• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

AST passenger peg lowering brackets not gonna work

strum

I picked these up from a member and they installed fine but I can see right away my wife will melt her heel on the pipe.
Its a Two Bros titanium and I dont care to find out what it will look like with rubber burns on it. Anyone else find this issue?
I dont see a fix . Cant move the can so I took em off.

I put the driver brackets on from AST and had to dremel out a gap in the heat shield on the stock muffler for clearance. That killed my idea to  get an  aftermarket muffler.  I hope you find work around. :(

ron203 said:
I put the driver brackets on from AST and had to dremel out a gap in the heat shield on the stock muffler for clearance. That killed my idea to  get an  aftermarket muffler.  I hope you find work around. :(

Yeah I already did the checking  those too. I cant see them working with the Two Bros pipe.
The passenger pegs brackets fit  work but my wife would always have to be conscious about not letting her heel touch .
Itll never happen she will ultimately melt the heel.

My wife hates the passenger footpegs, so I'm trying to figure out which spline adapters will let me mount small floorboards horizontally without tilting away from the bike. Good luck.

ron203 said:
My wife hates the passenger footpegs, so I'm trying to figure out which spline adapters will let me mount small floorboards horizontally without tilting away from the bike. Good luck.

If you really want a nice setup for your wife/passenger, this parts' set will work. Let me know if you want to see pics from my bike:
*  Kuryakyn Spear Mini Boards black (no adapters) - P/N 5653
*  Kuryakyn Splined Peg Adapters for Kawasaki - P/N 8813
*  Projekt D, Kawasaki Concours 14 Passenger Footpeg Lowering Brackets - P/N 115-01
*  + two (2) thick nylon washer to keep the floorboard from rattling

Use the AST lowering brackets with Buell passenger pegs. I took both rider and passenger pegs off my XB12XT.

Attachments

• rearpegs.jpg
    rearpegs.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 116
Used Project D lowering brackets with C-10 passenger pegs, full area P exhaust. Had to move muffler back 1 to 2 inches mid pipe plenty long could have moved another 2 inches if necessary.

Gscott said:
Used Project D lowering brackets with C-10 passenger pegs, full area P exhaust. Had to move muffler back 1 to 2 inches mid pipe plenty long could have moved another 2 inches if necessary.

you know I didn't try moving the muffler . not sure how much of the mid pipe is in it . Itll have to go 3 inches to clear . il may give it a check .

Edit: nope cant move the muffler at all .

Road Runner said:
ron203 said:

If you really want a nice setup for your wife/passenger, this parts' set will work. Let me know if you want to see pics from my bike:
*  Projekt D, Kawasaki Concours 14 Passenger Footpeg Lowering Brackets - P/N 115-01

OUTSTANDING!! Thank you. How about PM me a picture if you have time. (Don't mean to hijack Stan's thread). :great:

ron203 said:
Road Runner said:
ron203 said:

OUTSTANDING!! Thank you. How about PM me a picture if you have time. (Don't mean to hijack Stan's thread). :great:

I have 3 pics for you, but do not know how to attach them to a PM. I see an attach img button, but it does not prompt me for the image file.

Here's the passenger floorboard setup I did for my wife. As the saying goes, "Happy wife, Happy life!"  Note, I listed the parts below, in this thread ...

Attachments

• Test1.JPG
    Test1.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Test2.JPG
    Test2.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Test3.JPG
    Test3.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 113
I was "hijack reading" this thread with hopes the pics would show up.
Thanks for the pics and part no's David!!!
We just returned from a week in N. E. Ga Mountains and my wife wants to ride again. I'm sure the cooler weather has much to do with it. Riding season is in full bloom for us in the Florida heat. Useable pegs will add to her enjoyment.

Tundra said:
I was "hijack reading" this thread with hopes the pics would show up.
Thanks for the pics and part no's David!!!
We just returned from a week in N. E. Ga Mountains and my wife wants to ride again. I'm sure the cooler weather has much to do with it. Riding season is in full bloom for us in the Florida heat. Useable pegs will add to her enjoyment.

Your welcome Tundra and Ron203, ... thanks MtnRider!

So I looked at a few different slip on videos and I can see some of them will alow these to works. an area P or CS1  or even the factory had enough clearance. The Two Bros needed a longer mid pipe. I think Im gonna sell the two bros.