• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brr BBQ Ride Leesburg AL

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Tom Sills (AAD GA) says "it's that time again" to go to "Deck's and Docks at 165 Chambers St., Leesburg, AL" and have lunch.

Meet there @ 11:00 on 2/27/2021.

It's a beautiful ride into NE Alabama to eat overlooking the lake. Last year it was a balmy, sunny day. This year will be no different. I've requested 65 degrees and sunny from our Event Coordinator, so you might as well come on over. See you there. (It's close to the National Rally site, too!)

Ron

last year it was about 20 degrees f in the morning when I left Murfreesboro tn, but warmed up into the mid 50's. good ride and food. I am going to try and make it.

Glenn

35 here when I left. Hot coffee is a wonderous tool... Nice ride home though. Nice thing about going west is that the time change makes for a little later start from Ga.

See you there Glenn.

Last edited:
This event has at times taken place place during some BRRRfect riding weather!

This location is well suited to deal with whatever the weatherman decides to dish out as it has both indoor and patio seating. The food and service is good and the prices quite reasonable. So get on your gear and steer your way to Leesburg for this event!

Tom Sills (AAD GA) says "it's that time again" to go to "Deck's and Docks at 165 Chambers St., Leesburg, AL" and have lunch.

Meet there @ 11:00 on 2/27/2021.

It's a beautiful ride into NE Alabama to eat overlooking the lake. Last year it was a balmy, sunny day. This year will be no different. I've requested 65 degrees and sunny from our Event Coordinator, so you might as well come on over. See you there. (It's close to the National Rally site, too!)

Ron
Yes, it will be sunny. Not quite so balmy, however...
The ride is living up to it's name:. Brrr Ride. Temps in the mid-30s at lunch time. I'm caging it as I'll be arriving from an earlier meeting at Rally location.
Looking forward to seeing y'all! And promise at least a warm reception!!!

Yes, it will be sunny. Not quite so balmy, however...
The ride is living up to it's name:. Brrr Ride. Temps in the mid-30s at lunch time. I'm caging it as I'll be arriving from an earlier meeting at Rally location.
Looking forward to seeing y'all! And promise at least a warm reception!!!
I’m clear. I’ll be riding from here if not too too rainy lol.

Man, I'd love to go again this year, it was an awesome ride and a great group to meet up with last year... but, it depends on if I get my bike back out of the shop by then.

Thanks again for organizing this event, Tom. Great fellowship in a nice, relaxing, scenic location on Weiss Lake, not far - 39 miles - from rally central at our '21 National Rally. Highly recommended!

Well THAT was fun! 350 miles round trip to eat a pretty good burger in a beautiful place with a group of 14 great folks. Just didn’t have enough time to talk enough with every single one.

Attachments

• 4B4DE8EE-FD42-4909-9FF1-492442B60933.jpeg
    4B4DE8EE-FD42-4909-9FF1-492442B60933.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 137
This was about an hour from the 2021 National rally venue and would be a good RTE for that, too.

Attachments

• C061BD2C-9620-4985-AF6B-605574970992.jpeg
    C061BD2C-9620-4985-AF6B-605574970992.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 128
Good place for the meetup. I'd been by there a dozen times and never paid any attention, to my shame. It's a challenge sometimes balancing between going places and just being places, or just being where you are so good to stop and look around.

Like the parking lot photo. As always I gotta be different. I just can't bring myself to park downhill on the sidestand. :) Unlike those FLs, the C10 sidestand doesn't lock in place. My official excuse.

I'd mentioned there are some good roads right around the corner from Leesburg, so here's a bad google link to some of them in case any of you make it out that way again. Should at least give a direction to go. Be forewarned that there's some sketchy roads off the beaten track. The area around Weiss lake is interesting in that there are lots of large flat fields, many full of cotton but there are steep hills and passes nearby. You can go from miles of passing 1000s of acres of flat fields looking more like south of I-20 to a few miles later running along the Little river Canyon looking down a steep cliff face. I believe a few of you went back on 411 so that's a sample of the flat part, but there's a lot of that flatness from the lake until you get south of 278 and from there a lot of lumpiness all the way to 78.

For the rally, there's Guntersville State Park (duh!), but also DeSoto and Cheaha state parks close by (close for Concours owners!). Cheaha is the highest point in Alabama, though that's not very high. Also close to Guntersville is Buck's Pocket. It's been looking run down lately due to budget cuts but interesting nonetheless. Think I at least marked DeSoto and Buck's Pocket on one of the maps.

Also, off-topic but still has two wheels. I'm terrible at remembering names, but if you were listening to me speak of a Huffy - here it is on the trail. $20 Huffy with $40 worth of tires. :) Doesn't roll so good which makes for better exercise.

IMG_20210206_114254026.jpg

Thank you Matt!! It was great to meet you and looking forward to having you at the rally.
Ron

Belated thanks to all who came to the RTE. Your support is what makes COG happen. Well do this again next year but no promises re the weather...

Weather turned out pretty good all things considered. Warm enough for outdoor dining but not warm enough for the bugs to share the food :) lol