• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brake rotor hole patterns

gr8scott

I'm curious as to why the difference between the pattern of holes on the old stock, and new replacement brake rotors. See photos. The original has 10 lines of seemingly random or haphazardly spaced holes, while the new one has six evenly spaced lines.

TIA,
Scott

20210107_101403.jpg20210107_101442.jpg

I have noticed that too.

It is designed to randomly articulate the frequencies generated by rotational movement so as not to unwitting activate the butterfly effect when certain speeds are maintained for too long risking a split in the universe.

Now if we can just figure out where the flux capacitor plugs in to, where golden......funny things can happen at 88 mph...

My bikes really like running at 88 mph, no funny things to note. I must need to have that flux capacitor.

Wow. A few years back I laid out the patterns on several sets of rotors, old ironhead Sporty, GS, Motuguzzi V1000. Uses CAD to make a template to perfectly space them, then a friendly machinist at work lined me out on the oooold milling machine with a rotary table. It was a lot of fun and therapeutic making all those little holes, then giving each hole a slight chamfer.