• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Arkansas in May

Dan Forker

I am scheduled to take eight riders and myself to Eureka Springs, Arkansas in mid-May this year to spend 5 days riding the curves in West Arkansas. Arkansas does not have a "stay at home order" in place. Missouri and Oklahoma do. We will have to pass briefly through both states. What do you think about going forward with the ride. We do not share motel rooms and can avoid eating out by getting take out food. Kansas Highway Patrol has now established a practice of stopping out of County tags just to inform riders that they should not be out and about. Even so, I'm inclined to go ahead. What do the rest of you devoted riders think?

Fork

Ride baby, ride....!!  Hopefully (knocking on some wood) this will be over may 1st. 

Let me know how it was, im going out there in late july... branson area for 4 days then down to the hot springs area for another 4...

The Horseshoe Mountain Rally was just cancelled because of group restrictions in Arkansas.
Might want to contact Cliff to get details on state restrictions.

If your ride doesn't happen, we've tentatively scheduled another Arkansas Rally in October. {hint hint}

Ride safe, Ted

You shouldn't have any problems as far as your group goes. Just can't have gatherings larger than 10. All non essential businesses are closed though, if you have a problem on the road it may hard to get what you need. I'm 2 1/2 hours south of Eureka if you should need help & Fred Harmon is just west in Mountain Home.

konehead said:
Let me know how it was, im going out there in late july... branson area for 4 days then down to the hot springs area for another 4...

I'm 1 1/2 north of Hot Springs & 3 south of Branson, feel free to look me up while here. However, I would avoid those 2 places like the plague unless you like crowded overrated touristy stuff. I would rather give up riding & be poked in the eye with a sharp stick as to go there, especially Branson. Well the giving up riding part may be exaggerated.  Then some around here go several times a year.

connie_rider said:
If your ride doesn't happen, we've tentatively scheduled another Arkansas Rally in October. {hint hint}

Ride safe, Ted

There WILL be one October 23 - 25th. Horseshoe Mountain Fall Fling co hosted by Ted & Jim!  :motonoises:

There WILL be one October 23 - 25th. Horseshoe Mountain Fall Fling co hosted by Ted & Jim!  :motonoises:

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:59:00 pm by Just Cliff  »

Fantastic news  I will be unemployed and riding everywhere. Where better to ride than Arkansas  :beerchug:

I usually ride the Arkansas roads at least twice per year. In the spring I take 6 to 8 with me. In the fall I treat myself to a ride without responsibility for others and either go by myself or with just one other who is a good friend and our riding styles are similar, balls to the wall. Eating is optional and stop for fuel only. I read yesterday that all motels are supposed to be closed to out of state residents so I will check with the motel we have reserved when we get closer to the date.

Fork

Be smart, be safe use common sense, that's all. It doesn't stop me in a "stay at home" state. The roads are empty and I stay away from people.

Tundra said:
Be smart, be safe use common sense, that's all. It doesn't stop me in a "stay at home" state. The roads are empty and I stay away from people.

Same here. My wife and I rode 225 miles today; she on her bike and me on mine; we tried to stay at least 6 feet apart  :)

Gorgeous day to ride in north AL and south TN ... this Easter weekend.

+2... put on 220 miles with the rebuilt cognosticator and friends yesterday in s.e.georgia .  Perfect weather/temps and near empty roads...