• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Best oil filter for use with Bergman Eng. spin on replacement

Triplerock

Just got the Bergman Engineering spin on oil filter replacement piece-Wow! Nicely made!
Curious if there is a preferred oil filter to use. The list that comes with it is long, and I’m not yet sure of the oil pan mod required when using longer filters.
Thanks!

The shorter ones?
I have bottomed out on the K&N filter in parking lot speed bumps. The 'nut' on the filter makes it more likely as increases overall length.
OH, the ZGRX (ZRX) forks are also 1 1/2" shorter per Bergman.

Fuzz said:
Just got the Bergman Engineering spin on oil filter replacement piece-Wow! Nicely made!
Curious if there is a preferred oil filter to use. The list that comes with it is long, and I’m not yet sure of the oil pan mod required when using longer filters.
Thanks!

being one of the "test dummies" when the SPOOFAC was intro'd, I used and still use the Purolator Pure One, long filter, used it on both of my C10's, and never had an issue, but I never modified my suspension, to lower the bike; If your bike has stock suspension, there will never be an issue of clearance.