• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Beat The Summer Heat 2

motocommuter

Let’s Beat The Summer Heat again, August 9-11 at Iron Horse Moto Lodge in Stecoah, NC:

http://www.cog-online.org/ClubPortal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&eventID=258248

This is a no frills social, your on your own for everything, they do sell breakfast and dinner, reservations are recommended for all accommodations except dry camping.

Since we were at the BRMC in June and will be at TWO in September, decided to go for the trifecta and have the BTH2 at Iron Horse.

Kay and I will arrive Thursday and will be in Site H which is in front of the office, 4th site back.

Hope to see ya’all there.

FYI, Iron Horse is under new owners. Bill said that the bunk house was a 3 day minimum and non refundable. When I made my electric site reservation, I do not remember being told it was non refundable but they did charge me all 3 days up front. If your dry camping, you should be fine as you should be able to just show up.

This will be a test to see how this place is under new ownership and if we want to have the BTH there next year.

This is their reservation policy, sucks if you ask me.  If within  60 days your whole stay is charged to your charge card

IRONHORSE MOTORCYCLE LODGE
General Policies

RESERVATIONS: Rooms, cabins, bunkhouse and RV sites are by reservation only and must be guaranteed with a non-refundable deposit equal to your first night’s charge for each accommodation. Stays of 5 nights or more require a non-refundable deposit equal to two night’s charges. Deposit will be charged to your credit card at the time of reservation.

Reservations must be paid in full 60 days prior to arrival, or at the time of reservation if it is within a 60-day window.

Cancellation, early departure and no-shows are non-refundable. All payments received will be forfeited.

COGnosticator said:
This is their reservation policy, sucks if you ask me.  If within  60 days your whole stay is charged to your charge card

IRONHORSE MOTORCYCLE LODGE
General Policies

RESERVATIONS: Rooms, cabins, bunkhouse and RV sites are by reservation only and must be guaranteed with a non-refundable deposit equal to your first night’s charge for each accommodation. Stays of 5 nights or more require a non-refundable deposit equal to two night’s charges. Deposit will be charged to your credit card at the time of reservation.

Reservations must be paid in full 60 days prior to arrival, or at the time of reservation if it is within a 60-day window.

Cancellation, early departure and no-shows are non-refundable. All payments received will be forfeited.
That is one of the most, if not the most, brutal cancellation policy I've ever seen.

SteveJ. said:
That is one of the most, if not the most, brutal cancellation policy I've ever seen.

My thoughts too, I will wait until the 7th, check the weather and if good will see if anything is open in bunkhouse 1 or 2, if not I will bring my tent.

60 days, screw'em  :38:

The place is still top-notch! Ranger Jim and I rented a room there last weekend while we were riding the Smokey Mountain 500. Granted, we showed up on Sunday afternoon so it wasn’t really an issue. Quality digs and the folks are real friendly. The new owner is in the process of doing a lot of upgrades. But, gotta agree, that cancellation policy is BRUTAL!  :-\

Like Kurt said, this will be a test. My son and I will be there on Thursday. I am already thinking of Cafe' Rel.

I saw on facebook they have two Conestoga wagons for rent to sleep in across the creek where they use to rent tents.  Wonder how much they go for

67340278_10157250322108614_7706572089657917440_o.jpg

I'm going to have miss this one. Going to be riding a Harley  :mad: in the UP. Will definitely be at RWTW on my trusty C14!

I checked on the wagons when I made my reservations. They are still not ready. We looked at them when they were getting two ready on our way back from BRMC. One thing you will not want to do is get frisky with your significant other with the light on inside  :)) :)) :))

Bill said:
I checked on the wagons when I made my reservations. They are still not ready. We looked at them when they were getting two ready on our way back from BRMC. One thing you will not want to do is get frisky with your significant other with the light on inside  :)) :)) :))

No horsing around?  :)) :))  (I just kill me....) :rotflmao:

Why can't I live within (at least) 200 mi. of where the action (really) is in the SE?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The 600+ mi. trek always makes me have to pause, which I hate doing when it comes to COG gatherings.

I'm working on trying to make BTH2 and the Wolf...time will tell.

Oh, just remembered, it's my 6 y.o. that's keeping me in FL (at least for now). :sign0081:   

Shawn said:
Why can't I live within (at least) 200 mi. of where the action (really) is in the SE?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The 600+ mi. trek always makes me have to pause, which I hate doing when it comes to COG gatherings.

Oh, just remembered, it's my 6 y.o. that's keeping me in FL (at least for now). :sign0081: 

Ok, I give up, "Why?" LOL.... I thought IT people could work anywhere... LinkedIn could be your Phrend...

I think I can make this one!!

Was just thinking today i need a quick camping weekend.....

Whoop!

60 day cancellation MY ARSE!!!  :lol_hitting:

Jerry, I'll bring the beer.  :beerchug:

gr

I am planning to ride in on Friday. i can't leave until noon, so i be in around 6 or 7pm. I missed the first bth rally. Glenn

Kurt -

I think I know the answer, but have to ask:

Do we get any kind of group discount on Camping/Accomodations??

I know this is a small gathering, but we're becoming regulars at this place, and it IS a nice place.

$25 for a dry camp site is a little pricey, but the facilities ARE nice.

thanks,
gr

ghostrider990 said:
Kurt -

I think I know the answer, but have to ask:

Do we get any kind of group discount on Camping/Accomodations??

I know this is a small gathering, but we're becoming regulars at this place, and it IS a nice place.

$25 for a dry camp site is a little pricey, but the facilities ARE nice.

thanks,
gr

As this was a last minute social, I did not think we would have a high attendance so did not inquire about any type of group discount.

I just booked a bed in bunkhouse #1, there were 4 available in #1 and 1 bed in #2 if anybody is wondering.  That was 2pm today

I may be up there late Thursday.  Jean wasn't supposed to be home until Thursday afternoon, but now it will probably be tomorrow  :)  If so  I just may cut out a day earlier

Since this is a last minute social, I may wait until the last minute! Actually, I’m thinking about showing up Thursday but I’ll be tenting so shouldn’t be a problem.

Eddie-FL said:
Since this is a last minute social, I may wait until the last minute! Actually, I’m thinking about showing up Thursday but I’ll be tenting so shouldn’t be a problem.

Bunkhouse is only $5 a night more and you don't have to carry all that crap  :great:

COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:

Bunkhouse is only $5 a night more and you don't have to carry all that crap  :great:
Really? Dang, better get off the pot, then!

I'll probably be skipping this one as bad as I hate to. Of the past 9 weeks I've been gone 6 of them on 3 different rides. I need to make some bill money at some point, well I meant to say beer & tire.  :) Who knows what a couple days can do to my fibble little mind though.

Shawn said:
The 600+ mi. trek always makes me have to pause, which I hate doing when it comes to COG gathering   

Even though I'm not a s/e member I know how ya feel Shawn. As I do mostly attend s/e events. I can always count on a 600 - 700 day ride to see you guys. At least I don't have to ride out of south Florida. It's usually worth it though!  :)

Maybe I should just retire so I have time to ride.  :motonoises:

Kay and I should be there after lunch tomorrow. We are in electric site H, which is the last site of four in front of the office, check the Campground map if your not sure.

See you all there.

So nobody gets worried.....I won''t be there until Saturday afternoon now.

Lets just say that I have some female distraction on friday night, that I couldn't say no to!  :nananana:

3 hour ride from Charlotte - I'll probably hit the BRP on the way in, and roll into camp around dinnertime.  You guys can only take SO much of me anyway.  :rotflmao:

gr

ghostrider990 said:
So nobody gets worried.....I won''t be there until Saturday afternoon now.

Lets just say that I have some female distraction on friday night, that I couldn't say no to!  :nananana:

3 hour ride from Charlotte - I'll probably hit the BRP on the way in, and roll into camp around dinnertime.  You guys can only take SO much of me anyway.  :rotflmao:

gr

"You guys can only take SO much of me anyway."

Ain't that the truth.  :nananana: :rotflmao:

As Clint Eastwood once said, "A man's GOT to know his limitations".  :)

Hey Jerry:

Is there still room in that bunkhouse??

Since I'm only coming for one night, it night be nice not to bring all the camping gear.

I don't snore, as far as YOU know!!  :-X

gr

ghostrider990 said:
As Clint Eastwood once said, "A man's GOT to know his limitations".  :)

Hey Jerry:

Is there still room in that bunkhouse??

Since I'm only coming for one night, it night be nice not to bring all the camping gear.

I don't snore, as far as YOU know!!  :-X

gr

You better call and find out.  I will be there this afternoon. I am 120 miles out at 12:00

Needless to say, I'm not gonna make BTH2, sorry Kurt.  It crept up on me too soon after the 3k+ mi. to the Nat. and back (I don't have an 'iron butt'  :D).

Really looking forward to seeing everyone at RWTW 25!  :campfire:

Met some of the folks for lunch today near Deal's Gap. It was a NICE day to be in the mountains. 66 degrees at 8:30 am when I crossed into NC. Had to turn the grip heaters on -- in AUGUST! But then, it was 91, when I rolled back into my driveway at 5:15 pm.  Made the pool feel good!

Couldn't stay because tomorrow is my mother's 92nd birthday party! Y'all have fun.

ron203 said:
Met some of the folks for lunch today near Deal's Gap. It was a NICE day to be in the mountains. 66 degrees at 8:30 am when I crossed into NC. Had to turn the grip heaters on -- in AUGUST! But then, it was 91, when I rolled back into my driveway at 5:15 pm.  Made the pool feel good!

Couldn't stay because tomorrow is my mother's 92nd birthday party! Y'all have fun.

Ron, did you not see what I posted earlier?!?  You just rubbin it in now?!?  :lol_hitting:  :nananana:

Tell your mom I said Happy Birthday. :)  WOW, 92?  She obviously has a good son somewhere. :nananana:

ron203 said:

Congrats on your Mom's 92nd B-day!!! My Dad turns the same age Oct of this year; how 'bout that?!

Good times!!

Kay, Kona and I made it home about 115pm. Nice turn out for a short notice Social.

See ya all at the The Wolf.

Tim and I rode the Cherohala on a beautiful day. Good thing we got out early as the heat around lunchtime was intense (95).
Home safely and now doing yard work!

Only 320 miles for me to get home  Got here around 1:30 and it was hot as hell at that time in Savannah 

Great 4 day weekend and got in some great riding in beautiful weather.  1,040 miles total for me  :beerchug:

I made back to Murfreesboro around 1:30pm., had a good ride and museum visit at Cherokee NC. it was nice to see everyone who made it.

glenn 12 said:
I made back to Murfreesboro around 1:30pm., had a good ride and museum visit at Cherokee NC. it was nice to see everyone who made it.

It was good to see you Glenn, like the KZ 900, you did a great job restoring it 😎

I took the scenic route home, and took my time, but that doesn't mean i went SLOW.  :beerchug:

Good to see everyone that made it -- faces are all starting to look familiar to me now.

Thanks to Kurt for "hosting and organizing" -- thank your wife for us too Kurt!
Iron Horse continues to be a great place to stay, and getting better.

Not gonna make the Wolf this year, and I'm sad.  :-[

Be well you goons.

nate

Attachments

• IMG_6046.JPG
    IMG_6046.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 111