• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bagger Racing...

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
I didn't know bagger racing was a thing. In these race highlights it seems the Indian out ran the cowboy.

It was a cute race, they only had to spend $100k to rebuild them to make them go around corners. Raised the engines in the frames, bespoke swing arms, everything is CF and they still weighed nearly 600#. Even after all that, they ran comparable times to a Ninja 400. Maybe next year they'll let stock C14s, FJRs, BMW Kbikes and Goldwings run too.

I kept waiting for them to stop for a beer break about 3 minutes into it.

Well, its different, that's for sure. Not different enough for me to watch it much less pay to see it even if other make bikes were in the race.

What a pitiful attempt to appeal to a specific crowd. A crowd (in general) that would want nothing to do with Moto America, the riders, and the equipment If it weren’t for this spectacle. Unfortunately it’s going to be back this year. I guess they couldn’t justify spending all that money modifying those things for only one race.

Indian!!!!!! Start spraying the Chandon..........:ROFLMAO:

I read they will be at 5 AFT events this year. Only Harleys and Indians allowed. Minimum weight about 600+ pounds

Older link - however - not a fan, but in stock trim, the Yamaha’s and Kawasaki’s might get their butt's whipped. Two-lungers tend to hook up better in dirt due to the inherent lag between power strokes. May have to put a kill switch on the competition to temporarily knock out a cylinder (or two) like they did with Roberts TZ triple back when he ran one for a couple of years….. or configure them to a big bang configuration like some of the MotoGP bikes have used on occasion for better hook-up.

Shaw – it’s only money.

I saw them at Road Atlanta. It's a spec racing class so obviously not open to any and all touring bikes. Same reason you don't have Corvettes running in spec Miata. :)

Would be interesting to add the Vaquero and Venture as those are similar. Doubt Kawasaki or Yamaha would be interested though.

I can’t help but wonder what’s in those bags? That wheelie impressed me. Wasn’t sure that was possible.