• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Beat the Heat???????????

I say hell yea there will

The end of July worked great last year, now where do we want it, Ironhorse or BRMC?

Cast your vote here as to which venue you would like or suggest another location, since this is YOUR social

Last edited:
Does Cherohala Motorcycle Campground have a restaurant? Last time I was there we had to go back into Tellico Plains for supper, breakfast was coffee and Danish.

Last edited:
Phil Ilingworth offered to set it up when we were at campfire at Hohenwald but I haven’t heard anything from him since. I’ll shoot him an email unless one of would rather do it?

Also : What weekend works best for you all? We’ll be just finishing up the National rally. A few of us have been a little busy with that’s.🤣

The place we were last time had a grill and picnic seating last summer. Was that BRMC? That’s fine with me.

Thanks

I say hell yea there will

The end of July worked great last year, now where do we want it, Ironhorse or BRMC?

Cast your vote here as to which venue you would like or suggest another location, since this is YOUR social

Not Ironhorse, It's a little to high class for my low standards. :oops: Just don't much care for it.

Does BRMC have a restaurant? Last time I was there we had to go back into Tellico Plains for supper, breakfast was coffee and Danish.

Jim, old age must be setting in BRMC does serve food & we have been there the past 2 years.. Not to mention Tellico is a few hours away, long drive for breakfast. :D

Last edited:
Phil Ilingworth offered to set it up when we were at campfire at Hohenwald but I haven’t heard anything from him since. I’ll shoot him an email unless one of would rather do it?

Also : What weekend works best for you all? We’ll be just finishing up the National rally. A few of us have been a little busy with that’s.🤣

The place we were last time had a grill and picnic seating last summer. Was that BRMC? That’s fine with me.

Thanks

If Phil wants to run with it that is great, has anybody talked to Kurt to see if he was going to organize it again this year? We did it the last weekend of July last year, much later then it gets close to RWTW. BRMC is outside of Waynesville NC 6 miles from the BRP, has a bunch of cabins for the non tenters

This would be 6 weeks after the national so plenty of time to decompress

If Phil wants to run with it that is great, has anybody talked to Kurt to see if he was going to organize it again this year? We did it the last weekend of July last year, much later then it gets close to RWTW. BRMC is outside of Waynesville NC 6 miles from the BRP, has a bunch of cabins for the non tenters

This would be 6 weeks after the national so plenty of time to decompress
They inquired and I declined as I am no longer an AAD.

Not Ironhorse, It's a little to high class for my low standards. :oops: Just don't much care for it.

Jim, old age must be setting in BRMC does serve food & we have been there the past 2 years.. Not to mention Tellico is a few hours away, long drive for breakfast. :D
Yeah, I was thinking Cherohala Motorcycle Campground. Sorry.:(

Last edited:
I sent Phil an email asking if he’s still interested in the idea. Anyone can do an event who’d like to, I’ll help you set it up. This one is pretty simple. Thanks guys.

Last time I was at the CMC, we had to go into town for supper and breakfast was just coffee and Lil Debbie style danish.

Last edited:
Talked to Kurt and he's good with me setting up Beat The Heat if that's okay with everyone else. I'll shoot for July 29 to August 1 depending on what else BRMC has going on.

Just for info regarding Ironhorse. Apparently they now charge a "resort fee" for ALL lodging (including camping). Raises the camping cost to almost $40/site. This info is from a FB site (Smokey Mountain 500, a dual-sport rider's site).

If you can leave a message leave one, he will return your call. It might be the next day, but now it is the busy season probably the same day. Thas has been my experience with him.

I've created a Beat The Heat thread. There is nothing currently scheduled for July 29-August 1 so we are good to go. The only bummer is the kitchen is not going to be open this year.