• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back to work, with new flashes!

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
FINALLY my move is complete. i've moved into my new home / shop. I am back up and running flashing ECU's. I have also just released 2 new flashes, Mountain Runner Premium and THE HAMMER. Both built with premium fuel so I could really exploit the power aspect. I will also be keeping Mountain Runner for those who don't want to be tied to premium fuel.  I'm attaching a couple dyno charts, but please visit my site Shoodaben Engineering for more info.

Here you go  - more power than anyone has seen from a stock bike with just a slip on.

The first will be a comparison of Mountain Runner to Mountain runner Premium;

The second will be a 6 run compilation to show that the power isn't a fluke, it's repeatable.

BTW, notice the amount of torque available at 3300 rpm on the second chart. THAT'S a roll on you can feel! ;) 

Steve

Attachments

• MRMRPcomparo1.png
    MRMRPcomparo1.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Concours 6runs2.png
    Concours 6runs2.png
    91 KB · Views: 228
First; Congratulations on completing your move!
Second; I've been waiting for this announcement.
              Yahooooo!!
              I'll be in touch.

Question; Any word from your testers on how the MRP feel's on the road compared to the Mountain Runner?

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Question; Any word from your testers on how the MRP feel's on the road compared to the Mountain Runner?

Ride safe, Ted

Yes, there's been a number of posts and discussions on facebook . Everyone who has gotten it has been floored with the power, and comments range from getting tickets to running faster out of curves than ever before, 165+ mph runs, stuff like that. Mountain Runner already had the smoothness, but the Premium  or Hammer are a new level of power. Steve

bowtie39 said:
Are you taking carbs yet?

No, i still need to set up the innards of the shop. And to be honest, I need to relax some. This has been the most labor and mentally intensive 3 years of my life, now I need to "get my mind right".  :motonoises: :motonoises: Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
FINALLY my move is complete. i've moved into my new home / shop. I am back up and running flashing ECU's. I have also just released 2 new flashes, Mountain Runner Premium and THE HAMMER. Both built with premium fuel so I could really exploit the power aspect. I will also be keeping Mountain Runner for those who don't want to be tied to premium fuel.  I'm attaching a couple dyno charts, but please visit my site Shoodaben Engineering for more info.

Here you go  - more power than anyone has seen from a stock bike with just a slip on.

The first will be a comparison of Mountain Runner to Mountain runner Premium;

The second will be a 6 run compilation to show that the power isn't a fluke, it's repeatable.

BTW, notice the amount of torque available at 3300 rpm on the second chart. THAT'S a roll on you can feel! ;) 

Steve

:great: Heading to your Website shortly ...

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Yes, there's been a number of posts and discussions on facebook . Everyone who has gotten it has been floored with the power, and comments range from getting tickets to running faster out of curves than ever before, 165+ mph runs, stuff like that. Mountain Runner already had the smoothness, but the Premium  or Hammer are a new level of power. Steve

facebook?, really?

I thought it was only filled with mere sub mortals, and Ney-sayers......    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I wouldn't offer it up, to F/B'rs, and hold back, be exclusive, pick and choose who you will give the honors of running the "new" stuff to...  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

But I would tell ya to give Dodge Boy a free flash... and see what happens..

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
as for me... well... I just have to have it... so expect a package shortly....

because.... well, because I MUST... and I have a Pure Heart.... and can lift the Hammer......

IMG_A19F4B6FF306_1.0.jpeg

I must have... THE HAMMER......

MAN OF BLUES said:
Steve in Sunny Fla said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted
If

Did you retire from Facebook already?

facebook?, really?

I thought it was only filled with mere sub mortals, and Ney-sayers......    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I wouldn't offer it up, to F/B'rs, and hold back, be exclusive, pick and choose who you will give the honors of running the "new" stuff to...  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

But I would tell ya to give Dodge Boy a free flash... and see what happens..

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
as for me... well... I just have to have it... so expect a package shortly....

because.... well, because I MUST... and I have a Pure Heart.... and can lift the Hammer......

IMG_A19F4B6FF306_1.0.jpeg

I must have... THE HAMMER......

;) This is as close as I've come to actually wanting anything other than one of the original decel beta deals!! Still tickled to death with it but this....  This is different!  :)) Soooo  When my forks are done and I head that way, You interested in doing a couple of pulls with "The Hammer" on an Akrapovic mid and slip on??  I'm yer Huckle berry...  >:D

No Hammer in my future.
I want the Mountain Runner Premium as I LIKE the Decell Braking the MR has..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: EZ, I beat ya to it.    :sign0151:
      I "already" sent Steve a PM offering begging to do some pulls.. <sneaky grin>
        Few problems though; 1) I live in Houston. :-[
                                        2) Steve needs a rest before we all show up at his house.  :-[
                                        3) (My bike has a ZX-14 header and 2 Area P mufflers) so, unsure if the MRP will "like" the combination.  :-[
                                                {But I'm willing to give it a try}..  :motonoises:

err; I do admit that he hasn't actually replied to my crying and whining {yet},,,,  :s_bye2:

I just have to talk with Bubba.. and decide...
M/R always caught my attention, M/R/Primo still has it... but I'm thinking the HAMMAH will still offer great decell...

especially if we can surmise it will work with my "custom" exhaust/muffler...  :)) :))

Attachments

• CHOPPED MUFFLER.jpg
    CHOPPED MUFFLER.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 161
MAN OF BLUES said:
M/R always caught my attention, M/R/Primo still has it... but I'm thinking the HAMMAH will still offer great decell...

especially if we can surmise it will work with my "custom" exhaust/muffler...  :)) :))

Rich can you post a sound bite of your chopped muffler???

It's not impressive...not loud.... no real difference, just a bit of growl on WOT.. it does do away with the "wall" the exhaust slams into entering the muffler, which in effect, does reduce the restriction contained in the can, I kinda rate it like a 4x better thing than the old C10 spud bar puncture  mod to the factory duals, if you could compare them objectively (baffle-ectomy)
but the seat -o -the -butt dyno  has it at a 2% ENJOYMENT FACTOR... even as it is.
I like it, an it's all that matters to me. (it is nicer tho.) and was free... can't beat the cost/

MAN OF BLUES said:

I reckon the decel coming off of 8500 - 10k won't suck regardless!  ...if I'm readin what yer sayin!!  :))

EZ said:
;) This is as close as I've come to actually wanting anything other than one of the original decel beta deals!! Still tickled to death with it but this....  This is different!  :)) Soooo  When my forks are done and I head that way, You interested in doing a couple of pulls with "The Hammer" on an Akrapovic mid and slip on??  I'm yer Huckle berry...  >:D

We'll talk. I don't have the dyno set up yet. still a lot of work to do yet. who said moving was easy? :mad: Steve

I just added a 2015 Versys 1000 Lt to the Fleet. Any idea if/when you might give the Versys some Flashing??

P.S. Love My Mountain Runner on my 2015 C-14 with Leo Vince Slip-on

Bikejunkie1013 said:
I just added a 2015 Versys 1000 Lt to the Fleet. Any idea if/when you might give the Versys some Flashing??

P.S. Love My Mountain Runner on my 2015 C-14 with Leo Vince Slip-on

I'm finishing the versys 1000 flash right now. In fact I just bought a delkevic catless header to do a flash for that, too. Steve

Bikejunkie1013 said:
Awesome!!!!  I thought it was a slip-on...

I already dyno'ed just a slip on, the gain over the stock muffler? 0.0 HP

Now I have the header section for it and as soon as my back heals up I'm wanting to get it on the v1000 and start tuning fuel to it.

Steve, have you had a chance to work on a flash on the new Delk 4-1 for C14? Would a MR flash for the AreaP work ok? Im antsy.

HeavyRotation said:
Steve, have you had a chance to work on a flash on the new Delk 4-1 for C14? Would a MR flash for the AreaP work ok? Im antsy.

I have not worked on it. I do have a customer who is already running the delk full system with the AreaP flash w/ mountain runner secondary controls. According to him, if I changed absolutely nothing, he would be perfectly happy. Apparently it works pretty well.
Steve

Steve installed the MRP in my ECU before the National.
I have a 2006 ZX-14 header {no cat} and 2 Area P Mufflers.
Works great! I like it!!!

Ride safe, Ted

SISF - I have your Evolution flash but don't see that flash listed on your website anymore (may have missed it). Has the Evolution flash gone extinct? I am interested in your new 91 octane flashes, and wonder if the Evolution below 50% WOT is more like Mountain Runner Premium (gradual power build up) or the Hammer (full on power)?

Texas Concours14 said:
SISF - I have your Evolution flash but don't see that flash listed on your website anymore (may have missed it). Has the Evolution flash gone extinct? I am interested in your new 91 octane flashes, and wonder if the Evolution below 50% WOT is more like Mountain Runner Premium (gradual power build up) or the Hammer (full on power)?

The Evolution flash has been retired for some time now, replaced by the Mountain Runner series. My current flashes  are stronger and smoother than the Evolution flash. Off to on throttle is improved also. These are completely different flashes, but the Mountain Runner never would have been had it not been for the breakthroughs in secondary throttle control that started with the Evolution flash. BTW, upgrades to ECU's I've already flashed are 75.00, which includes shipping and insurance. Steve

Thanks for the info. Hard to believe that the Evolution flash could be made smoother (I had the Guhl flash before yours and the difference was night and day)! I will be contacting you soon about the MR flash. I have a trip scheduled for New Mexico and Colorado, and looking forward to more power and even smoother operation.

Steve, is there anything harmful with letting the bike sit for an extended period without the ECU attached? I’m going to be going out of town for three weeks next week, and was thinking about sending my ECU down to you so it’ll be here waiting when I return. Just want to make sure that wasn’t a bad idea.

Staylo said:
Steve, is there anything harmful with letting the bike sit for an extended period without the ECU attached? I’m going to be going out of town for three weeks next week, and was thinking about sending my ECU down to you so it’ll be here waiting when I return. Just want to make sure that wasn’t a bad idea.

No, it's fine. It's not like the smoke inside the ECU will go bad in that amount of time.

;)

Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Staylo said:

No, it's fine. It's not like the smoke inside the ECU will go bad in that amount of time.

;)

Steve

Oh, good.

just make sure you zip tie the connecter with the pins facing up so none of the stray coding left in the ecu wires drain out.

Staylo said:
I can feel the love.... :))

Take it with a smile. Sometimes it's tough being an analog guy in a digital world. Trust me, despite the fact that I can tune, i still use a phlip phone  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Steve

bajasam said:
just make sure you zip tie the connecter with the pins facing up so none of the stray coding left in the ecu wires drain out.

STEVE! You never told me this!!!!      :lol_hitting: :17: :rotflmao:

What, nobodies ever seen megabytes dripping out of your loose HDMI cable ?? , Sorry, I shouldnt have tried to be sarcastic with staylo's question regarding ECU removal.

Sorry, I shouldnt have tried to be sarcastic with staylo's question regarding ECU removal.

Nah, ya did good.
  Everyone knows it was intended as a fun post..

Ride safe, Ted

bajasam said:
What, nobodies ever seen megabytes dripping out of your loose HDMI cable ?? , Sorry, I shouldnt have tried to be sarcastic with staylo's question regarding ECU removal.
I took it as intended - good natured ribbing.  Hey, I was military.  If you didn't learn to take a joke inside you never will.  Got to be able to laugh at yourself, because others will from time to time!

This is similar to the way we clean fish from the Great Lakes. Nail them to a board hung head down and leave them overnight so the mercury drops to the head with the lower temperature.

:)
Another happy customer.
Just did my first run with the MRP Flash.
Excellent, all claims are TURE. I'm really amazed how a FLASH can transform the bike character.
I really like the smoothness.
And big smiles when you twist the throttle.  :motonoises:

Attachments

• TestRun.jpg
    TestRun.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 134
MtnRider said:
WHAT?!? That wasn't serious!?!?        :-\ :-\  :nananana:  :great:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

MtnRider, "Of Course" it was serious. Trust me!!  :great:

But now, we're "Not" being serious, when we said we weren't serious the first time...  :??:
      Thinkaboutit..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Love my MRP!!!
        Everyone needs to get one!!
          Even MtnRider..

WOW! Ted's buying me an MRP upgrade!  Thanks, TED!    :great: :great:

And you're lucky as I have the MR so it's just the $75.

Steve, I'll send the ECU during a snowstorm this winter, just charge Ted. You have his info.

Well played:
  Let's just say that I would owe Steve a loooong time before I'd try to beat him out of that $75.

Back to being serious.
Has anyone installed "The Hammer"?  Thought's??

Ride safe, Ted

I've got to admit,,,    Well played.
                                    But,,, "WROooong"!!

Let's just say that I would owe Steve a loooong time before I'd try to beat him out of that $75.

err; Back to being serious.
      Has anyone installed "The Hammer"? 
              I've heard of no one that has tried it? 
                    If yes: Thought's??

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I've got to admit,,,    Well played.
                                    But,,, "WROooong"!!

err; Back to being serious.
      Has anyone installed "The Hammer"? 
              I've heard of no one that has tried it? 
                    If yes: Thought's??

Ride safe, Ted

I saw someone (?) provided a review of the Hammer flash maybe a week to 10 days ago. Sorry, I forget who. I recall (of course) they were exceptionally happy with it!

To be perfectly honest, the reason I posted only 1 was lazyness………  :-[

But, since it was "you" asked, I'll be happy to assist.
                                                  :sign0103:
            Here is the other.  :great:

http://forum.cog-online.org/product-reviews-96/steve's-flash-77667/msg674985/#msg674985

NOTE: I'm now worn out from all this work.. 
          I guess it's time for my after nap, "nap".    :sleepy:

Ride safe, Ted

Oh sorry Ted didn't mean to make things that difficult, forgot you were Navy :nananana: :rotflmao:

Not a problem Marine, but to get your statement correct, you need to add Navy "retired"..  :nananana:
With a heavy emphasis on "retired"...    :sleepy:

From what they posted, the folks that have "the Hammer" seem pretty happy with it too...

Ride safe, Ted

PS: It wasn't all that difficult for a Navy guy.
        Heck, even a Marine could have figured it out eventually,, 
                      :19: