• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

BETA testers wanted

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
I have a new flash set for release, it's the Evolution flash, and I want 5 Beta testers to ride and review it.

The Evolution flash is for c-14's with stock headers and either stock or slipon mufflers. The Evolution Flash is a completely new flash, not another of my flashes with some window dressing. The Evolution Flash is the result of 1.5 years of constant work and evaluation of tuning just the c-14, in all types of riding. My goal was to make an EFI tune that had the smoothness of good carburetion. That means throttle transitions are smooooth, even off / on transitions. Deceleration is less aggressive than the decel flash, but only because it's easier to level off in any gear and find exactly where you want to be gear / rpm wise, and each gear becomes more useful over it's full spectrum. Light throttle operation is a good as anyone could hope for. The lion is still within, but unless you call him out, he's a pussycat. The bike never begs you to get on the throttle, no feeling that you have to go faster - but it certainly will. In fact I believe the Evolution Flash is the fastest flash for stock exhaust I have. It also has the potential for the best fuel economy in light throttle operation also. What you should notice about the Evolution Flash is what you don't notice - no bad manners, just an engine that does exactly what you want from it all the time. I built this flash with total refinement as the goal, and I believe I've achieved that goal. The evolution flash will be 375.00 w/ shipping in the US. The price reflects the extra developmental work involved.

If you want to test and evaluate the Evolution Flash, here's the terms:

1) I must have previously flashed the ECU you will be sending with the DECEL or Original flash;

2) you must be in good enough weather that you can install the ECU and ride within a few days of getting the ECU back from me... If your bike is put up for the winter, or you're expecting snow and cold temps, sorry.  :??: :??: :??:

3) you must know your bike well enough to pick up on subtle but obvious changes;

4) you must be willing to post your thoughts on the new flash, good, bad or indifferent, as long as it's honest.

5) You cover shipping cost. Send along 22.10 to cover return shipping. Must be in the US.

6)The first 5 folks who meet the criteria and post below are selected.

Steve

Damn, makes me wish I was back in the states, kinda.  Steve, if it is anything like the Decel flash I have now I will be looking to upgrade when the kinks are worked out. :great:

I'd be all over this, but my bike isn't stock and the weather here in N.C. can be icy one day, then 70F the next and then low 20's F the next during the winter, so I'm not a good choice for an A to A comparison.  :smiley_confused1:

Reid, email me for the shipping info.

All, after you post here, same drill, email me for the shipping info, you can email through my site, listed in my sig line. Steve

Sailor_chic said:
Im up to be a tester, but I didnt get the original flash yet.

Sorry Nicole, this offer is only for those who have my previous flashes, as it's the only way I can get comparative feedback. Look for a 1st of 2017 release date.  Thanks, steve

Steve, I've already rode a bike with your new flash and loved it.
Would be interested in being a Beta, BUT I'll wait and let other have the first chance.
If you don't have e'nuff by tomorrow, please consider using me as a Tester.
NOTE: I'm in Houston. Riding soon after the install wouldn't be a problem..

Ok folks, I have my name on the wish list, but I'm stepping aside to give ya a chance.
Better sign up NOW!!

Ride safe, Ted

I have no real experience with the original flash, but I've put several thousand miles on this new evo flash. It transformed my bike. I'm curious to here others comparisons.

Sailor_chic said:
Im up to be a tester, but I didnt get the original flash yet.

You'll want this when it's released Nicole.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Hey!! I thought ya'll would be lined up to test this!
Steve sed I'm in... Sooo, I'm excited!

I suspect the problem is,,, NOT able to ride in the time allotted?
    Might have something to do with having snow up to your ears?

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Hey!! I thought ya'll would be lined up to test this!
Steve sed I'm in... I'm excited!

I suspect the problem is,,, NOT able to ride in the time allotted?
    Might have something to do with having snow up to your ears?

Ride safe, Ted

I'd be in iff'n he could tweak it for my Versys.

I can't believe more people haven't jumped on this.
Steve, if yer willing to entertain a non-US beta tester let me know.
I can ship the box to ya to arrive before the end of Dec. and will cover the cost of return shipping to the UK.

Otherwise will probably buy the finished article in the spring.

I'm so thrilled with my current Flash. If I were any happier I'd be committed.

Plus I haven't yet read up on what the evo tune is. Thus - figured I'd let people who know what's going on jump on this. I'm clueless.

But Boomer is right. So, Steve, I'm down to test. I've had every flash so far. Why not!

Fais said:
I'm so thrilled with my current Flash. If I were any happier I'd be committed.

Plus I haven't yet read up on what the evo tune is. Thus - figured I'd let people who know what's going on jump on this. I'm clueless.

But Boomer is right. So, Steve, I'm down to test. I've had every flash so far. Why not!

Fais, there'a brief description in my original post. And you need to be where you can ride the bike, so you need to get out of that hellhole city you're in and go home  :nananana:  Email me for the shipping info if you can fit the criteria (of being able to test and evaluate in a timely manner) Steve

10-4 - will be back South on Tue and all I want for Christmas is to ride.

Baker air wings are on for the winter, huge vstream with another mini screen attached, Gerbing and etc.... have bike will ride it  :motonoises:

Email imminent - standby - thank you Steve

Boomer said:
I can't believe more people haven't jumped on this.
Steve, if yer willing to entertain a non-US beta tester let me know.
I can ship the box to ya to arrive before the end of Dec. and will cover the cost of return shipping to the UK.

Otherwise will probably buy the finished article in the spring.

Sorry Boomer i really need T&E guys right now - Steve

Steve,
As I told you earlier, I'm wanting this new flash!
I did get my bike back, and I'm in Oklahoma. Next week temps in the 50's, definitely riding weather.

I understand the one thing that doesn't work for this is the fact I haven't had an earlier flash from you yet, for comparison...

But, I am ready, whenever you are, to get this done!
Bob

I'll be your huckleberry Steve. Put me down. PM me the shipping details. Really dig your last work. Just did 2k 2 up packed for 4 days and it was the best upgrade ever. Love that low rev grunt. Over 200 miles before the low fuel icon flashed. Ride corners in 3rd where before was 2nd. Dig it! Don't ride in ECO mode anymore.

Old Man on a Connie said:
I'll be your huckleberry Steve. Put me down. PM me the shipping details. Really dig your last work. Just did 2k 2 up packed for 4 days and it was the best upgrade ever. Love that low rev grunt. Over 200 miles before the low fuel icon flashed. Ride corners in 3rd where before was 2nd. Dig it! Don't ride in ECO mode anymore.

Mark - email me at Steve at Shoodabenengineering  dot com and I'll send you the shipping info. #4... Steve

Hey Steve-
I'd love to do this if you can hold off on getting riding feedback until the first week of the new year.?
(gonna be on vacation in your neck of the woods from the 24th~31st...) :49:

If it doesn't work out, my question(that you've probably already thought about) is how will the Evolution flash be priced for those of us that have already purchased one of your previous flashes but would now like to try this one?
Do we have to pony up the full price all over again or can we upgrade for a smaller fee?
Hate to say it, but your currently available flashes are such an improvement over stock that I think it may be hard for anyone that already has one of your flashes to justify paying full-price all over again only to receive subtle(yet desired) improvements.
Maybe I'm wrong- :??:

Either way, just let me know.
-Jesse

LakeTrax said:
Hey Steve-
I'd love to do this if you can hold off on getting riding feedback until the first week of the new year.?
(gonna be on vacation in your neck of the woods from the 24th~31st...) :49:

If it doesn't work out, my question(that you've probably already thought about) is how will the Evolution flash be priced for those of us that have already purchased one of your previous flashes but would now like to try this one?
Do we have to pony up the full price all over again or can we upgrade for a smaller fee?
Hate to say it, but your currently available flashes are such an improvement over stock that I think it may be hard for anyone that already has one of your flashes to justify paying full-price all over again only to receive subtle(yet desired) improvements.
Maybe I'm wrong- :??:

Either way, just let me know.
-Jesse

Jesse, you're in. You know the other flashes, you know tuning, you are a great person for test / evaluate. Email me and I'll send you the shipping info.

The Evolution flash is going to be 375.00 with shipping. I'll reflash ECU's with this upgrade for 75.00. Those less discerning may not notice the difference;  others will pick up on the smoothness and throttle control immediately.

Brian... yes it will work on an FJR, but I don't think the c-14 guys would appreciate me making the feejers fast like their c-14's so I'm not going to release it to the FJR croud  :rotflmao:

BTW, Laketrax makes #5. If anyone is backing out, let me know now. Steve

:popcorn:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
                                                                                                                  :popcorn:

I'll ride and report ASAP

Might even get home early enough to send it out on Tue. I'm excited about this  :motonoises:

:beerchug:

By my count you have 5 testers, however if someone backs out I'm in! I have your advanced decel flash with about 15k on it. LMK.

antibus said:
By my count you have 5 testers, however if someone backs out I'm in! I have your advanced decel flash with about 15k on it. LMK.
Steve, If you want to give my spot to Dan I'm OK with it. Through no fault of your own just don't have a fuzzy about sending by bikes brain through usps. I love my current flash you threw on in Helen and if this works out I'll pay the coin if your in Mo Twisties. That or I'll do a drive by when I make that bucket list trip to Daytona.  :great: :beerchug:

antibus said:
Steve, If you want to give my spot to Dan I'm OK with it. Through no fault of your own just don't have a fuzzy about sending by bikes brain through usps. I love my current flash you threw on in Helen and if this works out I'll pay the coin if your in Mo Twisties. That or I'll do a drive by when I make that bucket list trip to Daytona.  :great: :beerchug:

Chicken! I've had a couple hunnert mailed in, no problems yet. But OK, new space open  :nananana: 

Dan, email me for the shipping info - Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
antibus said:

Chicken! I've had a couple hunnert mailed in, no problems yet. But OK, new space open  :nananana: 

Dan, email me for the shipping info - Is your weather good enough to ride when you get the ECU back? I can't wait til the springtime -  ;)  Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Steve in Sunny Fla said:
antibus said:

Dan, email me for the shipping info - Is your weather good enough to ride when you get the ECU back? I can't wait til the springtime -  ;)  Steve
Yeah, It's a gubmint faith thing  :-X If Dan can't ride it I'll still back your play. Just spend about a week being nervous.  ;)

Yes I can ride. I'm in the PNW and we usually do not have icy roads which is the only thing that keeps my bike in the garage.

Yeah, It's a gubmint faith thing  :-X If Dan can't ride it I'll still back your play. Just spend about a week being nervous.  ;)

Mark, because of Dan's ambient weather conditions, I need to pass on that as a good test. You're back in. No way out now, or you like a girl who can't make up her mind  ;)  Steve

Dahmit. Challenge glove dropped, Challenge glove accepted. I'll send after the xmas holiday to avoid postal challenges. Cripes, you'd think nowadays we'd have a drone delivery system or sumpthin'.  :truce:

Dahmit. Challenge glove dropped, Challenge glove accepted. I'll send after the xmas holiday to avoid postal challenges. Cripes, you'd think nowadays we'd have a drone delivery system or sumpthin'.  :truce:

;) :beerchug:

Ok, Christmas is over and my ECU is boxed/ready to go.
    Update: Shipped...

Was warm (82*) so I went for a ride yesterday with my current (Decell) flash.
Wanted to refresh my memory before sending in my ECU.
Man, that thing is great.

Gonna be rough for the new to be even better.
But I suspect, somehow,,, ya did it.

Can't wait to give it a try!!

Ride safe, Ted

Ok, my first reply in.  Received the EVO flash late last week.  Due to a bad cold, I've been unable to ride till today.  But...if the first short ride to work is any indication, I can't wait to get out and really stretch her legs out!  I had the original flash and absolutely loved it.  This one is butter smooth in normal riding conditions.  Docile as a lamb til you twist the throttle a bit and she quickly moves on out.  The real treat for me was the decel.  This was a quick ride to work, so I haven't tapped all the potential yet.  I'm riding down for the Last Blast this Friday morning so I should be able to tell more.  But, so far this EVO flash is a WINNER! :motonoises: :great:

Wow Steve. How could it be perceptibly better? I doubted I would notice anything major. Rode the first flash for 2,000 miles. The decel flash for 1,000 miles and then another beta flash for the past 20,000 miles. Each one has been a major improvement I couldn't have expected over stock. I never had any complaints - but the improvements were welcomed and amazing. So, it is again.

Someone once used a radio volume knob analogy comparing to the throttle inputs. Stock Connies have 1-5. FLashed Connies felt like they had 1-25. Now I feel like my throttle is an infinite dictator of the engine's demeanor and performance. I pulled around a UPS truck in a residential neighborhood in 4th gear at about 1200 rpm. Pulled out like butter. That's unreal! We rode 2-up through a hilly and windy neighborhood road and could hear people commenting on how quietly we were cruising through there. I don't know if there is a more docile and powerful bike out there. Fine tuning is a really good thing.

The few chances I had to get on it were the first times I felt the clutch really work shifting from 2nd to 3rd, and at only about 8,500rpm, Ewa loved it! The power is beyond what I'll ever need but the smoothness and control is unreal. More power dealt more evenly is a great thing. We rode about 120 miles in total, and it was sublime with the EVO tune. I'll get some 1-up riding in after the New Year and can't wait to hit my mountain roads quietly - but FAST!!

Betty loves it, I love it. Not sure there is a better bike in the world than a flashed Connie. Going riding again right now! 50* and sunny for a few more hours  :motonoises:

Steve, THANK YOU and I'll report back about John's Area P flash to you when he ever rides it. He is excited.

:beerchug:

I am still so jacked about my Decel Flash, got it this past October. But
if it's even possible to improve on the "awesomeness" I'm in.
I ride in Georgia year round.
Angus

Steve,
Mine went to you today for the EVO flash.
I sent you 2 emails.
You should get it Tuesday.

Can't wait!!  >:D
Bob