• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back to the Shack Pine River MN August 7-9

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
It's the annual ride up to the serene land on Horseshoe Lake near Pine River. Explore the roads that wind around the lakes and Jack pines of the north, returning to the shack for some R&R, grillin' and chillin' and b.s.in' around the bonfire. Take in the complimentary north woods ambiance of fresh air, loons, beavers, eagles, bullfrogs and other wildlife. If not a camper lodging can be found in town. There will be a couple of spare tents and air mattresses on hand to help lighten your load. Whatever motorcycle you ride, dual sport, adventure tourer or road bike, there are plenty of trails and roads to explore. The Shack is near the central part of the TMAT route (Trans Minnesota Adventure Tour) and plenty of state land with trails and old logging roads for the adventurist.

More details will be posted as they developed.

For exact location of the shack contact Randy Schafer rides1zg@aol.com

Summer is burning up quickly and August is coming soon, Back To The Shack is a great opportunity to savor the short Minnesota ridding season. There’s plenty of space for social distancing, the lake is warm with a canoe and kayak available for angling. We will grill up something good to eat. I have a good road ride planned. Put it on your calendar and make it so.

Attachments

• 1816D51D-609A-40DF-B7A6-B7DA027B480D.jpeg
    1816D51D-609A-40DF-B7A6-B7DA027B480D.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 131
    Gary H. will be there. Just arrived home after 6 days riding and 1100 miles to Door Peninsula. 
  Randy,  any interest on meeting at Chico's Friday for lunch? Time?

Let’s do a lunch meet up at Chico’s Place on 169 south of Onamia at 12:30 If you can make it, see you there.

I will be up late afternoon. I will not make the lunch at Chico's.
If there is a idea for supper, let me know what to bring.
Looking forward to some nice camping/riding.

All right Kim! Do you remember how to find the place? For dinner Friday I was thinking of picking up a couple rotisserie chickens, baked potatoes, vegetables and snacks.

Randy,
10-4, sounds good. I might bring a big can of beans, because I know how Tom likes to re-enact that scene from Blazing Saddles.
If I remember right I take 84 out of Pine River, right onto CR 43, your driveway will be on the left hand side about 1.5 miles on Cr 43? Might not be exact, but should get me close.

Looks like this shaping up to be a party...  :)

I will passing on lunch at Chico's, but should be at the shack by mid afternoon.

Kim, if you have room bring your Kelty tarp. Looks like we may have some rain Friday night into morning.

Randy, thanks for hosting..................again. I made it up a little late Friday, but my mission was complete.
I rode 1100 miles in a little over 48 hours.  Not a Ironbutt by any means, but yes a "Tiredbutt". I need to get a Russell Day Long seat.

Oh, and thanks for the COG "brotherly love" photo!! :rotflmao: