• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Best helmet lock?

Number of options out there jerry. Guessing in doesn't fit it ur saddlebag, and I'll assume u don't have a trunk/top case.

U could go with cable lock routed through passenger grab handles.

AST makes a lock kit for mounting under the rear shelf. I personally went that route using tamper proof hardware.

Many folks will remind u that bad folks can a will cut the D ring strap and take it. And a cable lock isn't theft proof either. When there's a will, theres a way.

Situational awareness. I myself have never (knocking on wood) had anything taken from my bike and I've left my jacket and gloves on the saddle. I never leave my helmet on the seat. Had one get blown off, with a loud clunk and a nasty scratch on the faceshield...

Number of options out there jerry. Guessing in doesn't fit it ur saddlebag, and I'll assume u don't have a trunk/top case.

AST makes a lock kit for mounting under the rear shelf. I personally went that route using tamper proof hardware.

Many folks will remind u that bad folks can a will cut the D ring strap and take it. And a cable lock isn't theft proof either. When there's a will, theres a way.

Situational awareness. I myself have never (knocking on wood) had anything taken from my bike and I've left my jacket and gloves on the saddle. I never leave my helmet on the seat. Had one get blown off, with a loud clunk and a nasty scratch on the faceshield...
Thanks. I do have a rear case, but it is full of stuff that I always carry, like rain gear. When I use my saddlebags, it is because I'm traveling somewhere and the saddlebags also are full. I will check out the AST lock kit. I don't have an expensive helmet, so it is unlikely that someone would steal it. I just want something that is good enough to keep an honest person honest.

The AST locks look good. Just ordered a pair. Thanks, again.

Here's where I mounted mine, like u my trunk is full of other necessities..

Fwtw, some folks have experienced difficulty with AST. I have not, and have ordered several items from Ryan. Some also complain about the customer service, but again I have had great service quick replies to the issue I had with the rider peg lowering kit.

Attachments

• 16719253728543275347497180010358.jpg
    16719253728543275347497180010358.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 121
I used the AST kit, only problem is, it has 2 separate keys, tripling my amount of keys carried compared to my C-10.

Each lock comes with 2 keys, same key for either lock. Makes me wonder if anyone with same helmet lock system, can they unlock and take my helmet?!

Rick, send me your key and I will tell you if it works in mine. Also, it probably depends on what brand helmet you wear...:p

Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja

Rick, send me your key and I will tell you if it works in mine. Also, it probably depends on what brand helmet you wear...:p

Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja
No way dude. I'm from up that way. Have family that I go see every year. You might run across my bike and take my new helmet. Not that anyone take a Nolan helmet anyway.šŸ˜:cool:

LOL, you never know one persons Nolan is another's AGV or Shoei. My top box has a shelf I built into it for organizing small stuff and the side bags are just a bit too narrow to fit the ShoeiX14 with Sena 10C Evo on it, so depending on the weather and where I happen to park Connie I will lock it on the bike or carry it with me. Not optimal but I have learned to live with it. Anyway, I have a jacket that stays with me so what's one more thingy to identify me as a rider. Oh, messy hair, wild eyed, riding boots...