• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

BLACK HILLS GOLD RUN 2019 June 23-28 2019

Rasmith

Well folks, here it is!

The Inaugural Black Hills Gold Run!
The first of hopefully many!

This ride is now on the North Central Calendar!
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=256101&mo=6&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019%2D06%2D17%27%7D

Located in the center of the Black Hills in Hill City, offering easy access to every scenic route and attraction will be our "Rally Central"

Black Hills Trailside Park Resort-----http://trailsideparkresort.com/

We'll have a Cabin with a large covered porch and grill. The owners will allow several tents in the grass surrounding the cabin. If attendance to high enough there is a flat area about 100 yards away with tables and fire pits for us to use.
The cabin has outside outlets folks can use to charge mobile devices.

Cabin is already full but there are others available.

My plans will be to arrive Sunday afternoon 6/23 then depart Friday 6/28.

We'll have an open format. We can group up or do your own thing. We'll supply some route maps for most of the many scenic rides.

We plan on having Coffee and Pastries at the Cabin for Breakfast. You're on your own for lunch and Dinner. Thursday night (Last Night) we plan on grilling burgers and dogs.

There is a Conoco Station/convenience store next door and a Dollar General directly across the street.
We're a 10 minute walk to the center of town.

Front of cabin

Back of cabin (Tent Spaces)

Side of cabin (Tent spaces)

Overflow Area-

Rasmith said:
SteveJ. said:
This is starting to look doable.

Awesome!

We have many Maybes and 3-4 Going.
Cool.

I'm curious as to how much of an area around the cabin, I did look at the pics. I would be arriving in my Roadtrek campervan with a trailer behind it, all told about 35'. Parking options? I don't want to pay north of $50/night for hook ups and don't need them. I do have a "dummy tent", the cheapest small dome tent I could find that I can set up to look like I'm tent camping.  :great: 

I know I can just call the resort and ask but sometimes I don't like the answer.

I haven't ridden the Hills or been to the Alpine Inn in years. Sounds awesome.

Thanks for doing this and  :beerchug: .

Edit to add: Just registered.

SteveJ. said:
Rasmith said:
SteveJ. said:

Awesome!

Cool.

I'm curious as to how much of an area around the cabin, I did look at the pics. I would be arriving in my Roadtrek campervan with a trailer behind it, all told about 35'. Parking options? I don't want to pay north of $50/night for hook ups and don't need them. I do have a "dummy tent", the cheapest small dome tent I could find that I can set up to look like I'm tent camping.  :great: 

I know I can just call the resort and ask but sometimes I don't like the answer.

Steve,
There is room around the Cabin for tents but I seriously doubt there will be room by the cabin for your full setup. The folks at the campground are bikers and they're very friendly and accommodating. I'm sure they will understand you situation and work with you within reason.

Rasmith said:
SteveJ. said:
Rasmith said:
SteveJ. said:

Awesome!

Cool.

Steve,
There is room around the Cabin for tents but I seriously doubt there will be room by the cabin for your full setup. The folks at the campground are bikers and they're very friendly and accommodating. I'm sure they will understand you situation and work with you within reason.

Thanks for the heads up.

SteveJ. said:
Rasmith said:
SteveJ. said:
Rasmith said:
SteveJ. said:

Awesome!

Cool.

Steve,

Thanks for the heads up.

It took a bit but I am in at campsite 4. Arriving on 24 June, departing on the 28th. Yee. Haw.

I dropped you name and the difficulties melted away, once Sonja talked to the manager. 10% discount with the AARP card to boot.

See ya on the 24th.

I'm departing Thursday for Friday arrival. I plan on staying down by hot springs on BLM land until Monday and then head up to the campground.

On TDY near Almelund Minnesota.

This is my first trip up here, it is beautiful!
Looking forward to seeing Mt Rushmore today.
Thank you for setting this Rick.
Great pace too

Just arrived at the campground a bit ago. Doing a few errands today and will be ready to go tomorrow. Yee Haw.

This was a great ride. Weather was excellent throughout the week.
We rode all the good roads. Only issue was Needles Highway was being sealed so we were stopped a few times by a Flagger. Then it was slow going when it was our turn to pass. Other than that, we had great rides.
Iron Mountain
Needle Highway
Devil's Tower
Mount Rushmore
Crazy Horse
Vanocker Canyon Rd
Spearfish Canyon Rd
and several others

Back at you. It's good meeting Jimmy and Lawrence and for a little while Mark also.

On TDY near Black Hawk, Colorado.