• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brrrrr Ride [VA] Nov 7 - Nov 10 @ Natural Bridge KOA

DustyStrom

Join us for the annual Brrrr Ride!

We will camp at the Natural Bridge KOA (cabins available - recommend early reservations). http://www.koakampgrounds.com/where/va/46144.htm

This event runs from Thursday (arrival) through Sunday (departure).  We will meet for informal group breakfast at 8am Friday and Saturday and informal group dinner at 6pm at “The Pink Cadillac”.

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/KDJpvPoTVq32  Pick Cadillac web site:  http://www.pcdinerva.com/

Semi-organized rides are planned for Friday (11/8/19) and Saturday (11/9/19).  A Sunday run up to Blue Grass for the annual “Buckwheat Pancake Breakfast Benefit” is planned – we expect the event to be held Sunday (11/10/19).

Expect folks in the KOA “Classic Camping Cabins” area (generally the “early risers”).  As we have been for the last 10 years the “COG Horseman” will be across the foot bridge in the “Newer Cabin” area – specifically cabin 63.  A communal COG Campfire will be blazing between Cabins 62 & 63 – so grab cabins 62 and 64 while you can!

The KOA has also been busy constructing new cabins – some even have refrigerators.  If you are not interested in camping or cabins the closest motel is the Budget Inn, 4331 South Lee Highway, Natural Bridge, VA (540-291-2896)

Fall has arrived and it’s not too early to be planning for that Brrr ride!  :great:

With lots of “Big Rides” wrapping up (NE Fall Rally, RWTW, SNICKER2 and TVR Annual Rally etc) lets break out those electrics and make some cabin reservations!

Looking forward to it, hope I can be on the bike by then. If not I’ll be running a chase car in the Jeep.

What no guesses so far?  :truce:  Both look pretty cold eh!

On the right is the well-known COG master Clyde “Dr Smooth” Watson.  He has done pretty much everything you can do in the NE Area and is probably a charter member of the “NE Camping Crazies”.  Despite being sucked into the world of Evinrudes, boats and fishing – we expect him at Brrr with a brand new ride!  :beerchug:

On the left is Ron Penn, past owner of several Connies and once a staple of our rides.  Some years back he retired and moved to Tennessee – has anyone heard from hm lately?

Dusty_Strom said:
Who can identify these two fine gentlemen (from the 2006 Brrr Ride Buckwheat Pancake Breakfast)?

Rumor is one will have a brand new bike at this year's Brrr!

This link will take you to a full size picture of the attachment included in this post: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzcbuz35w6197he/2006%20Shoulda%20got%20them%20Electrics.JPG?dl=0

I get a Christmas card from Ron every year and a email from time to time.
Ron has said why don't you bring bunch of the OLD COGER down for a visit.

Russell -- if you could send me his email and physical address I would appreciate it!  I have gotten stuff returned so I apparently I no longer have his correct info.

Russell W Fleming said:
I get a Christmas card from Ron every year and a email from time to time.
Ron has said why don't you bring bunch of the OLD COGER down for a visit.

Wow, the chilly weather has really rolled in this week -- starting to feel the Brrr!

Some trees are changing and bright colors are popping -- should make for a great Brrr Ride -- not too late to make reservations -- hope to see you all there!

Going to have to play this one a bit closer to the date.
My long term forecaster isn't going to make this a good weekend.
This is the Brrrr....Saturday evening.
Hope it changes. I'd really like an Elvis Burger right about now.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_58.png

You know --- it doesn't look so bad if you are Blue-Green colorblind .... plus it's totally clear from Canada so we expect the Northern contingent will be there ...

Come on --- its gonna be a great Brrrr ride!

millerized said:
Going to have to play this one a bit closer to the date.
My long term forecaster isn't going to make this a good weekend.
This is the Brrrr....Saturday evening.
Hope it changes. I'd really like an Elvis Burger right about now.

Was on the Blue Ridge Parkway Sunday (in a car alas) but the colors were beautiful!!  Brrr will be super this year .... and yes ... pretty darn chilly at night (just like it should be).

Great news!!  :)  The Blue Grass Pancake breakfast will be on SATURDAY (NOT Sunday).

Plenty of folks are staying through Monday but having the Pancake breakfast on Saturday will make for a great ride --- and those heading home south / east on Sunday won't be limited by hitting Blue Grass.

Great news!  :great:

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :beerchug:

those are more than just plain pancakes... they are BUCKWHEAT pancakes.... mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm good...
looks like you all will be needing some good calories there, as the temps up here in Ohio, by the lake (which actually keeps us warmer) will be around 25* that weekend.. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, gotta think y'all are gonna be chilly in the mountains fer sure...

But, Buckwheat's for brekki, then a trip to Paint Bank for lunch at the Bridge...
https://www.theswingingbridge.com/

then back to the Pink Cadillac for din-din, will make for a good loop of food blis...
y'all ride safe and have fun, watch out for the slick roads..
:great: :great: :great: :great:

Somone better stop by Pat's and check the Stump for some Applejack!

Bundle up guys!
Hope you have a good weekend.

Snowing on the Mountain this morning.

jason

we have had 3 "dustings" of snow this past week, but luckily they didn't dump "the battery acid/salt combo" on the road yet... so I might be able to squeak one more trip out to fill up with fuel/Sta-Bil Marine mix, before we get the forecast "major squalls" Monday/Tuesday... projecting 8".....  :-\ :-\ :-\ :mad:

:'( :'( :'( :'(

once the salt/acid is spread... my bike is sitting for the winter here...

Ride safe Y'all.... this is the part I miss about living in Va., but... we don't have hurricanes here in Ohio.  :rotflmao:

What a great Brrr Ride!

Weather was very cooperative -- we pretty much had it all --- chilly (with fire) then cold (with fire) then freaking cold (with fire) then warm!

Buckwheats on Saturday worked out great … although the 4 Horseman used a new approach -- Breakfast at Highs then dessert buckwheats at Blue Grass -- so we just barely overlapped with the Russell mob in Blue Grass.  Very cold --- but much more comfortable when you remember to plug the electric jacket in!

Roger and Clyde proved expert fire-meisters and we mostly cabined together “across the broken bridge to nowhere” --- which was great.  Clear nights and almost full moon added to the ambience, as well as the white cat that visited a few nights.  A full complement of Kermits and new-fangled micro-light chairs supported us while we sampled various adult beverages.

Dropped over to “the other side” a few times and although I ran into several friendly groups around fires never did synch up with Dan.

As usual we breakfasted and dined at Pink Cadillac --- walking down the road was easy but “heart attack hill” on the way back was a challenge. 

All told about a dozen COGgers braved the weather and were well rewarded.  Looking forward to next year!