• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T31 GT

khager01

Has anyone tried the new T31 GT's?  I am looking at a $78 difference vs. PR4 GT's.  The motorcycle mags give good reviews (have you ever seen them give a bad review on anything) :)).  Just wondering if anyone has some real world experience with them on our beloved Connie?  So far besides the OEM's I have used Angel GT "A" specs about 6300 miles and worn down to the cords.  Now have about the same mileage on my PR4 GT's with maybe a 1000 miles left.  Both seem to handle similarly with the wear and longevity nod going to the PR4's .  Ride twisties when I can and avoid rain most of the time, so wet weather performance not real important.

i have the t31gt's on right now, the front is still looking good at around 9000 miles and the rear will probably go maybe another 1000 if I'm lucky. i do have the 55 series on the rear. I did have the angel gt's on before these and the handling is about the same. i think the angel's were a little better handling in the twisties, but not by much. i normally do not get too much over 8 or 9 thousand mile out of a rear tire. the front tire is wearing much better and no cupping yet. i have not used a pr series set of tires yet. but have had the t30's and angel's, now the t31 gt's. When I replace the tires again I will probably use the t31's again. i have been in some heavy rain and the t31's did great, so did the angels too.

I have used them on two other bikes, although not on my Connie.

For my use they served well, decent/average mileage, they handled well I use the whole tire and had no grip issues. I did not experience any cupping. I had no issues and they were a good bang for the buck.

Thanks for the replies.  Glenn I see you're getting the same mileage or better out of the T31's vs.the Angel's, and if you plan on using them again that says a lot right there.  The Angel GT "A"specs and the PR4 GT's are priced the same about $355-$360 for the set with the T31 GT's coming in at $280, and if they wear the same and handle similar then I think it's worth a shot.  I had real bad cupping on the front OEM, and I wore out the front Angel before the back, not something I normally do, but the weight of this bike seems to wear out the front just as fast as the rear, (the left side of the front tire was down to the cords at 6K) admittedly that was with a lot of high speed twisties, and a lot of downhill trail braking.  The PR4's are doing better but with not as much time in the mountains.  I have used the T30's before with good results, but that was on my Wee-Strom over 200 lbs lighter and less than half the power.