• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

BlackWidow (BW) Slip-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

texas.devops

I've got the full-size muffler and mid-pipe to replace the OEM back half on my 2021 C14. Some quick observations:

1) saves a chunk of weight... something like 25lbs to 30lbs;
2) having a removable baffle is good, and it runs well with it in - but it's really very nice without it too (much less restrictive);
3) on the upper end of the RPM range (eg. 8k and up) it really shines, especially with the MRP flash;
4) fit and finish are top notch, and it popped right onto the OEM front half without a hassle (just make sure you tighten down the clamps well);
5) with or without the baffle installed, NOW the motor sounds like the 1.352 liter monster it is;
6) picking one up from a fellow COGger at a great price was amazing!

NOTE: passing along what was shared with me, pay attention to the center stand stopper when aligning the center pipe -- there's no bracket to bolt on the center pipe (it's so light you don't need one) which means that what's welded onto the pipe is actually the stopper for the center stand... I repurposed the rubber bushing from the OEM exhaust and pushed it through a hole on the center stand leg so there's no metal-on-metal contact.

Well worth the modest investment. You won't be disappointed!

Attachments

• BW Exhaust 01.jpg
    BW Exhaust 01.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 156
  • BW Exhaust 02.jpg
    BW Exhaust 02.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 166
  • BW Exhaust 03.jpg
    BW Exhaust 03.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 160
  • BW Exhaust 04.jpg
    BW Exhaust 04.jpg