• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Athens Ohio, Windy 9 Memorial Day Weekend

gsjay

My local club is going to Athens for the Memorial Day weekend. Staying at the Ohio University Inn & Conference Center. I was able to get a GREAT group rate of $89 + Tax.
www.ouinn.com

Athens Ohio Hotel | Ohio University Inn & Conference Center

Book a stay at our Athens, Ohio, hotel and see why we top the lists of places to stay in Athens.
www.ouinn.com
www.ouinn.com
We'd welcome any Coggers who would like to join us.
PM and I can send you the online link to book a room.
jason
cog 32

Spent weekends since 2007 going down there. Rode almost every road in those parts till I got the girlfriend to marry me and move to Indiana. Love her but sure miss the roads she grew up on. That gurl rode my socks off as she had grown up on those backroads and had years of cars and bikes down there before we met. I may look at my weekend and join ya. Where are you located and when you planning on getting there.?

Most of us are coming from Johnstown, Pa..................
Some are arriving Friday, some Saturday.
Hope you can join us.
jason

I called the motel yesterday to check on our room block. 11 rooms have been taken!
Sound like we'll have a nice turnout.
More rooms avaliable if you'd like to join in the fun.
jason

Looking forward to this one. Heading over Friday at noon. Be in by 5. Riding Sat and Sun Home on Mon. Anyone figured out what roads they really want to ride? Lots of great roads over there.

Downloadable GPX files https://www.windy9.com/9-routes or tankbag maps.

Our block of rooms has expired but if anyone else wants to go I can still get you the discounted rate. Rack rate now if $159!
jason

So, it being a holiday weekend, are we looking at arriving Thursday or Friday, departing Monday or Sunday?

Strawboss, I am coming in Friday late in the afternoon. Others also arriving Friday, some Saturday. All leaving Monday to the best of my knowledge.
I think we'll have a big group at the Motel. 13 or 14 rooms booked.
Look forward to seeing you. Challenge coin packed! Bring LOTS OF CASH!
jason

Heading over tomorrow. Happy to be back, going to have to go uptown and find all my favorite bartenders, Cat's Eye, Broneys and along COurt Street. Athens is a little slice of heaven I miss dearly. Will have to stick my head in the Basketball offices and say hey. My son set the 3 point record down at Ohio. Will have to see how many of his records are still standing. My wife is a native down there so she will spend the weekend visiting friends while I refamiliarize myself with the SEO roads.