• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Attention California/Arizona/Colorado and all SouthWest Concours riders

Fred H.

COG is in need of a new Area Director for the South West area. We need someone in the club to step up and volunteer to take over this position. It has been vacant for too long. If you are disappointed about the level of activity and number or rides in the Southwest area, this is your opportunity to do something about it. If you don't want to do it yourself, but know someone who you think would make a good AD, then you can nominate them. And if you would like to get involved but don't want to be the Area Director, you can volunteer to be an Assistant Area Director (AAD) and we always need more AAD's.

The Area Director is responsible for working with his AAD's to coordinate activities in their area, and he/she will also be one of the seven voting members on the COG board and will have influence on the overall direction and activities of the club as a whole.

Some of the best riding in the US is located in the Southwest area. California, Colorado, and Arizona all have some of the best riding roads in the US. We need to get more rides and activities going in these areas. Several folks have complained about the lack of a COG National Rally in California. Here is your chance to do something about that.  Please consider volunteering to help COG fill this important role.

All COG officers/directors must be a COG member in good standing, and all COG Executive Officers must keep current AMA membership.

If you have any questions, you can contact the COG Executive Director (Ken Ford) about this position at:
exec-dir@cog-online.org

Have we found an Area Director yet? I have no interest in that position but would be willing to support him or her in any way. :motonoises:

I don't normally look in the Southwest section, so it took me a while to see this question.  Yes, there is a new Southwest Area Director.  His name is Will Barr, and if this info hasn't already gone out and I'm the last to find out, he can be reached by e-mailing swad@cog-online.org  I've spent some time talking with him via Skype, and I think the Southwest folks are going to like the new guy. :Woot_Emoticon:

Good News! Congratulations to Will Barr. I thought we were all alone out here. Ill would be happy to help and support his administration.

Thanks, Charlie, I heard right before Christmas via email, and was a little surprised that it hadn't been announce here yet.  It's good to be represented again!