• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back with COG. Okanagan area British Columbia Canada

ss1179852

Woody in BC
Hello All.
I found this section to introduce myself to you all and look forward to chats and sharing info on Connies
My first memorable bike was a 1999 C10. Loved it. Took professional riding classes and started riding in earnest at 50 with my buddies. In 2010 I jumped ship and bought a 2006 BMW 1200 GT.
It was a fabulous bike. Unless something broke. Not the best
BMW support in the area and spent a lot of money on it the last two years.
After a serious Cancer diagnosis and over 4 years of treatment and now retirement, I am a Survivor.
During my illness thinking about riding was something that I really looked forward to. The BMW finally had a failure of the abs module. Not made any more and very costly. Still looking for the part.
Long story short. Just purchased a C14 2009, one owner, 8000 kms in amazing shape.
I sat on it and immediately felt at home. No abs. Great. Butler seat, canyon cage, risers.
Couldnā€™t be happier. Life is good.
Soon as the Covid situation sorts out a bit I made a promise to do the 101 on the west coast.
The bike is candy Red. I will reach out for info from you on the 14 for Canadian suppliers of Connie gear.
Thanks for reading this post and I look forward to meeting and possibly riding with you.

Best regards. Steve Woods
Peachland BC

First off, that's awesome that you are a "Cancer survivor." Great to hear/learn.

Congrats too on the new-to-you C14, and welcome back!!!

For sure. Upgraded to full member and already got a great deal from a Cog member in San Jose on a Tall vstream screen
It should arrive in a couple of weeks. How do I know what part of the country a member is when I get a reply? Still learning the protocol of how to reply directly rather than a public post. Not everyone puts their name and contact info out there.
Look forward to hearing from you ZXtasyšŸ˜€
Steve

Attachments

• 30CB0667-B8A7-4820-9340-CB6A0D9A2D16.jpeg
    30CB0667-B8A7-4820-9340-CB6A0D9A2D16.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 106
Welcome aboard!
We were asked to put our location in our signature line because there is no way on the forum to tell where someone is from.

Welcome. I'm about 60 miles south of the border in Okanogan County. Some good people in your area for sure.

Mark your calendar for the 3rd weekend in May. That weekend is the Bun Cooler in Kamiah, ID. If you haven't attended, it is a must do for us Northwesters. There are a number of others who attend from other areas. The most is the heard from the Southwest. Hope to see you there. Good food, good people and good roads.

Thanks Tim.
For sure Iā€™ll mark it on the calendar.
Will see how things are going regarding crossing the border and such as the date gets closer.
Will need a bit of info on where to stay and details of what I can expect
If you donā€™t mind Iā€™ll reach out to you. Or if there is a link with an overview of the weekend Iā€™d like to see it.

Thanks again.
Steve

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjNYOZhrD4hnSttVLT5yDLPm4oW5sg04z

As the time gets closer there will be a LOT of chatter in the Northwest Events child board. Some will be looking for roommates, who to call for reservations ETC. (Lewis and Clark resort in Kamiah, ID.) What banquet meal do you want, tee shirt order and of course a registration fee of some sort. Mostly paying for banquet meal and Tee shirt.

For me the best way to describe the Bun Cooler is like a family reunion. Saturday night the chairs come out of the rooms, and we sit around tell each other lies. his is suitable for girlfriends and better halves. No bun outs in the parking lot and nothing gets broken with the exception of maybe a wall plug in. (inside joke)

LO LO pass is a must do at least once. Biggest thing is to avoid is a performance award from law enforcement. I don't think this is a big as problem since a certain deputy retired. A good time is had by all.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I will be coming from Peachland and Moses lake is about 5 hrs.
Will discuss that as the day approaches. Please ovalbumin come a day early and stay in ML.
Later! Did you get my text.
Thanks

Sounds good. I will be coming from Peachland and Moses lake is about 5 hrs.
Will discuss that as the day approaches. Please ovalbumin come a day early and stay in ML.
Later! Did you get my text.
Thanks
Yes...got your digits.