• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Automotive radiato hose

gr8scott

On replacing the water pump seals, I decided I should be replacing the three lower hose pieces; one short and tight radius 90 elbow and two short straight pieces. My buddy looked up the prices from Big K and I want to say the three of them approached $80. So we took the pipes and hoses to O'Reilly and the clerk let us peruse the preformed hose stock he had. We found a piece with the right ID, a tight radius 90, and enough straight to cut out the three pieces we needed. Only cost $27. Boom. Thought I'd share. Unfortunately, I never thought to ask what car this was supposed to be for.

On replacing the water pump seals, I decided I should be replacing the three lower hose pieces; one short and tight radius 90 elbow and two short straight pieces. My buddy looked up the prices from Big K and I want to say the three of them approached $80. So we took the pipes and hoses to O'Reilly and the clerk let us peruse the preformed hose stock he had. We found a piece with the right ID, a tight radius 90, and enough straight to cut out the three pieces we needed. Only cost $27. Boom. Thought I'd share. Unfortunately, I never thought to ask what car this was supposed to be for.
Unfortunately, I never thought to ask what car this was supposed to be for...

Too bad , this would have been a great add to the common parts list . If you still have the piece with the tag on it that info could be found .