• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Barber Vintage Festival (Oct 7 - 10, 2021)

motocommuter

The Barber Vintage Festival is scheduled for October 7 - 10, 2021. Tickets are on sale ( http://barberracingevents.com ) . If camping, you must purchase a 3 day event ticket. We will be camping Lot B, spots are first come, first serve. The majority of us get there when the gates open on Thursday (October 7) and lay claim to our area. Lot B is sold out, but many of us purchase multiple spots, so if you are on a bike with a small tent, we should be able to fit you in and there are usually some cancellations, just post in this thread if you do not have a Lot B camping spot and are looking for one.

Randy Gardner and I will set up a camp kitchen and have dinner (Thursday, Friday & Saturday). You are welcome to cook your own breakfast and/or lunch but many of us are museum members (which provides breakfast & lunch) or eat at one of the many food vendors around the track. WE WILL HAVE COFFEE FOR EVERYONE starting at 6am!!!

We need an estimated number of attendees so we can have enough food, please post on this thread if you are camping with us and how many. We set out a donation bucket for everyone to contribute in order to cover the food for dinner and the two dedicated spots.

We will have a dedicated camp spot for the kitchen and one for the fire pit. Camp spots are 20' x 20' and Lot B is the tenting section but you can camp in whatever you want as long as it fits in the camp spot. We set up in the general area every year, after entering Lot B, go about 2/3's of the way down, turn right and go towards the back where it is flat just before the back road before a row of port-o-lets. Lot B does have shower trailers and plenty of port-o-lets.

If you have any questions, please post them up and we will answer them.

Barber (Camp & Event Ticket): http://barberracingevents.com

Attendee List (will update as people post their attendance):

Kurt B
Ralph B
Randy G
Phil I
Al N
Doug & Wendy
Mark A
Tom S
Tim C
Joanne P
Jennifer S
Mike + 2
Amber + 1
Rick D
Jack M

Last edited:
Sadly John and Jerry will not be there this year. Jerry's mom and medical issues the reason as told to me by John. I've had bad luck seeing my longtime friends for many years.
See you knuckleheads there. Suppers only for me. I'm working for the track againšŸ˜˜

The Barber Vintage Festival is scheduled for October 7 - 10, 2021. Tickets are on sale ( http://barberracingevents.com ) . If camping, you must purchase a 3 day event ticket. We will be camping Lot B, spots are first come, first serve. The majority of us get there when the gates open on Thursday (October 7) and lay claim to our area. Lot B is sold out, but many of us purchase multiple spots, so if you are on a bike with a small tent, we should be able to fit you in and there are usually some cancellations, just post in this thread if you do not have a Lot B camping spot and are looking for one.

Randy Gardner and I will set up a camp kitchen and have dinner (Thursday, Friday & Saturday). You are welcome to cook your own breakfast and/or lunch but many of us are museum members (which provides breakfast & lunch) or eat at one of the many food vendors around the track. WE WILL HAVE COFFEE FOR EVERYONE starting at 6am!!!

We need an estimated number of attendees so we can have enough food, please post on this thread if you are camping with us and how many. We set out a donation bucket for everyone to contribute in order to cover the food for dinner and the two dedicated spots.

We will have a dedicated camp spot for the kitchen and one for the fire pit. Camp spots are 20' x 20' and Lot B is the tenting section but you can camp in whatever you want as long as it fits in the camp spot. We set up in the general area every year, after entering Lot B, go about 2/3's of the way down, turn right and go towards the back where it is flat just before the back road before a row of port-o-lets. Lot B does have shower trailers and plenty of port-o-lets.

If you have any questions, please post them up and we will answer them.

Barber (Camp & Event Ticket): http://barberracingevents.com

Attendee List (will update as people post their attendance):

Kurt B
Ralph B
Randy G
Phil I
Al N
Doug & Wendy
Mark A
Tom S
Tim C
Joanne P
Jennifer S
Mike + 2
Amber + 1
Rick D
Jack M
Hey Kurt, Charolette will be coming too.

Count me (David) and Marina (wife) in for the Sat dinner. We've volunteered to help out at Gear Check station that am, and will catch up with y'all thereafter.

Current attendee list:

Kurt B
Ralph B
Randy G
Phil I
Al N
Doug & Wendy
Mark A
Tom S
Tim C +1
Joanne P
Jennifer S
Mike + 4
Amber + 1
Rick D
Jack M
Bill G
Richard P
Gary S + 1

Let me know if I missed anyone.

Dinner menu is:

Thursday: Burgers and Brats
Friday: Chicken and Pork Loin
Saturday: Beef Brisket

Also, anyone not on two wheels, if you could bring some water (bulk, not bottle), that would help out as we tend to run low. Also, if room is available, some fire wood.

Last edited:
I'll be there on Saturday, helping out as a vendor at Gear Check station from 11 am to 3 pm. Will try to catch up w/ y'all before and/or after my service time.

Decided to go for a three day ticket so I need to be there at least two days to get my money's worth. :)

Looks like there's still availability at the local motels. in 2019 I recall they were full 2 weeks ahead, even in Moody. Only a pleasant 2 hour ride so might just "commute" back and forth.

Decided to go for a three day ticket so I need to be there at least two days to get my money's worth. :)

Looks like there's still availability at the local motels. in 2019 I recall they were full 2 weeks ahead, even in Moody. Only a pleasant 2 hour ride so might just "commute" back and forth.
If you want to camp and are on a bike we can fit you in, let me know.

If you want to camp and are on a bike we can fit you in, let me know.
I've thought about it. Haven't camped for about 40 years so was going to try that as a event of it's own rather than mix in with the usual running circles at Barber (so much to see and do). Might reconsider as I did recently buy a tent and sleeping bag.

Anybody know what the condition of the grounds are like after all that rain?

From what I am told, wet and muddy. The COG contingent isn't in it's usual spot, Kurt can tell you where it is located this year. I am not there, unfortunately, but hopefully Kurt or someone will get on here and let you know. Also hope the ground will soak up the water quickly

Was the ground dry enough for everyone to drive out on Sunday?
Yes, as far as I know, all of our attendees made it out with out any issues. There were a few that got stuck earlier as they were down were it is flat and much more soft and had to be pulled out.

We camped up the hill a few spots from the road this year as it was the prudent thing to do.