• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Arkansas Ride in September / October

Mike12

Bicycle
I am from NC and rode out to Colorado last year and stopped in on a friend that had moved to Kansas City. We are planning to do some riding in September or October and thought about the Ozarks so I am ask what you think the best rides would be for a 4-5 day stay with no particular order as when we split I will head back to NC and he to Kansas. We have no agenda and will rest our head where we tire.

Open for suggestions or websites

Mike

Taz said:
I am from NC and rode out to Colorado last year and stopped in on a friend that had moved to Kansas City. We are planning to do some riding in September or October and thought about the Ozarks so I am ask what you think the best rides would be for a 4-5 day stay with no particular order as when we split I will head back to NC and he to Kansas. We have no agenda and will rest our head where we tire.

Open for suggestions or websites

Mike

Honestly I am not trying to be sarcastic, but if you stay north of I-40, east of I-540, west of Hwy 67, you really can't make a wrong turn.  There are some decent roads outside of that area, but within that area, there are no bad roads as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for that link. I have not been to Push Mountain Road and have only had small bits of 16. Aw darn, guess I'll have to make another trip to AR. (not that much good stuff here in KC.)

I think on the COG  home web page is still a link to the 2012 national rally.  On the site is still all the ride routes from the rally.  I had NO complaints on any of the roads.  There are No Bad Roads. 

At all costs, avoid September 18 – September 21

Bikes Blues and BBQ Rally..Traffic sucks during that Rally..Unless you dont mind it.

Rasmith said:
At all costs, avoid September 18 – September 21

Bikes Blues and BBQ Rally..Traffic sucks during that Rally..Unless you dont mind it.

I think it is set for 18-21 tenitivly but we will be a LONG way from Fayettville.  Not that we would not see some bikes from that rally but no problem I would think.

I live in Branson MO, 15 miles from Arkansas. Feel free to contact me when its closer to time. I know all of the Ozarks highways and can send you on the right path and/or ride with.

Yes...........17th through 20th of October and has been in the calendar for SC for months.

Thanks Fred....five seconds earlier and I would have been first.

Craig

LOL... i tend to think in the opposite direction....see a thread, then I figure it'll go on the calendar.  Thanks guys.

Hey! There's a guy in Branson...that would be a good ride from Bentonville! As to a ride, I think ya gotta ride Pig Trail up to Eureka Springs and stay at the Crescent Hotel...I just don't think it gets better than that...HOWEVER, Jack's Resort is really, really nice and in the same general area. Do them both!

For those on a budget in Eureka Springs, try Riders Rest. Bikes only, 12 nice rooms, great hosts. Almost vacant during the week. I am planning a couple of days there to base camp before and after Jacks to make it another one of my 2 week Arkansas explorations.  See y'all at Jacks  ;D