• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Beta testing new Admore light kit!

KretonsLC

So yesterday I ordered the Givi V46 kit, and today I got an email from Admore asking if I'd like to beta test a new kit with improved functionality.  They anticipate releasing it for sale early next year, and it will have amber turn signals instead of red, a brake light modulation option which flashes for 2 seconds before going solid, and an improved connection system.

The new features sound great so I'm excited to try it out and provide Admore with feedback.

Sounds like the same unit they offer for the E55.

I didn't know the V46 didn't get the same treatment.

Very happy with the kit I bought from Admore for mine.  Install was a bit tricky, but still a fantastic upgrade for the tail of our bike.

Makes me want to ride with my top box on ALL the time simply because of the better lighting for those following me!

gr

I got the kit yesterday and after looking at the instructions for making the connections on the bike it doesn't look terribly intuitive.  Hopefully I'll be able to figure out a) where the tail/brake/signal light wiring is and b) which wire from the kit connects to which wire on the bike.  This stuff is all new to me.

I plan on setting aside plenty of time this weekend to tackle it.

On my 2008 (and I can imagine few scenarios that would have induced Big K to change it in later years) you dig WAY back into the tail section until you unearth a honking great rubber boot covering up several (4 in my case) wiring connectors. Peel that back and find the three-wire plug with wiring colors of Red (for Running lights?), Blue (Brake light. Duh.) and Black/Yellow (Ground, by process of elimination).

I found it WAY easier to go to NAPA or such, purchase a like set of mated connectors, and wire everything up as a plug-in splice. Trying to solder in that cramped space did NOT yield results I could be proud of. Or even admit to. Wait, forget I said that!

Ride safe.

PeterL said:
On my 2008 (and I can imagine few scenarios that would have induced Big K to change it in later years) you dig WAY back into the tail section until you unearth a honking great rubber boot covering up several (4 in my case) wiring connectors. Peel that back and find the three-wire plug with wiring colors of Red (for Running lights?), Blue (Brake light. Duh.) and Black/Yellow (Ground, by process of elimination).

I found it WAY easier to go to NAPA or such, purchase a like set of mated connectors, and wire everything up as a plug-in splice. Trying to solder in that cramped space did NOT yield results I could be proud of. Or even admit to. Wait, forget I said that!

Ride safe.
konehead said:
Posi-taps.  I'd be surprised if the didnt send them with their kit. 

Thanks guys.  It doesn't appear any soldering or tap kits are needed - just a little wire stripping.  However, since my instructions lack anything regarding wiring up the top case I need to see if those Admore has on their site for the V46 will work for the beta version they sent me.  I'm waiting for Admore to respond to this question and will call them today if I don't get a response.

Kreton'sLC said:
I got the kit yesterday and after looking at the instructions for making the connections on the bike it doesn't look terribly intuitive.  Hopefully I'll be able to figure out a) where the tail/brake/signal light wiring is and b) which wire from the kit connects to which wire on the bike.  This stuff is all new to me.

I plan on setting aside plenty of time this weekend to tackle it.

I had the same issue with the kit for my E55.
In fact, I literally fried one trying to figure it out by cross-connecting one of the leads, and Admore would NOT warranty replace it.  ::)
That wasn't very pleasing.

I do recall they included Posi-taps in the kit, and I will NEVER use another wire tap.  EVER.  Those things are THE BEST.  Especially for areas where soldering is NOT an option.

Good luck. 

gr

konehead said:
So what's happened with the whackyness....?

Over the Thanksgiving break I spoke with Dave at Admore who kindly called me while at his in-laws for the holiday.  Dave arranged to send out a new adapter kit which arrived this past Saturday.  Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem, but over the weekend after experimenting on his own '12 C14,  Dave discovered our bikes require splicing another part in at one of the connections to the adapter kit.

He overnighted this part to me and it's supposed to arrive today.  Hopefully it'll do the trick.  I'll provide an update.

MAN OF BLUES said:
:great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great:

feedback...
:great: :great: :great: :great: :great:

Bingo MOB - turns out the issue was indeed feedback which as I understand it essentially was due to the circuit board and the C14 wiring not playing perfectly well together.  The little part Admore sent was a wire diode which I spliced into where the red harness wire connected to the connecting block which joins the harness with the Kawasaki adapter.  The kit now works beautifully with no "wacky dash" when turning the ignition off.

Kudos to Dave at Admore for prompt and exceptional customer service on a level I don't recall ever experiencing before.  Tomorrow night my son and his girlfriend will follow me to shoot a short vid which I can post some stills from.  I'm also going to send pics and the vid to Admore as well as a few installation suggestions in case they ever develop some C14-specific instructions.  Dave told me they'll tweak the circuit board for production kits so the diode won't be necessary.

The kit they have for the E55 trunks yellow turn, red brake and tail workes flawlessly. Likley just an oversite on their part.

Sailor Rich said:
The kit they have for the E55 trunks yellow turn, red brake and tail workes flawlessly. Likley just an oversite on their part.

Dave at Admore said that because Givi has come out with so many newer models than the V46, upgrading the V46 kit was sort of on the back burner.  But apparently there are enough V46 fans for them to go for it.