• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Beat The Summer Heat Social July 31 - August 02, 2020

In

This is  a great venue for those who have not been there. A restaurant on site and some great riding in any direction.  BRP is about 8 miles away.  It is truly a beat the heat location

The dates for this event works out perfectly for me. It will be 13 weeks after my knee replacement and I'll be ready to go.  :motonoises: The following Monday will be the day that I return to work.  :mad: I may have to postpone that by a day. Looking forward to it.

BRMC has started taking reservations for this years riding season.  Actually started yesterday. Make my reservation for Thursday Friday and Saturday night.
Oh and just an FYI that same weekend they also have a I think he said a BMW get together going on.

I may actually be able to make this one... it's about 8 hours from Hampton Roads area of VA.  Anyone looking to share a cabin?  Still need to check with the wife...not sure she'd be up for camping or an 8 hour motorcycle ride...

Ken said:
BRMC has started taking reservations for this years riding season.  Actually started yesterday. Make my reservation for Thursday Friday and Saturday night.
Oh and just an FYI that same weekend they also have a I think he said a BMW get together going on.

Thanks for the update, didn’t know about the BMW event. So if you are wanting a cabin, you better make your reservations as early as possible.

It is the Moto Guzzi boys not the BMW but I just made my reservation for Thursday through Sunday  :great:

Back operation on March 10th, so I should be well healed and ready to ride long before then  :great:

COGnosticator said:
It is the Moto Guzzi boys not the BMW but I just made my reservation for Thursday through Sunday  :great:

Back operation on March 10th, so I should be well healed and ready to ride long before then  :great:
You done with the personal overhaul Jerry, or is this like bikes? ;D  Hope you're doing well old man! :nananana:

Bud said:
COGnosticator said:

You done with the personal overhaul Jerry, or is this like bikes? ;D  Hope you're doing well old man! :nananana:

LOL  Thanks Bud, back surgery went well, gotta get my neck from hurting from surgery 16 months ago.  It hasn't stopped me from riding though  :great:

Is there anything else going on that weekend too. I was wanting to see if by chance a cabin is available and I’ve called up there 4 times, either nobody answers the phone, got the answering machine once and left a call back number, another time got a guy on a cell phone who was at Lowe’s and didn’t have time to talk to me and said he’d call me back, hadn’t heard from him either.

Tinsailor said:
Is there anything else going on that weekend too. I was wanting to see if by chance a cabin is available and I’ve called up there 4 times, either nobody answers the phone, got the answering machine once and left a call back number, another time got a guy on a cell phone who was at Lowe’s and didn’t have time to talk to me and said he’d call me back, hadn’t heard from him either.

Tim, I know it takes a day for Jay to get back but this sounds crazy.  He did call me back a day later and again 3 days and said he could not remember if he had called me.

I will try and call him today, just to see, since it is a Friday and he should be there for sure.

I have a guest coming with me is why I need a cabin and it may be too late. Y’all know of anywhere else around there to find a room?

Ok never mind, I just talked to Jay and got one. There’s still some cabins left if anyone is interested.

I was out and about by 276 and stopped by. Decent looking place and you guys should have a blast.
I’ll be stopping by after work on if the nights to say hey. Over in Hendersonville so it’s not too bad of a putt.

This Social is still on. We encourage everyone to follow the North Carolina guidelines regarding Covid-19:

https://www.nc.gov/covid-19/staying-ahead-curve

The NC Phase 2 restrictions are in place until July 17. Please use the above link to verify any extension of the Phase 2 restrictions.

If you are not feeling well, have a fever, currently have Covid-19 or are an at risk person, we would appreciate it if you stayed home and not attend.

As we are camping, this is an out door Social, so most will be camped an adequate distance from each other and we should have plenty of room to social distance. Please bring hand sanitizer and/or masks, but if you forget, will have some on-site for your use.

We will check with BMC a week before the event for any updates they may have on the NC Covid-19 situation in NC and their area.

To that, I'd add if you've been in close proximity to ANYONE with Covid 19 symptoms in the last half of July, good luck, but please come and visit another time. 

Plan to arrive late Friday afternoon. Looks like I'm bringing an oversized tent with me this time. My two-seater finally gave up by breaking the wrong part. New tent on order but not arriving in time...
With the chance of rain, having the extra space may prove helpful.

Is there a specific time/date most will be there?
Planning on riding over after work on Friday as I get out @1:30. :motonoises:
If not, may stop by Saturday morning

crag antler said:
Is there a specific time/date most will be there?
Planning on riding over after work on Friday as I get out @1:30. :motonoises:
If not, may stop by Saturday morning

Doug, everyone is arriving anywhere from Wednesday to Saturday. We will be on our Goldwing camping in our blue  Aspen Classic camper and arriving Wednesday. We should have a COG banner by our campsite. Many will be in cabins and the rest in tents. No formal activities as this is a social.

Made it home after miles of curvy roads across North Georgia. Bonus was a friend staffs a brewery in Calhoun. Cold ones at the end of a long day were muchly appreciated.

Great social, this time I cut through the dragon and it was early and no traffic to worry about. So I beat the heat all the way home.

Had a good yet short visit Friday. Great to meet and talk with you guys. Definitely going to have to put this on the calendar for a stay over.
Can’t remember who recommended it but signed up for the Bike Safe course in Columbus NC in August.
Thanks for the hospitality  :great: :great: :great:

It was good seeing everyone, and some new guys. This place is very cool. The sound of the brook was nice to sleep to. Asheville is a cool city. Fun times all the way around.

Nice ride through the Blue Ridge towns and forests, but it got hot down on 441. Great to see everyone.

Glad everyone had a good time, Kay, Kona and I had a great time. Good riding, good food, good friends = Good Times!!