• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bridgestone T30 and T31, anyone?

kzz1king

BS has a $60 rebate on these. I think I have used the T30 before and it was ok but poor wear.To lazy to go out and get my logbook. How about the 31? Dennis Kirk has them for 232 a pair, 242 with their tire charge. With the rebate this puts them close to the RS II range which I have not tried but have a set in the shop. Anyone have any experience with either of these?
Wayne

i had used both the T30 and T31 on my last c-14. The T31 rear lasted about 8000 miles and felt better than the T30 by a little. I live in Tennessee so the tires did get a work out. They handled rain well and it didn't have any problems with the handling or feel. The front tires wore about the same, but I just felt the T31 was just a newer design and a bit better all around.

This is my second year running T-31-s on my 650 Versys. I wear out 3 rears and about 1.5 front tires per year. Bike, at 69k miles, is on rear number 13. The bike is mostly ridden in the mountains, quite aggressively.

The rear 31 goes about 4.5 to 5k miles. For comparison to keep it apples to apples, two Pirelli Angle GT's and two Dunlop RS3's have made it to 6k miles. So yeah, they wear a bit shorter than some tires under aggressive power. I would assume one could really shred any tire on a C-14 if one wanted.

The tires are quite competent in all other regards including peg dragging. And peg dragging on a Versys is definitely getting down there.

HTH.

Good price at Dennis Kirk.

Ride focused.

Anybody else care to chime in on how these tires have done??

I'm shopping and considering straying away from the Angel GT's for a change.

thanks.
gr

I have several friends who run those tires. They claim those tires grip like a Q3+ but last about twice as long. I plan to give them a go on my Blackbird but am sticking with the M7rr on the Concours. I’ll let you know my opinion after. The friends using them are excellent riders so I’m inclined to believe them.

With the rebate they are just a little more than the Roadsmart II's which I have sitting on a shelf. Still thinking of picking up a set of the 31's for my next tire. Problem is they could sit on the shelf for a year.

ghostrider990 said:
Anybody else care to chime in on how these tires have done??

I'm shopping and considering straying away from the Angel GT's for a change.

thanks.
gr

I currently have a set 30's on the bike. They are just ok when compared to PR -Gts.  In all riding conditions the PR's are superior. What is real unnerving is how the 30's respond to tar snakes which are very common here in New England.  I will not use them again. In fact I am thinking of replacing them before they are worn out.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.  I know opinions are just that, but it helps that a few guys have at least tried these.

I've been very loyal to Pirelli for a long time, but I think maybe I need to branch out this time around.

I will say that after upgrading my front end last year to Traxxion, I wore out my front tire a solid 2-3k miles BEFORE my Rear this time.
On OEM susp., I was nearly even, with a bit more wear on the Rear vs. the Front.

Interesting.  And also to be fair, I still don't think this upgraded suspension is set up or sprung correctly.  ::)

gr