• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Autocom Power - Where to tie in on the C10?

ghabel

Just got an Autocom Active Plus. What have you guys tapped into to get the power to the unit? One idea they recommend was the power going to the brake lights. I'm considering taping into the rear brake wire on the right side next to the battery box. One thing that has me thinking twice is the brake-light modulator - it causes a fluctuation in voltage - hoping the Autcom can compensate for that. I've used up most of my storage up top so I'm thinking of mounting the Autocom unit to the battery box right side. Any suggestions? Greg COG # 7010/7010a (Tracey) CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude (CDAAD) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle". 05 Ninja 250

Where do you plan on putting the intercom unit? Do you want the unit to power on with the key? Do you want the unit to power on with a separate switch? Do you want the unit on all the time? There are always on ACC power leads under the seat and under the left glove box. You can get noise in the audio if you pick up a noisy power source. -- Steve Smith, #3184 COG Northest Area Director (somewhere in south central CT) If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

I have a switched fuse panel (available from Murphskits.com) and power from that goes to an RF filter under the seat which powers both mu Autocom and my Mixit. This somewhat minimizes RF Noise in the systrem but if I'm running all the lights and heat I can tell my 600 watt alternator is ramping up. In other words the more amperage the alternator is putting out, the more noticable the alternator whine in the audio. It's never really objectionable though.

I mounted my Starcom1 Advance to the top of the fender with velcro right behind the tool tray under the seat and tied it to the accessory leads there. I routed one of those plastic cable tubes, with the slit down the length of it, from there and under the tank up to the steering column and then routed my wires through that. I have my Push-to-talk button, audio lead, and FRS radio lead routed through it. I've never had a problem with RF noise there with my 2005.

If understood the Autocom manual correctly - the unit is only powered when the rider headset is plugged in. If that is the case I should be able to attach to the Accessory wires on the bike without any worry of battery drain correct? Greg COG # 7010/7010a (Tracey) CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude (CDAAD) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle". 05 Ninja 250

My Autocomm is powered from a 2 prong trailer plug from a driving light hot lead under the left inner fairing pocket, which is relayed from the ignition key. This way I know its off when the key is off, and don't have to worry about it. Wasn't worried about the extra draw on the circuit or through the j-box as these use very little power. I keep mine in my quasi-wired tank bag as the system goes back and forth between 2 bikes.

+1 on Murph's auxilliary fuse block. It's dang handy and answers that question of 'where do I get power?' every time. '06 C10 Brett Hatfield AMA# 1019197 COG# 8229 (CDA# 0267) <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/brett0769/2793453582/" title="Trip