• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bun Cooler 25th Anniversary Information - May 13 - 15, 2016

Daddoz777 said:
Has the BC ever been a bust due to bad weather?  I live in WA & I'm tired of ridin' in the rain!

I lived in Washington for 17 years, 14 in the Seattle area. I rode almost every single day, mostly in the rain. The Bun cooler to the best of my knowledge has never been cancelled due to bad weather. One year I we woke up to snow on a Sunday. Waited till 11 am to leave and we did fine.

As Jim stated, make your reservation/registration and plan on attending. See you there!    :great:

Daddoz777 said:
I really want to go but I'm on the proverbial fence because the forecast doesn't look real favorable.  Has the BC ever been a bust due to bad weather?  I live in WA & I'm tired of ridin' in the rain!

Well, it IS called the "Bun Cooler" for a reason....

snow.jpg

Was still a great time though!  :))

Guess I'll put my Mesh gear back in the closet and the shorts go to the bottom of the drawer again.

WANDRNG said:
Guess I'll put my Mesh gear back in the closet and the shorts go to the bottom of the drawer again.
I'm bringing both Buddy. South of Boise tends to get warm quickly.

I told you guys I ordered warm and sunny. There has been bad weather getting here and going home, but there hasn't been a bad day since I've been running it. It rained this week and now it has it out of its system.

gsun said:
Daddoz777 said:
Anybody have a spare bed they need to fill?

I think TimR was looking for a roomie.

Yep - go back to page 3 in this thread.
He's all full up so I got registered across the street at KOA.  Looking forward to the weekend as this will be my first BC.  Woo hooooooo!

Daddoz777 said:
gsun said:
Daddoz777 said:
Anybody have a spare bed they need to fill?

I think TimR was looking for a roomie.

Yep - go back to page 3 in this thread.
He's all full up so I got registered across the street at KOA.  Looking forward to the weekend as this will be my first BC.  Woo hooooooo!

L&C is the KOA, so you'll be right there in the thick of it.

I'm a little new at this.  So, does the Bun Cooler have anything to do with the wedgie tree?  And who decides who has the coolest bun?  Are there prizes?

Daddoz777 said:
I'm a little new at this.  So, does the Bun Cooler have anything to do with the wedgie tree?  And who decides who has the coolest bun?  Are there prizes?

The wedgie tree is for those who don't register before they show up, making Glena's life interesting.  Similar to the Tree of Shame at Deal's Gap, only we hang people on it instead of bike parts.  >:D

If you bring an infrared thermometer, you can be the one who decides who has the coolest buns.  :great:

I don't want to be the person who touches the butt of a GOD (Grouchy Old Dude) and gets beaten about the head and shoulders.

There will definitely be prizes.  I recommend getting one from COG, and not the Idaho State Trooper who likes to wait for motorcyclists coming down from Lolo Pass. :motonoises:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Daddoz777 said:

The wedgie tree is for those who don't register before they show up, making Glena's life interesting.  Similar to the Tree of Shame at Deal's Gap, only we hang people on it instead of bike parts.  >:D

If you bring an infrared thermometer, you can be the one who decides who has the coolest buns.  :great:

I don't want to be the person who touches the butt of a GOD (Grouchy Old Dude) and gets beaten about the head and shoulders.

There will definitely be prizes.  I recommend getting one from COG, and not the Idaho State Trooper who likes to wait for motorcyclists coming down from Lolo Pass. :motonoises:

Leaving tomorrow for Kamiah. Its a 16 hour plus shot, so not doing it all at once. Though I guess it would qualify as an Iron Butt achievement.

Gave up my campsite in Winnemucca NV thinking I might not be able to get there after my HD heated liner and stuff were stolen. Alls good now, I'll just stop in a forest or rest area and sleep on the bike. Going to ride tomorrow until I can't stand it any more, that way I get in early on the 12th. Then after the TimeOut is set up I'll just sleep LOL.

Hey JR, be safe out there. I've only got an 11 hour trip, But always spit the ride to 2 days. 6 hour rides are just right :great: 

Google maps estimates my trip at 8 hours.  I've found their estimates are based on if you don't stop.  For anything.  So my trip should be 10 hours which in theory will put me to Kamiah at around 4:00 pm Friday.  I'm really looking forward to checking out other people's seats because I'm pretty sure I'll be replacing my stock one.

I'm staying at the KOA too , I figured I bought new camping gear this winter so I might as well use it ... plus it leaves me more money for gas and tires .

Does anyone have info on planned/suggested rides in the area?

Last time I went we went out to Elk City (AWESOME- Better than HWY 12), from their we went on a circuitous route looping back into Kamiah, but I don't recall the way.

Trying to get GPS programmed with the various options...

And we're off! See everybody tomorrow.  :beerchug:

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=10a655730b67010a60

Lone-Rider said:
Does anyone have info on planned/suggested rides in the area?

Last time I went we went out to Elk City (AWESOME- Better than HWY 12), from their we went on a circuitous route looping back into Kamiah, but I don't recall the way.

Trying to get GPS programmed with the various options...

Don't have any good ideas myself other than do what I do- just follow somebody else any enjoy whatever good ride they take me on.  :motonoises:  I want to go faster than 50 mph, so I don't think I'll be doing Lolo Pass.

Will there be a prize for the guy that packs the most useless stuff? Cause I think I'm in the running.... :-[

WHAT??? Your packed? I leave in less than 12 hours and haven't even started yet. Rhe bags are out at least.

There, spot 193 at the KOA, camping trailer set up. Washed the bugs off the trike.  :rotflmao:

The last 50 miles of 95 into the intersection that is 2 minutes from KOA is a rocking twisty ride!

COG SouthWesters stopped off for some food and beverages on the way to the Bun Cooler. We go to all the best places!

Attachments

• building.jpg
    building.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 116
I was there. What a bunch of staid people. Just kidding, but built a kickass campire and none but one showed. Southwest has you beat by far.

I'm taking fire master for Run with the Wolf in Suchess GA in September. If I can steal it from the expert. Eat your hearts out.

When I come next year will do the same. It was nice!

Jr

People were asking about a campfire, there must of been a breakdown in communication. Another great B/C in the books thanks to Jim Sherman and company. 

Mortech said:
Hey now I shared a couple nips with you by the fire  , since it was almost right by my tent

Indeed you did, and I enjoyed meeting you.  :great:

Next year I'll build it on Friday night. And lets hope for good weather again.

That is a nice KOA, I love them when they are isolated like that. Stayed at another that was almost part of a city, too much highway/road nice all the time.