Hey Nicole, who do you work for? Tell 'em we're gonna boycott 'em fer not lettin' you join us! You will be missed.

Camping fee is pretty stiff, and no COG discount. Apparently they don't give any discounts.  >:D

Love the bath house. Water pressure in shower is awesome, very hot water available. Only two lockable sections, each with shower, toilet, sink, chairs.

Compared to National Forest showers/toilets, heaven.

Glad to hear the ASSembly has started!!!  :campfire:

I am  in St. Louis this morning on business (last minute emergency) and am flying back this afternoon.

Pamela and I are leaving at 0700 tomorrow morning with a nice twisty route up to Mountain View.

See all of you tomorrow afternoon.

Craig

kv5e said:
Glad to hear the ASSembly has started!!!  :campfire:

I am  in St. Louis this morning on business (last minute emergency) and am flying back this afternoon.

Pamela and I are leaving at 0700 tomorrow morning with a nice twisty route up to Mountain View.

See all of you tomorrow afternoon.

Craig
Hey Craig, please send me your route if you have time.

Well, it looks like I will be stopping by in my 'as of lately' typical LD fashion. Ripping from PCB to Shawnee Oklahoma and then to Mountain View for a Saturday round the fire overnighter. My schedule has gone a bit weird to say the least.

Probably be there mid-afternoon-ish Saturday if I take the scenic route from Ok.

Cheers,
Randy

handyman said:
Well, it looks like I will be stopping by in my 'as of lately' typical LD fashion. Ripping from PCB to Shawnee Oklahoma and then to Mountain View for a Saturday round the fire overnighter. My schedule has gone a bit weird to say the least.

Probably be there mid-afternoon-ish Saturday if I take the scenic route from Ok.

Cheers,
Randy
Wow, if any more of you southeast guys show up, we're gonna have to rename this thing. Thanks for joining us!

handyman said:

Cheers,
Randy

You know OK is a little out the way from PCB don't you? There must be a stamp involved knowing you  :nananana:.

See ya there!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
handyman said:

Cheers,
Randy

You know OK is a little out the way from PCB don't you? There must be a stamp involved knowing you  :nananana:.

See ya there!

What?? It's not? No wonder It takes me so long to just get to Alabama!

Surprisingly no stamps! Well, none as the primary objective.  ;)  Actually, I'm popping in on my nephew's wedding before rolling east to tilt a couple with my favorite wandering souls.

Cheers,
Randy

Well another fly just dropped. Due to some unforeseen circumstances I will not be coming the rest of the way down 😣 was looking forward to some arky ridin. Oh well will try again. Seems to be the way my summer has been. Have fun folks be safe.

Well I have a bike now.  I have completed my checks and it might get me there and back.  With some people backing out there may be a room.  Then I checked the weather.  I think I will pass. :)  Hope you all get a great Friday and Saturday ride in.  I just do not want to come home 600 miles in the rain.
Be good, or be bad better!

smithr1 said:
Well I have a bike now.  I have completed my checks and it might get me there and back.  With some people backing out there may be a room.  Then I checked the weather.  I think I will pass. :)  Hope you all get a great Friday and Saturday ride in.  I just do not want to come home 600 miles in the rain.
Be good, or be bad better!

There is no rain in the forecast Bob. It'll be warm but no rain. If there was I wouldn't be going 80 miles up the road to camp in it & for roads I can ride anytime.

So come on up & let's see that new scoot!

Headed out to load my bike & head that way.

Well I know you understand this Cliff. :)  I have no money.
I am using weather as an excuse but as I said only Sunday looked rough from there to home.  I have to be at work Monday :(

I am going to swing down after dropping the kids off at school should be at Jack's around 08:30 at the latest.
Hopefully there will be some people around still to go ride with.

tattoo13 said:
I am going to swing down after dropping the kids off at school should be at Jack's around 08:30 at the latest.
Hopefully there will be some people around still to go ride with.
Jason, it was great to meet you and ride with you. Have a great week.

Hey everyone, thanks for a great time in R-Kansas. Thanks for leading us around some of your favorite roads, Cliff! Thanks for organizing the event, Butch, and cooking the burgers and hot dogs!

I went through a little bit of rain east of Dallas, but it wasn't bad. I got home just fine.

Had a good time there! Thanks to the cooks for the yummy hamburgers!

And for giving me the condiments to take on my travels! Those will be much appreciated.

Definitely coming next year!

I thought I posted my reply yesterday but I guess not.  This rally was my first COG event and I had a great time.  It was wonderful making new friends and hanging out around the fire in the evenings.  Of courses the awesome roads don't need anything said about them.  Thanks to Marty for letting us tag along on Saturday and to Paul for the great ride home.  A special thanks to Butch for putting this together.  Can't wait for my next COG event.  Even riding 20 miles to the beer store was a hoot.

Cheers,

Good times.  Thanks to all who made it such a great weekend. 
Da Turkey will return.  Given I survive fall and spring Turkey season.

Not So Wild Turkey said:
Good times.  Thanks to all who made it such a great weekend. 
Da Turkey will return.  Given I survive fall and spring Turkey season.

Pamela and I had a great time and toasted my PR4s!!!!!!

I'll put up some photos and video this weekend.

BIG BEND is just around the corner.

Craig