• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bridgestone T32 GT

laker9142

I may have found my new favorite tire. I'm going to buy another set for further testing. After the truly terrible 021's it took a while to try another Bridgestone. But after trying some S22's on my Super Duke and reading more good stuff, I had to try them. It didn't hurt that I got a good sale price plus a $50 rebate, got the set for $300. I see now they're $375 and no rebate. I've got right at 3000 miles on them to the national and back, plus 3 days in West Virginia. It's an excellent tire and I found nothing it wouldn't do. I tried to rough it up on Push Mountain, rt 123, and another new favorite, rt 21 from Clarksville north for at least 50 miles. I tried again in WV and would go again on this tire. I think I can get another 1000 miles. Or at least a good 500 and still make it home. Kind of unheard of after years of pr3's and several sets of 5's and many other tires in the last few years; they would all be done at this point. I've been lost looking for a go to tire and this might be it. Plenty of rain in Arkansas although I never rode in a downpour it was tested on some very wet roads. My standard test is to hammer it in 1st and see what happens, it did not break loose. Only the Michelins can match that. The Michelins do feather quite a bit when abused, this tire did not. I saw the picture in the current Michelin thread which prompted me to post this.

Attachments

• 20220701_174541[4606].jpg
    20220701_174541[4606].jpg
    75 KB · Views: 185
Michelins that we have customarily run (PR3, PR4, R5) simply cannot take the abuse this machine and weight of machine can dish out - especially 2-up avg real life NAM sized people.

I expect the Michelin R6 will be the same, I have not tried that one - will stay with the Dunlop RSIV until another likeminded 2-up rider reports Michelin has had a breakthrough.

All the above Michelin tires are awesome they just don’t last long and their comfort fades for us after 3,000 - 3,500 of our average miles.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Last edited:
I'll be following along to see how Davids second set goes. I know how David rides & he is VERY hard on tires, not to mention the three roads he mentioned in AR are great for trashing tires. They're all chip n seal & can be ridden very fast as they have almost no traffic, particularly push Mountain & 123.

I would venture to guess most here would see at least 50% more mileage than he's seeing, probably more.

Wow, I don't have experience with 2 up riding on my C14 so cannot attest to their service life but for me at 160 and 5'9" I just took of the Road5GTs which lasted me just about 10K miles of combo surface, highway and hard riding on WA State mountain roads with really good success. The new R6GTs just got mounted and I will report on them when I get some more miles on them when I get out to Lolo Pass this summer.

Safe Travels!

Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja

Wow, I don't have experience with 2 up riding on my C14 so cannot attest to their service life but for me at 160 and 5'9" I just took of the Road5GTs which lasted me just about 10K miles of combo surface, highway and hard riding on WA State mountain roads with really good success. The new R6GTs just got mounted and I will report on them when I get some more miles on them when I get out to Lolo Pass this summer.

Safe Travels!

Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja
2-up 380# & 20# to 30# load and a heavy wrist they will not last half that mileage.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I am thinking of giving the T32’s a shot as well. I only see the 190/55/17 rear available in the GT spec though. Is that what you are running and will that make much of a difference in stability?

Just thought I'd share my experience with the T32GT. I'm a big guy on an FJR1300 so not exactly apples to apples. I got 7200 miles out of the rear T32GT in a 50/50 mix of freeway and twisty secondary roads. They ride comfortably and handled very well in all types of weather (including snow/sleet/rain at Bun Cooler 22) and maintained a nice rounded profile with no cupping or feathering. The front may be the best sport touring tire I've tried. If longevity is not your overriding concern, I would definitely give them a shot.

The FJR is about as close a match to the Connie in terms of weight and purpose that I can think of. I decided to pull the trigger on a set even though the rear Gt is a slightly different size than stock. BTW Cyclegear has them 30% off with free mounting on all tires for the Presidents’ Day event too. Thanks for giving me your take on them!

These are now my, go to, tires. I like everything about them. I've been looking for a, go to, tire since Michelin stopped with the pr3. I've been through them all. Although they don't last any longer than any other tire when hammered on repeatedly, they do perform well in all situations, and when hot, unlike a Pirelli Angel which gets all squirmy on a hot day in Missouri. The newest Dunlaps aren't bad but will spin up in the wet.

The 30% off price mentioned above is the everyday price. $149 and $215 is standard, and a good value compared to the latest Michelins. I bought my first set of these last spring for a real sale price of just over 300 for the set from Motosport.com out of Virginia. Hopefully they will repeat the sale this year.

Edit to note: I'm on my 3rd rear and 2nd front. As noted by 4k above, the front is exceptional. And its good to hear someone got 7k out of a rear!

Last edited:
These are now my, go to, tires. I like everything about them. I've been looking for a, go to, tire since Michelin stopped with the pr3. I've been through them all. Although they don't last any longer than any other tire when hammered on repeatedly, they do perform well in all situations, and when hot, unlike a Pirelli Angel which gets all squirmy on a hot day in Missouri. The newest Dunlaps aren't bad but will spin up in the wet.

The 30% off price mentioned above is the everyday price. $149 and $215 is standard, and a good value compared to the latest Michelins. I bought my first set of these last spring for a real sale price of just over 300 for the set from Motosport.com out of Virginia. Hopefully they will repeat the sale this year.

Edit to note: I'm on my 3rd rear and 2nd front. As noted by 4k above, the front is exceptional. And its good to hear someone got 7k out of a rear!
I did notice that those prices are available elsewhere and Cyclegear is a bit deceiving with their markdowns. I did buy from them
anyway because the promo will save me about $50-100 on mounting costs.
thanks for the feedback!

BTW I Forgot to mention that the fine print on their free mounting promo is for in store purchases only so they may not honor online orders.

Due to this thread, have a set of T32 ordered and on the way. I probably won't have them mounted until the pre Spider and Spider ride because I have a set of RS2 I need to burn through first.

I ordered them now because in my search for tires I have found the ones I usually run are getting harder to find so I try to have an extra set on hand whenever possible.

I have a set of T32s on my BMW. Like the FJR above, it's not an apples to apples comparison, but I love this tire. The only disappointing aspect is the tire life...but then it also doesn't cost as much.

Chris

Well I had to change out the rear T32gt at Cliff's and it had approximately 7500 miles on it. And Cliff did the install After checking when it was put it on. Glenn

Last edited:
Was the T32gt difficult to spoon on? I know Cliff does all his tire changes with irons. It seems like these would be stiff. SMH.

Was the T32gt difficult to spoon on? I know Cliff does all his tire changes with irons. It seems like these would be stiff. SMH.

I spooned a Mitas for him, I assume the T32 he's referring to is what I removed. Didn't really pay any attention to what I was removing.