• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Baker Air Wings

Triplerock

Just received and installed up top, left stock pieces in place down below (although they have been reversed.)
Man what a difference!
After install I took a spin around my lake, and instantly felt the wind flow.
How nice to receive a product that is obviously VERY well made, with easy to follow instructions!
Highly recommend if anyone is on the fence.

:iagree: this is expensive, but when you have the product in your hand, and better yet installed and using it- you will know the $ was well spent.
Just like Eric Stoltz said to John Travolta in Pulp Fiction- "When you shoot it, you will know exactly where that extra money went."

This and the Bergmen Spin on Oil Filter are the two most impressive improvements I've made to the C10.

1400_awconcour_lg.jpg

http://bakerbuiltairwings.com/proddetail.php?prod=CONAW

Looked it up being unfamiliar with the product....

Just received and installed up top, left stock pieces in place down below (although they have been reversed.)
Man what a difference!
After install I took a spin around my lake, and instantly felt the wind flow.
How nice to receive a product that is obviously VERY well made, with easy to follow instructions!
Highly recommend if anyone is on the fence.

Can anyone tell me if there is any drilling required to install these, or are they a straight bolt-on?

I pulled a similar set off of Jeff Newman’s old 95. Sitting on the shelf till I figure out what to do with them.

Stan, I’ve probably asked this before, but inquiring minds may want to know...did you find lean already bent to shape, or bend your own, and if so, how?

I used flat stock lexan from one of the big box hardware stores. Lexan is what you want, not plexi.

I clamped the piece in a vice between two blocks of wood.

Used a heat gun to heat up along the line of the clamped area and bent it slowly once it became pliable. Had to check the angles after each bend attempt with a gauge as it would spring back a bit from its farthest location. The process worked well on the first try with no breakage.

The 2 bend wing design works really well IMO. Had a Baker set on my Voyager and they really pour the air into the rider on those hot days just like my homemade ones do now on the C10.

If someone wanted to make me an offer on the ones I have, hit me up. I’m also on the cog FB page and the market place. I’m still struggling with pics added to the new site.