• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bun Cooler 2019?

Daboo

Yeah, I'm a little ahead of things, but do we have dates yet for the Bun Cooler next Spring?

Chris

3rd weekend in May.  Looks like 17, 18 and leave the 19th. But that doesn't sound right? Jim?

I did.  :D  And I want to make sure I fit it in with everything else.

Last "summer", I went to the Bun Cooler.  Then joined the ST-Owners for the NEWSTOC over in Eastern Washington.  Another great group of people and fantastic roads.  Then hit the North Cascades Highway a couple times.  Artist Point.  The Longest Day ride.  Went up to the Canadian Rockies.  Then down the Washington, Oregon, California coastline.  Then back up through Zion and Lassen Volcanic National Park, and then sprinkled in there were some local rides. 

And then there was family vacations, like the one to California (twice) and Iceland. 

It all started with the Bun Cooler.  So I need to make sure I get that on the calendar and don't plan anything else for that time.  Besides, when the rain is coming down in November through March...it'll give me something to look forward to.  ;)

Chris

TimR said:
Dates appear to be 17, 18 and 19th of May 2019

Hey!!!!    I ride a Suzuki.  But now I'm in Mexico on it, stuck here for I don't know how long because the country is out of gas!!  :-(

I just registered.

The KOA says that they are already full.  :-\  I mentioned that I was with the COG group hoping that someone booked the whole place for the group but she said nope it is all full with individual names.  She offered tent sites.

I then called the Clearwater 12 and they were full.

I reserved a room at the Kamiah Inn.  $64.00 + tax.

I"M IN!!!!

Terry DeFreese said:
I just registered.

The KOA says that they are already full.  :-\  I mentioned that I was with the COG group hoping that someone booked the whole place for the group but she said nope it is all full with individual names.  She offered tent sites.

I then called the Clearwater 12 and they were full.

I reserved a room at the Kamiah Inn.  $64.00 + tax.

I"M IN!!!!
CU there. You bringing the boys

They are invited but life is getting in the way. The youngster is getting married in October so he's saving his money like crazy. I suggested one last ride... we'll see.

Terry DeFreese said:
They are invited but life is getting in the way. The youngster is getting married in October so he's saving his money like crazy. I suggested one last ride... we'll see.
I'll kick in a twenty for gas  :)

I checked with the resort today and they still have cabins left and those who haven't paid a deposit on their room need to make one. There are people who made reservations, some last year at the BC, and they don't know who is coming and who is not. There are people who made reservations that haven't registered for the BC so get your deposit made and register. Those who made reservations somewhere else can still cancel those and join all the fun kids at the LC resort.

Awh looks like I will be calling for a cabin as soon as this post is finished. Thanks Jim...
I thought I would be staying at the same place I did last year, it was very nice but a couple miles from the resort and spendy. My good friend will be tagging along on his Harley this year so a cabin will be good...

Old Man on a Connie said:
Terry DeFreese said:

Hey Mark I am bringing another JAR HEAD we have backup  :)

Grant said:
Terry DeFreese said:

Hey Mark I am bringing another JAR HEAD we have backup  :)

Heh heh, you'll need em.

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
The more pet Marines we have, the merrier.  ;)
:) There is a strange analogy between God and the Marine Corps. No one wants either until they are needed.  :beerchug: Grant, I have some very cool EGA helmet decals I'll bring up. Think cover iron on's.

FWIW-

Although I don't post here much, I have remained a member lo these many years since my Connie's sale.

And after much harassment, belittling, non-stop insults and threats of violence, by the Old Man, I have been convinced to attend the Bun Cooler.

Not that anyone gives a shit, of course...but....

I got the last cabin.

So...if someone needs a bed I’ll be accepting bribes, payoffs, livestock, a new set of specifically sized Michelin PR4’s…

bring your bargaining skills to the table.

ptacasio.gif

I’m not to be trifled with.

The resort called me and said they are out of rooms, but if people want to camp in one of the large halls they can let you do that for $20-25. I'm guessing you can use the pool bathroom. Give them a call if you are interested. 

Monday, the 6th, is the last day to register for the Bun Cooler and get a meal. I have to let the guy cooking for the banquet our count so he can get food ordered. So those who haven't registered yet need to get it done and those sitting on the fence need to get off.

The weatherman says good weather.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
Monday, the 6th, is the last day to register for the Bun Cooler and get a meal. I have to let the guy cooking for the banquet our count so he can get food ordered. So those who haven't registered yet need to get it done and those sitting on the fence need to get off.

The weatherman says good weather.
Weathermen LIE!

We haven't had bad weather at the Bun Cooler since I have been hosting it. I can't be responsible for the weather getting here or home again.

Jim I can remember rain ay least once if not twice. I was at the Bun Cooler one year and don't remember which. I was in the Café having breakfast and it was raining. Not real hard but still. As I was sipping my coffee, I watched two guys leave there restaurant and head towards the rooms. One walked, and the other ran. In my mind I asked thought, "Hmm, I wonder which one is from Seattle." I continued with the coffee because no one seemed to be in a big hurry. I don't remember what the group did on that rainy day, but it must have been OK because I came back the following year.     

TimR said:
Jim I can remember rain ay least once if not twice. I was at the Bun Cooler one year and don't remember which. I was in the Café having breakfast and it was raining. Not real hard but still. As I was sipping my coffee, I watched two guys leave there restaurant and head towards the rooms. One walked, and the other ran. In my mind I asked thought, "Hmm, I wonder which one is from Seattle." I continued with the coffee because no one seemed to be in a big hurry. I don't remember what the group did on that rainy day, but it must have been OK because I came back the following year.   

That was the year most of us hung out under the second floor walkway and had an awesome bench racing session.  To Jim's benefit, I think that was the last year Mike Curtiss was host.  It was also one of my favorite Bun Coolers, because we actually got to spend a lot of time getting to know each other.

Our 1st time out myself and the counterweight showed up on Friday and left on Sat in a pouring rain (we won't talk about the old dude in his tighty whities in the morn on his cabin porch). Did lolo all the way to Yellowstone in liquid sunshine. Had my a$$ handed to me a couple times on the way in and out. Hey, It's called the Bun Cooler for a reason. And there is a reason why it is the oldest rally in COG. Come prepared or suffer. It Don't Get No Mo betta.  :beerchug: ;) :great:

I believe it was my first BC and it poured the while weekend. Went riding anyway and loved the heck out of it!

That rainy day was the last time Mike hosted the BC. I only guarantee nice days at the BC. You are on your own getting here and getting home.

Charlie is right about the nice time we had with everyone under the balcony drinking beer and bench racing. Some still went riding. I figured they must be from Seattle because that would have been a nice day for them.

Don't forget to let me know if you are coming to our BBQ on Thurs. evening. I might have to run over another raccoon to have enough for everyone. 

Today is the last day to register and get a meal. You can still register to ride and might get leftovers for dinner.

They are doing a lot of construction on the intersection in Lewiston where you cross the Clearwater River on Hwy 12. If you are coming from the west you will want to turn coming into Clarkston over the Redwolf bridge. Then turn right on 128 and you will miss that construction mess.

Glena is making nametags and there are a number of people that don't list where they are from. If you don't have a profile in the COG membership book, have a guest, or aren't a member, she needs you to post where you are from in this forum or PM us. You get no cookies if you don't cooperate with her. :)

Long story, short. I had been planning on riding out with a couple guys from my area. A camp and ride.  But not going to happen. So I will be bringing my wife out. I do have a campsite reserved, and will use if required.
But if for what ever reason, someone cannot attend, I would take their room off of their hands. I know I am bring this up very late.
Thanks

gsun said:
I believe it was my first BC and it poured the while weekend. Went riding anyway and loved the heck out of it!

Happy to see you joining us again Gregg!  We have missed you!

Tigger said:
gsun said:

Happy to see you joining us again Gregg!  We have missed you!

Tigger if some poor late guy just shows up the day of he can register that night right? Asking for a friend.  :??:

You can register that day, but we can't guarantee there will be food. We can check with the caterer and see if they have enough food that morning. We wouldn't charge you for the food if there isn't enough. 

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
You can register that day, but we can't guarantee there will be food. We can check with the caterer and see if they have enough food that morning. We wouldn't charge you for the food if there isn't enough.

Thanks Jim, I just won't know till after this weekend if I can come? I'll take my chances with dinner.

Stubby said:
Jim_Sherman_ID said:

Thanks Jim, I just won't know till after this weekend if I can come? I'll take my chances with dinner.
I'll share for a price.

Stubby said:
Jim_Sherman_ID said:

I'll share for a price.
BTW Owen has a cabin and is looking for a roomie if needed. Hope to CU Stubbs.

I think "looking for a roomie" puts an unnecessarily positive spin on the fact that I have an extra bed whose comfort I will grant to the survivor of a post-barbecue, all hands, fight-to-the-death.

Let's be clear about these things.

Stubby said:
Jim_Sherman_ID said:

I'll share for a price.

I have a place in town ( just in case ). Test rides this weekend to see if my legs are any shorter OMC  :-\ :??:

Stubby said:
Stubby said:
Jim_Sherman_ID said:

I'll share for a price.

I have a place in town ( just in case ). Test rides this weekend to see if my legs are any shorter OMC  :-\ :??:
Poop. I thought Owen wasn't looking. Best of Stubbs and hope to CU. Go Go Gadget shoes!  :beerchug:

Jim and Glenna, I won't be attending again this year (Ostio Arthritis in my hands and other complications) If anyone shows up and needs a meal they are welcome to mine. The shirt can be figured out later (I'll happily pay to ship)  I'm sad I won't be seeing everyone and will miss the fun, but it is what it is.
Bob.

And to think there are some posting like the COG is dying ::) just why I say stop worrying about what COG isn't open your eyes and take a look at what it is...... :)

looking forward to seeing you all at the BC this year.  it's been a disastrous last 5 years and i'm looking forward to being there again. (didn't realize it's been 5 years already!!!)

-Brian

I need a little bit of help here. Does anyone know where the following people are from?

Connie Brauning
Mark Brauning
Elizabeth Calacal
Ethan Riley
Jesal Oderdra
Ladd Cooker
Ron Lauder

They are non-members so their is no profile and they are not in the membership handbook. I would really hate to have to spend so much time tracking people down that I don't have time to bake cookies. :) Thanks for your help.

Glena

Ladd Crooker and Ethan Riley are friends of mine. Ladd is from Mill Creek, WA. and Ethan is from Lacey, WA.

Ron and Elizabeth (Liz) are my friends. They live in Irvines Landing, BC. That's near Pender Harbour if that helps! Hope this frees up some baking time!!  :)

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I need a little bit of help here. Does anyone know where the following people are from?

Connie Brauning
Mark Brauning
Elizabeth Calacal
Ethan Riley
Jesal Oderdra
Ladd Cooker
Ron Lauder

They are non-members so their is no profile and they are not in the membership handbook. I would really hate to have to spend so much time tracking people down that I don't have time to bake cookies. :) Thanks for your help.

Glena
Jim? Your baking? 4/20 was a couple weeks ago.  :)

Thanks Grant and Gregg. This is just what I needed and I appreciate your help.  Now I can finish up the name tags and will have time for baking.  As for you, Mark, you should know that Jim doesn't even know where the oven is, much less how to use it.

Not that I know of. You can get a good breakfast in most of the small towns. Elk City has a good breakfast at the cafe with the gas station. Kooskia has breakfast at the cafe on the right when you come into town. There is also a bakery in Kamiah.

... will be missing this year's Bun Cooler, illness.  Have fun.
Hope several people post up activity photos (... and not hosted via FBook).
My 2 bed motel room is cancelled; KoA is to call the 4 person wait list Tuesday AM.

TimR said:
The bakery in Kamiah has "bacon" bread and is a good place to eat.

Agree to both counts. 

Is there any one in the Portland metro area that is going to do a one day to Kamiah on thursday, weather permitting? If the weather holds, If not I will lay up in Walla Walla, but I'm hoping for dry roads. 

There should be another room available at the KOA. Jay (ZG) cannot make it this year, life happens. :truce:

Gumby said:
There should be another room available at the KOA. Jay (ZG) cannot make it this year, life happens. :truce:
I call BS and navel gazing. Tell him I'm pissed. Will miss his aroma.  :beerchug:

Jim and all,

Will miss the BC this year.  Sorry!

Just cancelled my room reservation, so room 201 is available.  So is my dinner.

Jim, if I need to do anything to settle up with you all, let me know.  I ordered a t-shirt, so if you need it for somebody else, go ahead and just give it to them, and I don't mind paying for it anyway.

Hope to see you next year!

Jim_Sherman_ID said:

Connie Brauning
Mark Brauning
Elizabeth Calacal
Ethan Riley
Jesal Oderdra
Ladd Cooker
Ron Lauder

Glena

Hi Glena
I'm a member (#3157), and I'm in the most recent handbook. I updated my forum profile just now. I'm from Calgary.
Cheers
Jesal Odedra

If someone needs it there will be another meal available, my friend Ethan had to bail. ::)

Just called the motel. Rain storm last night.  knocked trees down, and they hope for power within the hour.  Glad that is out of the way.  we may get a bit wet, but we will have great riding temps.

Gumby said:
Ya, I am a girl. :truce:

What a shame we are going to have to paint that pretty VFR pink and pull his man card LOL

Wait I am confused I thought you said Jay wasn't going to make it???? So what are you bringing his bike in the back of a truk???

Gumby said:
Ya, I am a girl. :truce:

Yer in big trouble iff'n sailorchick sees this, just sayin'.

Y'all have fun out there. I'm enjoying those new gloves that I won last year.

So very Proud of the NW Bun Cooler participants. Auction raised $463 dollars for OTP. Coggers are frugal but they ain't cheap. Thank you all!

Just got back to Wisconsin(Wednesday, 4:00 PM CDT). No issues everything fine, just under 4300 miles.  This year's Bun Cooler for my wife and myself, was like a trip to Alaska, without leaving the lower 48 states. We rode through everything, and you better have the gear. I would like to say, if you like to ride and have a sense of adventure, the Bun Cooler is  destination for you.
We rode just under 700 miles on Sunday-- luckily. Monday, We left Buffalo, Wy headed to Casper. Temperature at freezing(+2/-2 deg F). Snow standing in the passing lane on the bridges. Easy after that, 35 deg F, and rain all the way into central Nebraska.
Would I do it again, Yup, already thinking about it.

Thanks everyone.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Just got back to Wisconsin(Wednesday, 4:00 PM CDT). No issues everything fine, just under 4300 miles.  This year's Bun Cooler for my wife and myself, was like a trip to Alaska, without leaving the lower 48 states. We rode through everything, and you better have the gear. I would like to say, if you like to ride and have a sense of adventure, the Bun Cooler is  destination for you.
We rode just under 700 miles on Sunday-- luckily. Monday, We left Buffalo, Wy headed to Casper. Temperature at freezing(+2/-2 deg F). Snow standing in the passing lane on the bridges. Easy after that, 35 deg F, and rain all the way into central Nebraska.

Thanks everyone.

Cool. Didja go to Elk City?

ZG/ZN Kim said:

Thanks everyone.
Glad y'all made it home, it was a good time spending the weekend with you and Sue and the rest of the BC crew. :beerchug: