• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

AudioVox Cruise Control Parts

gbyoung2

100, or so years ago I picked up one of the Audiovox cruise control kits from JC Whimpy to install on my ’95 Concours. This is the same kit that Murph eventually began selling through his “store.” At the time, I elected to use the tach drive input to the servo, rather than the magnetic pick-up via the magnet attached to the rear wheel and a separate pick-up coil. This has worked great for years; no complaints what-so-ever.

Fast forward to a year or so ago – I found that one of my bike’s coils had developed a crack right down through its body. While it still continued to run okay, I knew it was just a matter of time before water made its way inside and potentially left me sitting along the side of the road. Enter the COP scheme.

I figured out how to arrange the wiring for four (4) of those critters to match the bike’s igniter because of their internal resistance, but before I had a chance to start working up a harness, a friend of mine sent me a complete set when his bike was destroyed by a tree coming down on his storage shed – bike inside.

Once installed, they worked great right out of the gate – with one exception: my cruise no longer worked. I mentioned it here and a couple of folks said they had the same issue. Others offered suggestions to try and resolve the issue, but none of those worked. I eventually found a set of OEM coils on eBay at a reasonable price, bit the bullet, swapped out the COP scheme and went back to the stock set up. Of course, the cruise began working again.

I’d kinda like to go back to the COP scheme if I can find one of the magnetic pick up coils to mount. So, if anyone happens to have one laying around that they didn’t use, I’d be most interested in taking if off your hands.

I sent a note to Murph, and will also post this in the Classified section where it really belongs. Figured it might get greater exposure here.

Please PM me if you can help.

Thank you.