• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Barber Vintage Festival anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbo

I am considering attending the Vintage Festival at Barber Motorsports Park Oct. 8 - 10 anyone else from Fl. planning to go or from anywhere for that matter? I went a couple years ago and had a really good time. I was really impressed with all the living motorcycle history, track activities like minded people etc. Should I decide to go I likely will leave my domicile in Gilchrist county in north Fl.10/6/2021. From my location it would be a long day ride to Birmingham, Al. and I would really prefer the more circuitous scenic route through the panhandle and/or Ga. rather than rush to get there.

The bad news is that all the on site camping spaces at the track are already sold out, so alternative accommodations would have to be found near the track and haven't researched availability yet. I am somewhat surprised since tickets have only been on sale for a month. I suppose with the Covid cancellation of last years event there is some pent up demand. So if anybody plans to go, give me a shout/PM me perhaps we can meetup.

There is typically a couple dozen COG members camped in lot B, several come up from FL. You can more than likely find one that will let you squat on their site or maybe someone will have a spare ticket. Kurt & Randy haul in loads of food, they also set up a full camp kitchen for the group. Everyone just pitches in for food.

Selling out in a month is pretty normal, I want be attending this year though. It's a great time at any rate. There probably is or will be a thread in the S/E event section.

I plan to come down for the day on Sat., Oct. 9, a short jaunt for me from north AL and will look-up the group when I get there.

Jonbo, as we get closer to the event, there usually are some that can't make it and will be willing to sell there spots. If that does not happen, we can fit you in some where especially if you are on a bike.

Konehead, I'm back from the trip, been busy with life and such.

I'll start a separate thread so we can get a head count for food and such. Like Cliff mentioned, we set up a camp kitchen on one spot with a fire pit on another. Randy and I will plan and bring dinner for Thursday, Friday & Saturday. The kitchen is there for all to use if you want to cook breakfast and/or lunch, just clean up after your selves. I'll have all the info in the new thread.

Lot B did go fast. I'm working for the track checking in volunteers Friday and Saturday morning and plan to stay in the lot next to B. I'll be over to see everyone all nights and stumble back next door. In early on Thursday as usual, leave on the 11th hour as usual. See you knuckleheads soon

Although not yet fully committed I am ever closer to going to The Vintage Festival in Oct. I appreciate all the input but I believe my next step is to arrange for accommodations whether it be to camp, motel or Air B&B not far from the action of the track. Since Lot B is sold out finding somewhere close by could be a challenge. So as soon as I can make sure of a base of operations I am going to pull the trigger. I have friends in the Oxford/Mumford area but that would be a long commute every day. I will endeavor to persevere and expect the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.