• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back after 30 years

Oilman

Hi all,

I bought a 2011 C14 in Jan after 30 years away from riding - family, kids, always other priorities. But now I'm back and I love this bike! Glad to be a part of the community.

Welcome back...where do u call home...? So u can catch up on all the fun cog things that are happening near you.

Hi all,

I bought a 2011 C14 in Jan after 30 years away from riding - family, kids, always other priorities. But now I'm back and I love this bike! Glad to be a part of the community.
Welcome back - glad to have you. How do you like the upgrade from the c10?

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Actually, my first and only other bike was a yamaha Vision 550. Im on another planet with this bike !

Let me see if I have this right. A small naked bike (Yamaha Vision 550). Then you take 30 years off. Then a C14 right off the bat. That is quite the long jump. God bless you. Be careful and welcome aboard. My brother in law rode a 550 Vision back in the mid 80's. For all I know, it may still be in his barn.

Louisville Ky.
Welcome! I'm not far from you in Tell City, IN. My parents lived a few blocks off of Dixie highway in Shively until 2016. Once you get comfortable with your 14, you should come ride our county roads. Lots of curves and in great shape.

Im on another planet with this bike !
You most certainly are.

Now… become a full member to gain access to all the extra benefits / tech documents etc. and then put your mind at ease, and your wallet in our hands - we are here to help you farkle that machine to the contentment you deserve.

Farkle: Fancy Accessory, Really Kool, Likely Expensive….

Farkle should not be implied as useless bling, all of our machine’s farkles serve a purpose - here’s a good sample: windshield; electrified/ switched GPS mount; rear Penske suspension, GIVI top box; Full AreaP exhaust; Ivan’s Performance ECU tuning; Healtech Quickshifter; AirHawk air cushion seats; Beamtech LED headlights; Kaoko throttle lock.

Within this group you’ll find some with many times the farkles and again all purposeful - do join up, see you around and enjoy the new to you machine!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

welcome aboard. Uhmmm, I would not say the jump in your bike tech/size is anywhere as big as the chasm the last 30 years has made in piss poor, distracted, unskilled, uncaring drivers. That is going to be a big learning curve...how to stay out of their way, it is like a real life and death video game in some areas.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
welcome aboard. Uhmmm, I would not say the jump in your bike tech/size is anywhere as big as the chasm the last 30 years has made in piss poor, distracted, unskilled, uncaring drivers. That is going to be a big learning curve...how to stay out of there way, it is like a real life and death video game in some areas.

Enjoy!
+1,000

A great point!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

welcome aboard. Uhmmm, I would not say the jump in your bike tech/size is anywhere as big as the chasm the last 30 years has made in piss poor, distracted, unskilled, uncaring drivers. That is going to be a big learning curve...how to stay out of there way, it is like a real life and death video game in some areas.

Enjoy!
Coming home from Louisville years ago, one of those drivers just about took me out on the Sherman Minton bridge.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I remember back in 1990 , graduating college and dreaming about getting a C10 one Day. When the time came that I could get a bike again, this year, I evlauated the FJR and the ST. Also liked the BMW K series . But for the styling, and bang for the buck I had no choice but the Concours.

I will be joining officially soon. I have been on a couple forums, but this one seems to be the biggest. Look forward to farkling the bike, already have TPX radar and laser detectors with laser jammer, switchback lights, heated corbin and Two Brothers M2.

Welcome to the group JW. Your gonna like it here.
Most of the members (even 2&b) are good folks.
Come ride with us!

2&b; I like your explanation of Farkles!
But, (being me) I had to tweak it a little...

Farkle:::: Fancy Accessory, Really Kool, Likely Expensive….

Ride safe, Ted

Welcome to the group JW. Your gonna like it here.
Most of the members (even 2&b) are good folks.
Come ride with us!

2&b; I like your explanation of Farkles!
But, (being me) I had to tweak it a little...

Farkle:::: Fancy Accessory, Really Kool, Likely Expensive….

Ride safe, Ted
Ted, Really Kool in RED??? oh brother, you’re killing me!!

@jwstarkel3099 Ted is under the impression red is the fastest color C14. I am glad you were not hypnotized by this when you purchased your 2011.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I had an 09 Candy diamond Red first for a few months, but sold it and bought my 2011 cause I got a screaming deal on it . I do think my 09 was quicker!

Actually, my first and only other bike was a yamaha Vision 550. Im on another planet with this bike !
I had an 09 Candy diamond Red first for a few months, but sold it and bought my 2011 cause I got a screaming deal on it . I do think my 09 was quicker!

Sounds the 2011 maybe needs a little love.

How many miles and when was last valve check? You can definitely lose some compression on an out of adjustment engine.

Also was the 2009 flashed and how about the 2011?

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Neither flashed, 33500 miles. I do plan on a flash. Not that i need to go faster, but i sure do like to. Not sure about valve check from previous owner, i doubt its been done .

Flash will definitely smooth the machine’s drive ability. PM if you’d like some personal experience on a flash and machine setup.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I had a Vision 550 for a couple of years. Bike was ahead of its time, I completely customized the rat one I had originally bought for my wife's first bike. It had been stored laying on its side for about 14 years, and sadly that had damaged internal bearings like the main crank, and once I started riding it like it was meant for, it seized the mains at about 30 MPH...that was fun. At least I have the memory of the look on the face of the guy on a brand new R1 when I stuffed it up the inside on him in a tight left hander and left him in the dust. Get on your Connie and ride!!

I bought the 83 Vision new off the showroom floor in 85 for $1500! Ran it for 5 years. Loved it . Little did I know what kind of power would evolve over the last 30 years. Couldn't be happier with my C 14

And this engine responds very well to tuning.
  • Stock exhaust with Flash - tremendous improvement in smoothness and some extra power.
  • Full Header, Exhaust & Flash - transforming, smoothness and significant power increase especially above 5,500 RPM.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Well, I thought had my dream bike when I upgraded from a 09 to an 11 C14, Until I went around a sharp corner on brand new tires a lttle too fast and slid out. Bike ran great but the cost yo repair the cosmetics totaled it . Fortunately I got a great settlement and found my new dream bike, a 2013 with 13k miles! But t has stock exhaust and my old one had a two brothers. Looking to get a new slip on asap.

Well, I finally know what “farkle” stands for..

Been wondering about that since I joined COG 5 years ago 😳😳😳 🤣🤣