• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back in the Saddle

croach1776

Tonto
Previous member. Due to Health/Medical and work issues was unable to ride much last three years. However; recently retired and fit again have returned 2005 Connie to mechanical health. In process of installing plastic and will get back on the road. During last maintenance had valves and carbs adjusted and cleaned. New throttle cables installed. Manual cam chain tension adjuster installed, etc. Previous items lowered with center kickstand cut and rewelded. Will install rear luggage rack and backrest and fairing extenders and fender extender. Of course its raining in Texas for next week but will have time to get her ride ready. Glad to be back. Have a safe day

Welcome back. How old are your tires. Unless they are fairly new, you may want to replace them for piece of mind. But it's great to get back in the saddle after time away. :)

Welcome back! I remember seeing your posts when you were active. Glad you're back!

Its a raquet to get in, and if you don't its your own fault. If you stay within bounds you are served royally and net a lot of love.

Wow! How did you get into that?
I use to coach tennis at JH and HS. Really didnt play - but I was only coach that had a half semester as college elective but once I started coaching it really liked it. Its an equal passion to riding now. I play USTA tournaments and recreational matches. Its a great sport for any age and any level. Gets you in shape and you meet some great people same as COG.

Reactions: Bud
HS doubles player here - long time ago. I played a Jack Cramer Wilson wood racquet which might help you date when that was.

The Wilson T2000 metal frames were just coming out toward the end of my 'career'. Compared to today's equipment they look more like the squash racquets of the day.

The Wilson T2000 metal frames were just coming out toward the end of my 'career'. Compared to today's equipment they look more like the squash racquets of the day.
Racquets and strings have really changed the game. Like golf clubs and balls. I hear golf is going back to a slower ball. Tennis might head in that direction but maybe should have ball for pro events and one for recreational players.