• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Baraboo Hills Ride Interest on Saturday(8/7)

ZG/ZN Kim

I hate to post now, with the BIR moto-races upcoming. If you are any kind of Superbike race fan, you need to attend the Brainerd event.

But I need to ask this:

Just reaching out to see if there is an interest in the Baraboo Hills Ride on Saturday August 7. David McClurg, the normal host, has a family reunion, and has asked me(Kim) to host the ride.

The ride would be somewhat different with me as host. The ride would gather on the north side of the Wisconsin River in Merrimac Wisconsin, along Hwy 113, around 10:30 AM. We would ride through Devils Lake Park, Baraboo hills(South Range), Dane and Iowa Counties. The route would be mostly county roads and paved town roads. We would stop for a mid-afternoon lunch in the Spring Green/Dodgeville area. There is a good BBQ place in Dodgeville that just might fit the bill. Then we would split and go home.
If there is no interest, the event will be canceled.

I thank you for your input

Last edited:
Mr. Giant,
I think you misunderstood. I was looking for feedback from riders who were interested in attending this year. Not just general comments. Dave will host again next year, not like it will be going away

Sounds good Carey, I have written the route and will pre ride Friday.
I am hoping the Wojik brothers join us also

Just to reiterate. This ride will start in Merrimac, Wisconsin @ 10:30 AM. The ride route is roughly 125 miles. We will stop for lunch at Bob's Bitchin BBQ in Dodgeville, Wisconsin around 2:30-3:30 PM. We will take a couple breaks, bring some water and a snack or 2.

Last edited:
For anyone coming to Merrimac from the southwest, note that Hwy 78 is closed between Prairie du sac and Merrimac. An alternate route if you're coming from the southwest would be to take Hwy 60/188 heading east out of Prairie du sac and stay on Hwy 188, and take the Merrimac Ferry across into Merrimac.

Thanks Mark for that post about Hwy 78. I actually rode through the construction last week. It reminded me of being up in Alaska, kind of rough and muddy. I agree with going around , and using Mark's suggested detour

Last edited:
OK, looks like we will have a decent turn out. Might split into two groups.
-There is a Mobil station at the intersection of 113/78, make sure you have 100 miles of tank left when you get to Merrimac @10:30AM.
-Weather looks like we may seem some rain, but will be very spotty.
-Bottom line is this, gonna ride some curvy roads, then go to Bob's Bitchen BBQ.
- Also this is a rain or shine event!

I live in the boonies, the only 2 living souls I saw today told me to get the ribs at BOBS-BITCHIN-BBQ they are great!

Have a safe trip to Merrimac tomorrow AM.

Last edited:
There was a nice turnout for the Baraboo Hills Ride on Saturday(8/7). Had 5 hardy souls come in from Green Bay, 2 from SE Wisconsin, 1 from Deforest and myself. Weather was not perfect, but could have been much worse. There was no complaining, we just rode, then ate at Bitchin Bob's BBQ. I want to thank everyone for attending, it was a good time.

Attachments

• AUGUST 21.jpg
    AUGUST 21.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 150