• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

best radiator guard

fournations

Hi Guys, I noticed a nice ding in my radiator and would like to put a guard on my `15 concours. Can you recommend the best one. Also I was wondering about the fender extender. Weather that was sufficient from your experience or use both. Basically looking for the best ones of these to purchase. Jim

The guards do make a difference as you can see from the looks of mine after 200,000 + miles. I also have a fender extender which was installed at the same time. Get a long extender not one of those short ones. Project D is what I have, very easy to install & has held up well after 10 -12 years.

I'm sure one of those hits would have left a hole.

Attachments

• 20200719_113203_resized.jpg
    20200719_113203_resized.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 169
  • 20200719_112840_resized.jpg
    20200719_112840_resized.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 176
The price for these seem to have gone up in the 10 years since I bought mine. I believe I got a COX Racing one for my C14. Easy install.

BUT be aware no matter which screen you get your water temp will go up a tad bit.

I bought the Cox I think because it has two top brackets that hang the guard and only one bolt at bottom to secure it. Easy to install but I had to recurve it just a tad. Been about 5 years now.