• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bowling

strum

Hey guys my wife and I recently purchased the bowling alley in Blairsville  and since a lot of yall are coming to Helen and riding very close I want to invite you to stop in and see us.
  If you're a COG member you and your family (up to 5 total) can have 2 free games each on me just pay shoe rental.  Good from June 19th-the 25th.
  Must show COG membership card.

Congrats - and see you there !

Can a guy get a White Russian in your fine establishment? I tend to feel like the Big Lebowsky with a bowling ball in my hand -)

:beerchug:

Cool Strum!  That's a very generous offer to make.  Hopefully well get around to visit.  May not bowl, but always great to meet new friends. :beerchug:

Very Cool. I'm not a bowler but I wouldn't mind sitting there with Fais discussing rugs man.  :great: :beerchug: Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. Unless it's on shabba. I don't roll on shabba.  ;)

First I might have to find out what "Corn Hole Games" are?  I aint from them parts and that just sounds bad.

BTW you might want to contact the rally crew and offer a prize or discount to rally goers rather than just posting here.  Many of our members don't forum.

smithr1 said:
First I might have to find out what "Corn Hole Games" are?  I aint from them parts and that just sounds bad.

BTW you might want to contact the rally crew and offer a prize or discount to rally goers rather than just posting here.  Many of our members don't forum.

Your from the south and dont know what cornhole is ?  lol  Its kind of like horse shoes except you throw a bean bag (filled with corn) at a slighty tilted board with a
  hole in it.

In Texas we call that Washers and washers are used and not bean bags.  They sell fancy kits now in  the stores with painted washers and everything.  We always made our own.  Just started seeing them in stores about 5 years ago.

strum said:
Your from the south and dont know what cornhole is ?  lol  Its kind of like horse shoes except you throw a bean bag (filled with corn) at a slightly tilted board with a
  hole in it.

I'm with Bob here.  And here in Texas it just don't sound right.  :-\

And furthermore... a "bean" bag filled with corn would not be a bean bag, it would be a cornbag and somehow that don't sound right either.  But not on the same level as cornhole.
Now I've lived other places and have played Bean Bag Toss which is apparently the same game (and while I assume there were beans in the little bags it may have been corn), but never heard it called cornhole.  But different regions certainly have their own idiosyncrasies of dialect and culture.  Who in Texas knew?  :smiley_confused1:

strum said:
smithr1 said:

Your from the south and dont know what cornhole is ?  lol  Its kind of like horse shoes except you throw a bean bag (filled with corn) at a slighty tilted board with a
  hole in it.

smithr1 said:
In Texas we call that Washers and washers are used and not bean bags. 

Up here in PA, I've played the game with either washers or bean bags.  And I've heard it called "cornhole", but I agree...  That just doesn't sound right!  :-\

Solomookie said:
strum said:
smithr1 said:

hole in it.

smithr1 said:
In Texas we call that Washers and washers are used and not bean bags. 

Up here in PA, I've played the game with either washers or bean bags.  And I've heard it called "cornhole", but I agree...  That just doesn't sound right!  :-\

Y'all might want to be careful who you ask about that over where Ted and that crew's going rafting in Helen.... :rotflmao:

strum said:
Camper Dave said:
ya, can we get back to bowling...
What kind of beer you have on tap???  :beerchug:

Sorry no beer but we do have slushies :great:
So.... we can bring our favorite slushie enhancer  >:D

Last year, I managed to get our team a local brewery sponsor (they gave us tee-shirts) and the bowling alley kindly made sure they had our beer on tap.
I'm really not sure I can bowl without some enhancement  :D

Few years back I bought the guts of a 32 lane alley. Four days to move 40+tons of equipment...quite the work out.