• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Auxillary lighting options

onpman4402

Hey guys I am trying to decide on what style driving lights to add to my C14 and where to mount them. I like the lower mount on the front wheel due greater lighting on the sides of the road but i imagine they are susceptible to road damage from rocks etc. What do you guys prefer and what are the pros and cons?

I run 2 sets, 1 mounted on my canyon cages, the other from the bottom of my mirrors using pod pucks. A cogger makes them and sells via ebay. Do a search here for auxiliary light mount by peter l.

I use led lights from superbright led.com

Attachments

• IMG-20200711-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20200711-WA0005.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 153
I opted not to add Aux lights as I'd prolly break them off and found an easier option.
ie; Install LED lights on the bike.
Brighter/wider/uses less amps/less $$/so EZ that {even Konehead Bud ONO Harry} could do it.

Ride safe, Ted

I have used Denali DMs for several years without fail and are very happy with them. They serve as conspicuity lights along with switchbacks that light up the front and rear turn indicators, white in front and red in back. The DMs are mounted on the fender mounting bolts. So far, no damage from debris or rocks, but I am sure that is just pure dumb luck.

Save travels!

Gilbysan - aka Fat Ninja

Attachments

• 20190527_193937.jpg
    20190527_193937.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 146
I run Denali D2's mounted to the fender/fork. I keep them on high and aimed down and slightly outward. With the slightly downward they do not blind oncoming vehicles, and keep me seen. With the slightly outward aim they tend to illuminate into the corner better than the headlights do because they turn with the steering.

I did have a rock break one of my D2's off of it's mount and that caused damage to my radiator. That said, I have 100K miles with this set up and one negative rock issue.