• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bluetooth Earplugs Review (Plugfones)

big0red4224

For those of us who don't want to talk to anyone, helmet speakers seem a little cost prohibitive. About 2 years ago, a company called Plugfones came out with an OSHA compliant and ANSI certified set of earplugs that are also bluetooth headphones. I used them exclusively for about 10 months straight until I ended up getting a PackTalk for Christmas.

I used them every day on my bike, even through the Phoenix summer. They worked VERY well. The NRR of the plugs is a little on the low side at 25db, but I found that this cut just enough wind noise and I was still able to hear traffic around me.

I don't work for them, and have bought a total of 3 sets. Two for me (had to buy a second when the old lady stole the first) and one as a gift. For the money, they are amazing. The very first set I bought, which was their initial run, had an overmold issue with one plug, and they immediately sent out a replacement set of headphones. Customer service was great and the headphones work really well, and are very comfortable inside the helmet.

Here's the Amazon link for anyone interested: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y3XPPL7

Looks interesting. I think I had some non bluetooth plugphones a few years back.
I have tried several bluetooth earbuds in the last couple years, currently happy with these:

Pamu Z1 Bluetooth 5.2 Active Noise-Cancelling Earbuds​

The buds themselves have only about a 5 hour capacity but you can pop them back in the charging case and get another couple more 5 hour stints. They have great sound and best volume of any I have tried. They are made in China and take weeks to arrive. Also if you put them and the charging case in the same pocket with you fob KIPAAS is disabled. :(
I plan to give the Plugfones a try.

For those of us who don't want to talk to anyone, helmet speakers seem a little cost prohibitive. About 2 years ago, a company called Plugfones came out with an OSHA compliant and ANSI certified set of earplugs that are also bluetooth headphones. I used them exclusively for about 10 months straight until I ended up getting a PackTalk for Christmas.

I used them every day on my bike, even through the Phoenix summer. They worked VERY well. The NRR of the plugs is a little on the low side at 25db, but I found that this cut just enough wind noise and I was still able to hear traffic around me.

I don't work for them, and have bought a total of 3 sets. Two for me (had to buy a second when the old lady stole the first) and one as a gift. For the money, they are amazing. The very first set I bought, which was their initial run, had an overmold issue with one plug, and they immediately sent out a replacement set of headphones. Customer service was great and the headphones work really well, and are very comfortable inside the helmet.

Here's the Amazon link for anyone interested: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y3XPPL7
I have used these for about the last 10 years, great product and they do have great service.