• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bun Cooler cancelled.

arrowlane

I decided to cancel the Bun Cooler for this year. The national ban on large gatherings has been extended to May 1. We don't know what will happen after that. That doesn't give time to plan anything if we get the go ahead. I would expect we wouldn't have a very good turn out anyway. Plus it would be irresponsible on my part to bring people from all over into Kamiah where they haven't had any cases yet.

Let's figure on a great Bun Cooler next year.

Ride safe and be careful.

Well that is a bummer Jim! Was looking forward to it. I think you made the right call and I know it was a tough one! A lot of good folks go and I will miss them this year.

Looking forward to 2021!

Rusty said:
I think you made the right call and I know it was a tough one! A lot of good folks go and I will miss them this year.
Looking forward to 2021!

Agree.  :truce:  The restrictions here, and news of what's happening elsewhere, have me working down my list of home projects - so it's bad!

Small group local riders, likely leaning toward day rides, is what I guesstimate my riding will look like for spring 2020. 

Well shit need to cancel my room then. On a lighter note.... the people here in central Utah will be disappointed.  They count on a big snow storm when I go on that ride.  :D

Red Fox said:
Rusty said:
I think you made the right call and I know it was a tough one! A lot of good folks go and I will miss them this year.
Looking forward to 2021!

Agree.  :truce:  The restrictions here, and news of what's happening elsewhere, have me working down my list of home projects - so it's bad!

Small group local riders, likely leaning toward day rides, is what I guesstimate my riding will look like for spring 2020.

I agree, it was the best thing to do. I regretfully just cancelled the event we host also.  :'( 

I was finally gonna make it this year to!  :motonoises:

Take care everyone.  :)

Hope to see everyone there next year. This virus/national emergency is really inconvenient/cramping my style.😎 Be well folks.

When I called the resort I asked them to cancel any reservations for the BC. If for some reason you still want your reservation you will need to let them know. If you didn't tell them you are with COG you better call and cancel.

I am hoping this will be all behind us and we have a great BC next year.

Hold on the Bun Cooler is not canceled, we are going to wait until the middle of April to find out whether we move the date or continue with the same date. we may run into a snag with food but at this point we want to move forward with the Bun cooler there just may be a delay in when It Takes Place. Kari and Bruce are going to contact the resort and talk with Resort to let them know that the individuals will cancel on there own.
if anybody wants to Cancel the reservations they’re welcome to, but at this time we’re not advising anybody to cancel the reservations.
As for registration we will not be accepting any registration until closer to the end of April that way we know for sure whether it’s moving forward or being set up for a new date to have the Bun cooler, but we do not plan on canceling at this time or moving it. :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :)

I probably will not be able to attend this year BUT 3rd week in May is still a long ways off. I agree wise to hold fast for now.

After all the Bun Cooler is the longest continuous rally in all of COGdom. I for one am not ready to put it in the history book.   

Thank you Jim,
I appreciate how difficult it is to do something like that for a group. I appreciate your leadership.