• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bob Rainey's IHOP ride

lone-rider

Scooter
Didn't find a thread so figured I'd start one.

Had a great time and Bob was a great host as always. Weather could have been better, but cooperated and there was no rain. One dummy (who shall remain nameless) had a bit of a mishap, no major harm done except to ego, but I have, oops "he has" plenty of that to spare ;)

While the riding was wonderful, it was the movie nights that really made the event. You don't often get to see such cinematic masterpieces as "Chopper Chicks in Zombietown" or "Little Fauss and Big Halsy"

I can highly recommend both, but beware they are best enjoyed with generous amounts of alcohol and very low expectations even though they feature such well known actors as Billy Bob Thornton, Martha Quinn, Lauren Hutton, and Robert Redford.

Didn't take too many pictures as it was overcast and hazy most of the time.

For those who were there, Charlie and I came up with a gift idea for Bob - it is a surprise but safe to announce here since Bob's internet is still down  :))

Later this week or early next, he will be receiving a gift in the mail  - movie poster suitable for display in his shop...

519Q3bbALhL.jpg

For anyone who hasn't had the opportunity, keep an eye out for this ride in the future. Great island riding and Bob is an excellent tour guide.

Oh go poof your hair.  ;) No internet just lots and lots of bike movies. Bob was a great host. like Wayne said the weather was mostly good but cloudy.

Wayne and I were waiting for the Ferry to arrived so we could go out to Lopez Island. A voice from a truck goes "are you going to Bob's? Seems like that question came up a lot that day. Bob is known to have the nicest garage on the island and everyone knows he rides motorcycles.

If you haven't been to the Ihop in my opinion it is a worthwhile event. I will do it again when I can.  End times?  We were walking to a famous resort at Friday Harbor. Wayne noticed it looked like Bob was texting. I looked and it indeed looked like Bob was walking and texting. He was looking down at his hands which were busy doing something....turns out Bob was just peeling a hard boiled egg......oh well.

TimR said:
....  End times?  We were walking to a famous resort at Friday Harbor. Wayne noticed it looked like Bob was texting. I looked and it indeed looked like Bob was walking and texting. He was looking down at his hands which were busy doing something....turns out Bob was just peeling a hard boiled egg....

OMG!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I think I just hurt myself laughing.  :D :D :D

The funny thing is, Bob joined the forum back on Dec 2, 2015 and made exactly one post that day complaining about an LED bulb he had bought. I never thought Bob would ever get internet access. Question is... is it dial up?  :))

Lone-Rider said:
'Twas a joke, Bob has no internet.
So Wayne, you're saying you, or someone else from the NW Region, signed up on the forum as Robert Rainey, screen name Idaho Bob, on Dec 2, 2015 and then went on to post a complaint about an LED headlight bulb he had bought? Hmmmm???

BTW, I know that Bob has said he would never have internet access. But then I have been to a Pink Floyd concert where I saw a pig fly.  ;D

Jim, Bob used a P/C  owned by someone else. Bob might have one post but it was not placed there by a P/C he owns. As for the texting Bob was peeling an hard boiled egg. On top of that, he has no cell phone. If you call Bob and he is not at home you get an answering machine. Watching movies was done with a DVD and a TV in the garage. In spite of all this we attendees had a good old school time.

Tim - I know the whole egg thing was a joke. I also know Bob is old school with no cell phone or computer. Hell, I've known Bob since about '97, maybe '98. We share the same birth date. So, I know a little bit about Bob.

Butt, that isn't to say he hasn't.... changed? I mean using a computer to sign into the forum and post a complaint? That is so....  un-Bob.  :))

Idaho Bob wanted me to say thank All of you for him, for chipping in on the food costs plus the ferry for the IHOP ride. Bob uses me as his GHOST on the internet, which I'm happy to do, after all, just because Bob's fingers are too big to fit on a normal sized keyboard, shouldn't prevent him from communicating with the members! He was very happy with the turnout and he had a great time with the get together. I won't tell him about your present in the mail, I'm sure he'll get a great kick out of it!

Don't get your pantyhose in a kink! Bob uses guys like me, V65 Bill AKA Bill Hawley to put info on the COG site when needed. By the way, I've known Bob since 1986, so I know him pretty well also! Bob says that Joe, the Sportster guy, totaled his bike on Saturday night, but he's alright, and tells everyone thanks for the great time,! He's back in Glacier WA. and recovering.
        V65 BILL

OH No! Joe was a pretty nice guy too. He was sitting in his truck when he asked Wayne if we were going to Bob's house while on the ferry to Lopez Island. Joe saw a couple of Connie's and put two and two together.  I think he sat through Biker Chicks invades the Zombies with the rest of us.    :truce:  I hope his injuries heal quickly with no side effects.  TimR 

I downloaded video from our IHOP ride and put it on YouTube.  There are eleven videos in this playlist, in order of the sequence of our ride. Be sure to watch the Mt Constitution one at least. Here's the link to that playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjNYOZhrD4hmJiaQC8kldpE9dWx7lPhHC

I enjoyed participating in the ride, catching up with friends, and meeting new people.  Many thanks to Bob for hosting us at his place and leading the ride!  Sorry to hear about Joe, hope he's doing OK.