• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back to the Shack, Pine River MN August 10-12

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
August 10-12 It's the annual ride up to the serene land on Horseshoe Lake near Pine River. Explore the roads that wind around the lakes and Jack pines of the north, returning to the shack for some R&R, grillin' and chillin' and b.s.in' around the bonfire. Take in the complimentary north woods ambience of fresh air, loons, beavers, eagles, bullfrogs and other wildlife. If not a camper lodging can be found in town. There will be a couple of spare tents and air mattresses on hand to help lighten your load. Whatever motorcycle you ride, dual sport, adventure tourer or road bike, there are plenty of trails and roads to explore. The Shack is near the central part of the TMAT route (Trans Minnesota Adventure Tour) and plenty of state land with trails and old logging roads for the adventurist.

More details will be posted as they developed.

For exact location of the shack contact Randy Schafer rides1zg@aol.com

Haven’t made this for a few years due to the CADV Rally.
I plan on making it this year. Always a great time!

The shack grounds are looking in great shape for a COG camp out, 84 has fresh asphalt to enjoy as an added bonus. I have found the best roads in the area that also take in some of the larger than life roadside attractions, have a seat on the hand of Paul Bunyan or wander into the mouth of a Nothern Pike for a taste of authentic Americana.
Jeff and Tom are reportedly bringing their adventure bikes with Tom trailering his bringing up cooler, coffee maker and other glamping gear. I may leave my dual sport up there to get in some trail time.
Let me know if a lunch meet up will work on the way up Friday.

I think lunch on Friday will work for me and my possible partner.

Please folks if you are attending sign up or at least contact Randy. We would like to possibly pick up some supplies on the way up.

Last year we did lunch at Chico’s Place on 169 south of Onamia, if there are any better places that would work out let it be known.

How about lunch at Chico’s at 12:30, it’s between Milaca and Onamia on 169 on the east side, can’t miss it.

Ill be there, but not until Friday night. I have an all class high school reunion Friday at Noon.

Slight change of plans. I have a conflict for Friday night, so I'll be at the Shack early Saturday afternoon. Save a ten spot for me.

Stronie might come with.

Brian (Beer Brian) and I will be hauling ADV cycles up Friday. He is preparing pulled Pork sandwiches for Friday night dinner!  :beerchug:

Only 7 people signed up..    Who else is coming?  The weather is gonna be great for this. 

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=252412&mo=8&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D08%2D08%27%7D

So what’s it going to be, FJR or XLR? Yeah, looks like a perfect summer extended weekend on tap. Porcupines, another critter you might see, one strolled by me Sunday early evening with zero fuqs to give.
Blackberries are in season, do some adving, stop for a nosh on the trail. Canoe, kayak and swimming raft available, single bed loft and extra camping gear also available.

An added bonus, Perseids meteor showers visible Saturday night. Visiting city dwellers are amazed at the night sky up in the north woods where memories are made.

likesbikes said:
So what’s it going to be, FJR or XLR? Yeah, looks like a perfect summer extended weekend on tap. Porcupines, another critter you might see, one strolled by me Sunday early evening with zero fuqs to give.
Blackberries are in season, do some adving, stop for a nosh on the trail. Canoe, kayak and swimming raft available, single bed loft and extra camping gear also available.

It will be the FJR. The XLR had a bit of a smoking issue and won't be done until early next week, so I won't be hanging out with the cool kids like I wanted.  I hope to make for lunch at Chico's.