• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bike Bandit

garageman

Just a word of warning.
I developed a leak in my final drive so I did the research and ordered the O Rings, seals and the needle bearing from Bike Bandit. Now, 1 month later I have no parts. Their explanation is all about Covid-19 and I call bull s***. I have ordered parts 3 times in the last 3 months as I upgrade my bike and fix little issues. One was through Partzilla and the 2 through my local dealer. In all 3 cases I had my parts in about 10 days.
Bike Bandit just says sorry.
I think they are a sorry lot. The letter from their top man that is on the website blames Covid-19 for the delays, but it was written months ago and proudly states that their warehouse is back up to 100% capacity as of June 8th. That was more than 2 months ago so where are my parts?

Buyer beware.

Sorry to hear, re: your missing parts. I've not experienced any problems in the past w/ Bike Bandit, but all that was before Covid-19. I've had some minor delays from some of their competitors, but not extreme.

Hope you get your parts soon!

I had the same problems. After being my number one go to for parts for all the bikes
I work on for customer they blew it. Ordered parts online, waited a month then it
took 2 months to get Thur on phone. Never answered there chat line. When I did get
Thur same story and I should just wait. Customer wanted his money back, took his
bike and left not happy. I am not happy and will not do anymore business with them.

I had the exact same problem with them.  Needed a new Yuasa battery for my ST1100.  After 2 months of delays, never able to get through to customer service on the phone, I sent them a cancellation of order notice by email, which I'm still getting order delay notices for 2 months later.  I think they must have had a labor walk out or some event that ended their business operation.  Order the battery through Ron Ayers Motorsports and had it in 10 days.  They are all done in my book.

Several times over the last 1-2 years I ordered parts for my various bikes and all were subsequently cancelled because they didn't have/couldn't get the parts although their website showed in stock.  This was always the case with orders for my Triumphs...  :mad:

Ordering from them was frustrating and a total waste of time when I actually needed parts during the short Maine riding season.  No matter if it "appears" they have the lowest price, I am done with them!

Same experience I had with Bike Bandit. Ordered various parts the last week in July, and to date, nothing. No emails explaining the delay. Called them and got the same excuse about Covid slowing everything down. Ok, maybe a slow down, but not shutting down COMPLETELY. I also call BS!! The guy I talked to, after waiting some 25-30 minutes on wait, said no one has the parts that I ordered on the shelf and its taken this long to get them from Kawasaki.  IF they ever do get here, I will never do business with them again. Good thing I wasn't in a "rush" for them....

Jim

garage monster said:
Just a word of warning.
I developed a leak in my final drive so I did the research and ordered the O Rings, seals and the needle bearing from Bike Bandit. Now, 1 month later I have no parts. Their explanation is all about Covid-19 and I call bull s***. I have ordered parts 3 times in the last 3 months as I upgrade my bike and fix little issues. One was through Partzilla and the 2 through my local dealer. In all 3 cases I had my parts in about 10 days.
Bike Bandit just says sorry.
I think they are a sorry lot. The letter from their top man that is on the website blames Covid-19 for the delays, but it was written months ago and proudly states that their warehouse is back up to 100% capacity as of June 8th. That was more than 2 months ago so where are my parts?

Buyer beware.

That's odd. I have ordered two tires from them, first a back and later a front tire - both during Covid and each was here the day after I ordered them with their free shipping. The first one I ordered 4:30 in the afternoon and it was on my front step 11:15 AM the next morning. That's even faster than Amazon!  :great:

I have also ordered a few bits and pieces. Some were fast, some were slow. I can tell you from my 9-5 job, the supply chain is really hosed - bad too!  :eek:

So all I can say is, you may have ordered something back ordered and they like everyone else is at the mercy of their suppliers. It is what it is, they don't make the parts......

Good luck,
Jon

Red Fox said:
Rats, Bike Bandit was a good outfit.

Not everyone has the same experience. I have used them for years and also during Covid - they are fine. I think it depends more on WHAT was ordered and availability of it more than the seller.

I love steak, but that is getting hard to find at times - and no one has it on sale. Guess I should start hating on all the grocery outlets in my area because I want my steak.  :-[  :truce:

I'm just saying.
Jon

My experience was made worse by not being able to talk with anyone and
half the time I would get an intercept telling me I could not place a call
on this line. Being from the Bell System I know someone did some sloppy
work when they ported the incoming sales lines to there workers home
numbers. That's just plain sloppy for a business. I lost a customer and
will not use them again.

Having the same problem with BB...ordered stuff from partzilla early last week, and haven’t heard a peep from them either on shipping...getting hard to find good help out there these days. BB was good some time ago. Not sure if I wanna use em again. Partzilla is working on getting on that list as well 🤦🏻‍♂️

Frank

I have an extra set of brake pads cause they didnt cancel my order after I got them a lot sooner from Murph cheaper. Gotta support vendors in a difficult time.

I just ordered from Motosport with a delivery of 9-24-2020. $ 25 more would have it here 2 days sooner

Prices were in line for the mirror and fender. $410. I just got insurance info from woman who hit and run me via text.

Just a little follow up. I am sure Partzilla has some things that are generic in stock such as tires. Parts for my Concours I am sure they order from Kawasaki just like my dealership does. However they need to be honest and not just keep saying I need to wait.
I canceled and ordered from my dealer. I paid just a tiny bit more but there was no shipping cost. 11 days later I had my parts.
Nuff said.

Same experience I had with Bike Bandit. Ordered various parts the last week in July, and to date, nothing. No emails explaining the delay. Called them and got the same excuse about Covid slowing everything down. Ok, maybe a slow down, but not shutting down COMPLETELY. I also call BS!! The guy I talked to, after waiting some 25-30 minutes on wait, said no one has the parts that I ordered on the shelf and its taken this long to get them from Kawasaki. IF they ever do get here, I will never do business with them again. Good thing I wasn't in a "rush" for them....

Jim
Same here. Been getting regular emails from them since ordering an air filter in early July for my c-10. Ridiculous.