• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bucknuckles-RTE Praag,Wisconsin

ZG/ZN Kim

I completed a "recon-ride" yesterday(8/09) up to Bucknuckles. Looks like a good place for a RTE to me. They have a nice outdoor covered pavilion. Praag is in the heart of Buffalo County. Some of the best looking real estate(hills) in Wisconsin. We will meet Saturday(8/22) and "break bread" at 1:00 PM.

OK, for those interested in riding up in a group. I will ride up Sauk City, we can meet at the McDonalds along hwy 12 at 8:15 AM. Kickstands up at 8:30 AM. We will also stop at the Kwik Trip on the west side of Reedsburg(along 23) at 9:15 AM/kickstands up 9:20 AM.
We will ride Wildcat Mtn, Mindoro Cut, 162(south of Bangor), fair amount of hwy 33, and some of the Great River Road north of La Crosse, plus a couple of alphabet roads
Hope to see you there, better yet hope to ride up to Bucknuckles with you.

I’ll join in. Anyone else heading in from the Twin Cities direction and care to join up for the ride to Bucknuckles?

I will be riding down from the north(Shell Lake) and meet you all at Bucknuckles.  Been there several times in the last 20 years. HWY 88 was redone in several places a few years ago because of floods. It`s a nice scenic ride. I ride a 2010 dark blue Concours with goid wheels.      Floyd                         

Looks like I will be able to make it.  Wife ended up going to a horse show. I haven't been down in that area for a few weeks, but it is the best riding close to home.  I am in the Hudson area, just east of St. Paul if anyone wants to ride down together.

I'll plan on making a pit-stop at the BP station in Prescott WI on my way in from Minneapolis.  If anyone wants to meet up, I'll plan on leaving from there at 11:00, leaving two hours to do a little exploration on the way to Bucknuckles.

BP Station
302 Lake St. North
Prescott WI

Keith S said:
I'll plan on making a pit-stop at the BP station in Prescott WI on my way in from Minneapolis.  If anyone wants to meet up, I'll plan on leaving from there at 11:00, leaving two hours to do a little exploration on the way to Bucknuckles.

BP Station
302 Lake St. North
Prescott WI

Keith, Don't wait for me at BP, but if I am coming I will be there at 11:00 or before.

OK, I tried to reserve a table for 6-8 people at 1:00,  in the back pavilion, but was told, it will not be a problem.I was told there will be plenty of room.
Plus, you can park your bike back by the pavilion if you want to keep a eye on it.
Weather- I am going to carry my rain gear. But I do not plan to put it on, a little shower will probably feel good by tomorrow afternoon
Stops-I will be at the Sauk City McDonalds @ 8:15 AM, Reedsburg west Kwik Trip at 9:15 AM

Hope to see you there.

Weather doesn't look to bad.  At least it won't be dusty in the morning.  I was thinking I am going to do breakfast at 8:30 at the Roberts Cafe (best home maid food in the area IMHO) Then ride the Rush River Valley, Canadian Ridge, Arcadia, Arkansaw,  Eau Galle areas.  If anyone is interested in some really nice back roads they are more then welcome to join.  Planning on leaving Roberts at 9:15.  Kim, not sure which way you are coming up, but I would guess you will be close to Waumadee if you want to check out the cabins and possible tenting area for a future event.  Otherwise I have all the information somewhere.  Hopefully see you all tomorrow. 

Wow, at 4:15 AM the radar is full of green/yellow stuff north of La Crosse. Not to worry it will be breaking up.
Jeff-If nobody shows to ride up with me today, I will have time to check out the "Buffalo County Resort" in Waumandee. See you around 1:00 PM.

Well, only 6 people signed up and we had 8 people actually attend. Quite a change to the norm!
The weather was not perfect,  personal opinion too sunny and warm.
Happy to see some familiar faces, plus got to meet a few new people. Buck(Keith), Kimberly, and Pix thanks for showing up today. Bucknuckles was a interesting place to be, that is, if you are a people watcher.

Thanks again, Everyone!

Good times, good times.  The people watching was a bit extreme.  I had nightmares last night of the gun toting, Broom Hilda like person with the booming laugh. 
She/He? scared the crap out of me.