• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Best routes for running wires

2andblue

COG Executive Director
Curious - for those that have farkled their machines electronically what was best route to run wiring? Have a small bundle of wires I need to run from the engine bay to under the seat.

If the answer is plainly obvious, admittedly I have not poked around the various harnesses that run to under the seat - possibly plenty of room to run right alongside.

Thank You in advance for any insights.

No real way thats easy to be honest. I have a customers bike all apart, and can take some pics for you

I placed a fuse block inside the tool box under the seat. The main wire to it from the battery was routed under the tank, along the right side. There is a hole in the sub-frame into the battery underneath the tank where this wire comes out of.

The other wires (2) were also routed under the tank back to the front along the right side. One goes to a plug that I placed in the top plastic piece that powers my electric heating gear and also serves to charge the battery. I have a 2017.

The other wire with a relay, powers the tank bag through the ring mounted around the gas cap.

There is plenty of room underneath the tank to do this. I found this to be the easiest way. Removing the tank was probably the hardest thing to do.

Thank You gixerhp and mgoodrich for the comments.

I did see a bit of an opening around the right-side subframe tithe battery compartment. Was hoping there was an easy way to tag along beside the primary harnesses.

Will try to poke around, would prefer to stay on left side of bike. AND of course gas tank is FULL with winter fuel...